Scammed in Chiang Mai by two Thai girls!

AnotherOneAmerican

I do not know about the other poster but I found a hell of a lot of better things to do on holiday than getting drunk.

Like.. what? blink.png

Shaggin'

They both go hand in hand, a young guy in Thailand taking in the culture and friendly natured locals a few drinks a quick BJ/shag what more did you want when you visited the mystic East.

Personally Wat's have always drawn me to Thailand, especially when I was in my 20'.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know about the other poster but I found a hell of a lot of better things to do on holiday than getting drunk.

Like.. what? blink.png

Shaggin'

They both go hand in hand, a young guy in Thailand taking in the culture and friendly natured locals a few drinks a quick BJ/shag what more did you want when you visited the mystic East.

Personally Wat's have always drawn me to Thailand, especially when I was in my 20'.

Moral of this story is a simple one: Don't get drunk! If you do and get so drunk that you ave no sense of reality and think that you are so wonderful that no girl would even turn you down... then you have a problem. Stuff like this happens everyday. The issue with the police suddenly being there to site him for drunk driving... well... welcome to Thailand and the local Plod that are all on the take.

Are you sure that these two girls were Thai?

According to the latest police report into the Siam Paragon bombing fiasco there seems to be an unscrupulous gang of foreigners dedicating themselves to learn Thai so well that they can commit crimes then have poor Thais blamed for them.

The depth that foreigners will go to to undermine Thai society astounds me cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

maybe they should shut down the Thai language schools, obviously only a front for criminality wai2.gifwai2.gif

Yeah, and the sign at Wat Pho saying, "BEWARE OF NON-THAI PICKPOCKETS"

Look it isn't rocket science, for those newbies that come to play up, go to a bar, if things go wrong you at least know where they work.

Those inexperienced that want to be stingy and crawl dumps like Spicy are asking for it. Likewise self proclaimed chick magnets trawling for freebies.

I think "let the buyer beware" and "there's a sucker born every minute" pretty much sums it up.

^ Yes, it makes no sense at all. Girls abandoning their own bike?? A bike costs a lot more than being dinged for DUI. And then, for this to be 'a scam perpetrated by', there would need to be money floating around that can make its way back to the girls. Yet he went to court and got processed and fined.. So nothing in it for the girls.

MAYBE I can imagine a similar scenario where the bike was stolen (and/or the girls in the country illegally) and they therefore took off, but even in that case it would still not qualify as a scam on the guy. It WOULD qualify as "dodgy girls found at Spicy" --> News at 11.

This is the best of the poor arguments. Most are just "harrumph!, doesn't add up", baloney! fishy! and maybe other flavors I missed.

People say it can't be true without saying why. Of course it might be a stolen bike or it might simply be returned to the girls (if they are girls). The bike isn't charged with anything.

Nothing in it for the girls? You mean except for the contents of the wallet? And is a police shakedown not a possibility in LOS?

The story may or may not be true but I don't see anything to show it didn't, or couldn't, happen.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Two posters, so far, with 20-20 hindsight. There will be many more, I'm sure.

Neither of them went on holiday and got drunk when they were young.

You go to a 2nd world country, pretend its Disneyland and your a rock star. Get drunk and do stupid things and we should feel sorry for him why? SOunds like another barstool warrior who think life has a replay button.

I'd be surprised if the male accomplice was really a copper as well.

They don't like to share the loot too much, or would have had the lion's share of 10K which wouldn't make it too profitable an exercise for the lasses.

Sad to see this old scam is doing the rounds again....

Seeing as he was breathalysed, arrested, charged, jailed, bailed, and appearing in court, I think it was a real policeman.

Not sure why the policeman didn't just ask for a bribe ....... seems odd.

Maybe because the guy had his wallet stolen and had no money on him perhaps?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow!

Surprised at all the negative responses and controversy,

I was just relaying, what I thought to be, an interesting story about a young British tourist's 'adventure' in Chiang Mai.

Lighten up guys!

Surprised by all the negative comments. You've been a member long enough to know that negative comments is all that a lot of posters exist for.

• 11 months later...

Life and people are really strange sometimes. If this would have happern in falang-land, we all should blamed it on naivity, and/or unexperienced youth, that are way to young to leave mamas street!!

