Paypal & Thai Visa Electron

how did you get past the entering the address part??

it wont accept it in english and it wont accept thai

maybe i should just get the bank if they can to change the address in their system over to english

Slightly off topic but I think it has validity.

I was buying some Air Asia flights and the Bangkok Bank and Siam Bank cards would not work because of the CCV number. Going to their office was a pain in the arse and cost be about another Bt500 per flight.

I opened a Kaisikorn bank account and did the web card thing. Tried to buy a flight but got refused. Went to verify it with VISA but was refused.

I remembered the assistant putting in my address on her computer in Thai. Amazingly, I could change the full address to anything I wanted, thus deleting all the Thai fields and replaced them with a "Simple" but correct Thai address. I then used this to verify with visa, then succesfully purchased my flight.

I would suggest this route or go to your bank and ask them to change your address to an english language one you can remember.

As for the Bangkok Bang new CCV numbers, they are a waste of time as they are not real and would not work for me.

• 4 months later...

Hi there!

I need help for paypal in Thailand.

I read in this thread that bangkok bankbe1rst can work with paypal if lucky.

Unfortunately i read on bangkokbank website that work permit or certificate of residence are required for opening a simpe savings account. :o Is that true? can't we open a savings account with just a non immigrant visa?

I know that kasikorn just ask for the non immigrant visa (no need of work permit). But i wonder:

:D Can we use a Kasikorn Bank card with Paypal?

what kind of card? visa electron and/or web card from kasikorn are ok with paypal? :D

Would appreciate if someone could help on this.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

No problem with Kasikorn: I opened an account there (Ladprao, just in front of Carrefour) only for the purpose to have my Paypal account verified. They didn't even care of my O visa.

-open an account and ask for internet access. You have to give them an email

-wait 24h you will receive by email your login+pass

-connect to internet and activate your web card

-wait 24h before receiving an email telling you the card is available

-connect again to Kasikorn web site and get the 16 digits number + CVV + expiry date

-go to your Paypal account and just add the card

-wait 2 or 3 days then you'll receive another email from Kasikorn giving you the Paypal 4 digits magic number. It will be displayed as "Merchant Name: xxxxPAYPAL--*EXPUSE" where xxxx is that number.

-go back to paypal, give that number and that's it :o

Hello :o

I have some experience with this as well - Bangkok Bank savings account, "Be1st" Visa Electron card, PayPal "Premium" account.

No problem with the address since it is (as i am a farang!) written in western letters, and indeed the last three digits of that "extra 4-digit" number on the card worked too.

Trouble is to get the "expanded use" number...... as Bangkok Bank does NOT provide any statements for card usage! I have another Visa Electron card (from U.O.B.) but that's not accepted by PayPal, however there i GET monthly statements sent to my place.

In order to get that "expanded use" number i too had to call to Bualuang and speak to an operator who gave me that number after i verified my card number and PIN thru an automatic system. I have since also been informed that i can print statements online if i have "iBanking" for which i applied two weeks ago but still haven't gotten a reply from the bank.

However using PayPal works dine with that card, i made a number of payments and also received payments. It is NOT possible to generate PayPal balances via Thai bank accounts - ONLY AMERICAN ONES WORK, as was confirmed by PayPal upon my inquiry (any questions, send them an e-mail - they take barely an hour to reply!)

To get a Bangkok Bank account without work permit, go to a large branch of the bank - small branches stick to the procedures and require a work permit. I got mine (at that time only a 30day entry stamp, not even a Visa!) with nothing but 1,000 Baht to fund it and my passport. The Visa Electron card was given to me immediately after and it's valid 10 years.

With best regards.....

Thanh

• 1 year later...

You can now use any visa debit card which has a CVV number on the back.

I Just got the BFirst Visa debit card from the Bangkok bank and created a new PayPal account linked to my Thai bank. No problem. You have to call the Thai bank to get the Paypal verification number rather than go into a branch.

Now we can accept payments from anyone as well as Mastercard, visa, debit card, Amex you name it.

In fact Paypal is the best thing since skype. Put skype, paypal and google adwords together and you have the perfect platform to run an online business, selling to the UK/USA while living in Thailand.

Brilliant.. and about time too

You can now use any visa debit card which has a CVV number on the back.

I Just got the BFirst Visa debit card from the Bangkok bank and created a new PayPal account linked to my Thai bank. No problem. You have to call the Thai bank to get the Paypal verification number rather than go into a branch.

Now we can accept payments from anyone as well as Mastercard, visa, debit card, Amex you name it.

In fact Paypal is the best thing since skype. Put skype, paypal and google adwords together and you have the perfect platform to run an online business, selling to the UK/USA while living in Thailand.

Brilliant.. and about time too

do you do soap powder adverts too, as well as sliced bread?

• 4 months later...

I have an ebay account and a Paypal account, Last week I went and got a Bangkok Bank Be1st card.

When i got hame i added it to my paypal account, they took there 77.29bht from my account. but i still have not got my Online banking ID in the mail, so no 4 digit link code.

Yesturday I bought an item on ebay and paid with my B1st card. No problems!

Today I went to the bank and updated my bank book and sure enough the amount I put on my B1st card was withdrawn from my account.

So I guess I am saying you can use your B1st card to pay for items on ebay or Paypal.

I have an ebay account and a Paypal account, Last week I went and got a Bangkok Bank Be1st card.

When i got hame i added it to my paypal account, they took there 77.29bht from my account. but i still have not got my Online banking ID in the mail, so no 4 digit link code.

Today I went to the bank and updated my bank book and sure enough the amount I put on my B1st card was withdrawn from my account.

So I guess I am saying you can use your B1st card to pay for items on ebay or Paypal.

Euh actually to be able to verify your Be1st card you will need to enter the extended code. The Be1st card does not give you printed statements (apart from the transactions showing up in your bank book, but without any details) so you actually have to call Bkk Bank's Bualuang service (02 645 5555), get an operator on the line and request this code. They will ask you to enter your card number on your phone's keypad, followed by your pin code..

They will then be able to read you the extended code.

This you use to validate your card. Your sending/receiving limits will then be lifted.

Euh actually to be able to verify your Be1st card you will need to enter the extended code. The Be1st card does not give you printed statements (apart from the transactions showing up in your bank book, but without any details) so you actually have to call Bkk Bank's Bualuang service (02 645 5555), get an operator on the line and request this code. They will ask you to enter your card number on your phone's keypad, followed by your pin code..

This you use to validate your card. Your sending/receiving limits will then be lifted.

I got the code from them this afternoon, then this evening my Ibank password came and I could also see it on there.

I got the code from them this afternoon, then this evening my Ibank password came and I could also see it on there.

:)