Scammed in Chiang Mai by two Thai girls!

AnotherOneAmerican

Met a young English lad, earlier this week, first time in Thailand and very sad.

He went out one evening with a wallet full of cash, got a bit drunk, was given a lift home by two nice girls, him as the sandwich filling on their m/c.

So the girl driving, stops at a road junction and they both run off, leaving him sitting on the running m/c.

Policeman 'just happens' to be nearby, arrests him for drunk driving.

The amazing police didn't see the two girls running off ....... with the guys wallet (about 10k and all ID inside).

He was in court yesterday, don't know the outcome.

Wonder what happened to the girls m/c?

It's a new one on me.

(usually this 'Spicey scam' is one girl offering a BJ in a dark alley, the other still on the m/c, and when you're pants are down they drive off with your phone and wallet)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that these two girls were Thai?

According to the latest police report into the Siam Paragon bombing fiasco there seems to be an unscrupulous gang of foreigners dedicating themselves to learn Thai so well that they can commit crimes then have poor Thais blamed for them.

The depth that foreigners will go to to undermine Thai society astounds me cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

maybe they should shut down the Thai language schools, obviously only a front for criminality wai2.gifwai2.gif

I'd be surprised if the male accomplice was really a copper as well.

They don't like to share the loot too much, or would have had the lion's share of 10K which wouldn't make it too profitable an exercise for the lasses.

Sad to see this old scam is doing the rounds again....

I'd be surprised if the male accomplice was really a copper as well.

They don't like to share the loot too much, or would have had the lion's share of 10K which wouldn't make it too profitable an exercise for the lasses.

Sad to see this old scam is doing the rounds again....

Seeing as he was breathalysed, arrested, charged, jailed, bailed, and appearing in court, I think it was a real policeman.

Not sure why the policeman didn't just ask for a bribe ....... seems odd.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

^ Yes, it makes no sense at all. Girls abandoning their own bike?? A bike costs a lot more than being dinged for DUI. And then, for this to be 'a scam perpetrated by', there would need to be money floating around that can make its way back to the girls. Yet he went to court and got processed and fined.. So nothing in it for the girls.

MAYBE I can imagine a similar scenario where the bike was stolen (and/or the girls in the country illegally) and they therefore took off, but even in that case it would still not qualify as a scam on the guy. It WOULD qualify as "dodgy girls found at Spicy" --> News at 11.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Two posters, so far, with 20-20 hindsight. There will be many more, I'm sure.

Neither of them went on holiday and got drunk when they were young.

I do not know about the other poster but I found a hell of a lot of better things to do on holiday than getting drunk.

I do not know about the other poster but I found a hell of a lot of better things to do on holiday than getting drunk.

When I was young, in the evening, getting drunk was my number one aim, that and getting laid (if I hadn't passed out from the excess alcohol first).

When I was young, in the evening, getting drunk was my number one aim, that and getting laid (if I hadn't passed out from the excess alcohol first).

Has anything changed with the passing of time?

Drunks come up with endless stories about how they got screwed and don't learn that they are screwing themselves.

And it's interesting how eagerly some people will believe that these stories must be true ... because drunken farang never lie or embellish and all Thais are experts at scamming.

In any event, if someone acts like an idiot and is taken advantage of, it may not rise to the level of "scam" A scam implies that someone has been outwitted and in this case, if the story is even remotely true, the scammed individual sounds pretty witless.

Edited by Suradit69

Well when i first arrived with bloated ego and all from being so "Hansum" i fell

for the spicy scam.....lost my crappy flip phone..wondered why the dude walked

all the way from the other end of the alley as i was "occupied"..yep..the handoff

I did catch on and had a high speed chase with the gal as she ran into 7-11 to spend my 100 baht

where i then took all of her sh1t from her bike basket and trashed it later....ahh the sald days

I now tether my phone to my pants---also cable clip my keys.....as far as the mbike--it could be

mine..they got that too years ago......at least ive learned from my lessons....amazing thailand! wai2.gif

^ Yes, it makes no sense at all. Girls abandoning their own bike?? A bike costs a lot more than being dinged for DUI. And then, for this to be 'a scam perpetrated by', there would need to be money floating around that can make its way back to the girls. Yet he went to court and got processed and fined.. So nothing in it for the girls.

MAYBE I can imagine a similar scenario where the bike was stolen (and/or the girls in the country illegally) and they therefore took off, but even in that case it would still not qualify as a scam on the guy. It WOULD qualify as "dodgy girls found at Spicy" --> News at 11.

My thoughts exactly.

This story doesn`t make sense and therefore I am calling it nonsense.

Well some times the good times are better with a little drinking!

Jeez, I didn't think the OP would bring out the preacher crowd.

A young lad on holiday might just have a few drinks after a day climbing 2500 steps to the temples!

Edited by jacko45k