Another fishy tapioca stocks surfaces

webfact

Another fishy tapioca stocks surfaces

17-2-2558-15-50-17-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Another fishy deal surfaced when almost half of to 11,000 tons of tapioca flour stocks went missing from a private warehouse in Chonburi while parts of the remaining stocks also turned out to be adulterated white powder.

Total damage to this government stocks purchased by the government under the market intervention scheme during the Yingluck government in 2013 was estimated to 240 million baht.

The finding of the missing stocks came after officials from then department if Special Investigation (DSI) and the Office of the Public Sector Anti Corruption Commission (PACC) checked tapioca flour stocks stored at warehouses of Quality Pellet Co Ltd in Panas Nikhom district of Chonburi yesterday.

The company is owned by Mr Nuttawut Kittikun. The warehouses were rented to Mr Pichai Pattanapongchai to store the tapioca flour of the Public Warehouse Organisation which bought from farmers under its price intervention scheme to shore up market prices.

After thorough checks of all warehouses, officials found 4,700 tons went missing, while the remaining 5,400 tons or equal to 8,985 bags also were adulterated.

Of the remaining stocks, over half or 3,523 bags were proved to be just white powder and not tapioca flour after test with iodine chemical.
Damage on this part was estimated at 130 million baht.

Warrant has been issued for the arrest of Mr Pichai who was earlier wanted by the police to have implication with another tapioca stocks detected by DSI in Ban Bung district. In this fishy deal that caused damage estimated at 130 million baht, DSI found scaffolders under piles of tapioca bags.

Pichai was wanted by police and the public warehouse officer was suspended from government service on embezzlement conspiracy. He was facing court trail.

But Pichai is still at large.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/another-fishy-tapioca-stocks-surfaces

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-17

"Pichai is still at large". He surely cannot be that difficult to trace?

Where is the bigger picture? Investigative journalism, it sucks ?

Who was initially responsible for inspecting this stock when it was first warehoused? Who was responsible for safeguarding it? How often was it inspected afte r storage and by whom?

And finally as a requiem to "The Scaffolders":- RIP violin.gif

• Like 1

This can be added to the 13,000 tons that were found to be missing from a completely empty warehouse, which it would appear is owned by the same company.

Corruption is not only confined to the rice pledging scheme.

I wonder what they will find when they start inspecting the tons of rubber that were also bought ?

This can be added to the 13,000 tons that were found to be missing from a completely empty warehouse, which it would appear is owned by the same company.

I wonder what they will find when they start inspecting the tons of rubber that were also bought ?

The ultimate in scapegoating - a completely empty warehouse but still 13,000 tons are reported missing - It's Yingluck I tell you! She hid it all in suitcases and smuggled it abroad on her private jet, in what will forever be known as the Great Tapioca Pudding Mystery. coffee1.gif

N.B despite rumours to the contrary, no scaffolders were injured during the making of this conspiracy.

Edited by TheDiva
  • Like 1

Just checked and I was wrong it seems this is not the same company that was involved with the missing 13,000 tons :

http://tapioca.dft.go.th/article.aspx?id=403

The ultimate in scapegoating - a completely empty warehouse but still 13,000 tons are reported missing - It's Yingluck I tell you! She hid it all in suitcases and smuggled it abroad on her private jet, in what will forever be known as the Great Tapioca Pudding Mystery. coffee1.gif

N.B despite rumours to the contrary, no scaffolders were injured during the making of this conspiracy.

Troll warning, please do not feed.

• Like 1

Troll warning, please do not feed.

35ce820e0398b537617052949d1e6238.jpg

"Of the remaining stocks, over half or 3,523 bags were proved to be just white powder and not tapioca flour"

Just what is this white powder?

It must be powered something!

3,523 bags of it might be worth something!

How much does each bag weigh?

Some white powders are very expensive!

post-147745-0-33032400-1424176501_thumb.

Don't forget Posters they were democratically elected cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif it's all politically motivatedcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif She did no wrong, she couldn't have known as she was out of the country most of her Premiership on trips and opening OTOP shops.

Blame the General you lot as they were not democratically elected cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I will stat by saying that I am not involved in Thai politics. ( and wonder if you should be )

Not my country,

Not my government,

Not my business!

But just reading the statement you just made really amuses me!

In a nut shell you said,

She was not aware of what was happening on her watch, so she is not responsible for what happened!

I am not sure if this is really the case, but it is your statement.

If it is your watch, you are responsible...to watch!

How wrong can you be?wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Don't forget Posters they were democratically elected cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif it's all politically motivatedcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif She did no wrong, she couldn't have known as she was out of the country most of her Premiership on trips and opening OTOP shops.

Blame the General you lot as they were not democratically elected cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I will stat by saying that I am not involved in Thai politics. ( and wonder if you should be )

Not my country,

Not my government,

Not my business!

But just reading the statement you just made really amuses me!

In a nut shell you said,

She was not aware of what was happening on her watch, so she is not responsible for what happened!

I am not sure if this is really the case, but it is your statement.

If it is your watch, you are responsible...to watch!

How wrong can you be?wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

This is TVF for English speaking views, topics to comment on. What is the problem with that ??

You misunderstood the sarcasm of "What I said" (she was not aware) Please feel how the post is written, then you may be more aware. the smilies will tell you what planet your on.

Are the police (DSI and PACC, etc) going after the right guy and are they pursuing more enquiries?

I wonder what else is being done. There just seems to be a lack of outrage in the media article.

I too am intrigued by the "just white powder" and wish we knew what that is. Talcum powder in that quantity would be worth something.