But now it happens in Thailand and of course blame blame it on the country and the girls,,,,, BUT STILL: the guy was young I suppose, and probably VERY unexperienced... And maybe should have learned about life before travelling just like learing how to ride a horse before mounting it..

Glegolo

The amazing police didn't see the two girls running off ....... with the guys wallet (about 10k and all ID inside

They were riding on a motorbike and one of them had his wallet. Doesn't make sense. Too many holes in this story,

Now,
No alcohol at all.
Plenty of getting laid.

Right, probably with the same bird, over and over and over again....

I can see this as a real deal. Particularly, which no one has mentioned, if the judge is crooked too.

The girl in the back picks his pocket. The bike belongs to one of the girls. The cop gets the guy for DUI and the guy has no ID since it's just been lifted by the girl. The bike belongs to the girl in front, and now it appears that the farang "stole" it.

This all seems plausible, even without the judge being involved.

Let's put it this way: I could make it work.

By the way, I don't know what this means, but Mr. Winnie has some divine intervention going on....

post-165256-0-41100700-1453646366_thumb.

Edited by Trujillo

Life and people are really strange sometimes. If this would have happern in falang-land, we all should blamed it on naivity, and/or unexperienced youth, that are way to young to leave mamas street!!

But now it happens in Thailand and of course blame blame it on the country and the girls,,,,, BUT STILL: the guy was young I suppose, and probably VERY unexperienced... And maybe should have learned about life before travelling just like learing how to ride a horse before mounting it..

Glegolo

You have dredged up an almost 1 year old thread. Having a slow day?

The only interesting news is, what happend with the motorcycle? Did it have a valid license plate? Was it stolen? Did the owner reclaim it? Is it in storage at the police station or was it left at the side of the road?

A drunk tourist robbed of his wallet is non news in every part of the world.

This guy needs to be sent to prison for being so dumb!!!! I want name and shame!!!! I hope he got fine of 100 million baht!!!!

i'm kidding......let's not kid ourselves, most of us have ALMOST been scammed. I was about 3-4 times....but my gut feeling said it was a scam and i wasn't drunk...which is a huge plus for me.

everyone knows Thailand can get sketchy....if you don't want sketch, don't come here....

but i do enjoy reading of others getting the beat down!!!! haha....it's not like he was killed. and he did drive drunk..in USA, big money fine...like $15,000 USD indirectly and direct result.

10,000 baht in your wallet??? that is something i wouldn't do for a night on the town of CM.

Met a young English lad, earlier this week, first time in Thailand and very sad.

He went out one evening with a wallet full of cash, got a bit drunk, was given a lift home by two nice girls, him as the sandwich filling on their m/c.

So the girl driving, stops at a road junction and they both run off, leaving him sitting on the running m/c.

Policeman 'just happens' to be nearby, arrests him for drunk driving.

The amazing police didn't see the two girls running off ....... with the guys wallet (about 10k and all ID inside).

He was in court yesterday, don't know the outcome.

Wonder what happened to the girls m/c?

It's a new one on me.

(usually this 'Spicey scam' is one girl offering a BJ in a dark alley, the other still on the m/c, and when you're pants are down they drive off with your phone and wallet)

so they run off suddenly, how did they get his wallet while he was sitting in a car? he was a bit drunk but didn't go after them? there is a lot missing in this story

Now,

No alcohol at all.

Plenty of getting laid.

Right, probably with the same bird, over and over and over again....

I can see this as a real deal. Particularly, which no one has mentioned, if the judge is crooked too.

The girl in the back picks his pocket. The bike belongs to one of the girls. The cop gets the guy for DUI and the guy has no ID since it's just been lifted by the girl. The bike belongs to the girl in front, and now it appears that the farang "stole" it.

This all seems plausible, even without the judge being involved.

Let's put it this way: I could make it work.

By the way, I don't know what this means, but Mr. Winnie has some divine intervention going on....

attachicon.gifwinnie god.png

you try to pick someonse pocket while he is sitting, can't be done

"No officer, it wasnt me who was driver this bike , there were two Thai girls driving it . They ve run off now , My I.D ? The girls took it . Pay a fine for DIUI ? I cannot because they took all my money as well "

"So now Im stuck here sitting on this bike , drunk, with no ID and no money"

"You gotta believe me officer?