Making Firefox much faster

Mcffee

Today I came accross this simple trick to make Firefox much faster by adjusting the way it loads webpages. (see image below)

• In the address bar click: about:config
  • This opens the configuration page. Agree with 'being careful'
  • In the text field at the top type 'pipelining' and you get a series of strings
  • Doubleclick the upper string, this changes the value from 'false' to 'true'
  • Doubleclick the 2 bottom strings to change the value into 'true'
  • Finally doublecick string #5 (ends with 'maxrequests') 'and change the value into '8'

Leave page, that's it.

iNaMknfrTj4rO.png

• Like 1

Yes that is a warning for noobs and drunks, just click agree nothing can go wrong.

Firefox configuration offers various interesting settings, enabling pipelining to make it faster is just one. Via the string 'browser.newtab.url' you can chose the webpage you like to get when clicking '+' to open a new tab eg. www.bing.com

Regards

Yes that is a warning for noobs and drunks, just click agree nothing can go wrong.

Firefox configuration offers various interesting settings, enabling pipelining to make it faster is just one. Via the string 'browser.newtab.url' you can chose the webpage you like to get when clicking '+' to open a new tab eg. www.bing.com

Regards

I am a big fan of Firefox, and I did what you said in the first message : much faster, yes, and no danger ... You have more settings about Firefox ?

Regards

I am a big fan of Firefox, and I did what you said in the first message : much faster, yes, and no danger ... You have more settings about Firefox ?

Ultimate Collection of Best “about:config” Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox

http://www.askvg.com/ultimate-collection-of-best-aboutconfig-tweaks-for-mozilla-firefox-4-0/

Edited by Mcffee

I would also be very wary if my warranty on Firefox might be void. coffee1.gif

That warning is there to make you aware that making changes to Firefox outside of the normal menus via Tools | Options can have a detrimental effect on your computer.

Firefox itself doesn't come with a warranty.

Here's a list of entries which can be safely changed via about:config: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries