Father: Was it wrong to attack the dog? What about it biting my son?

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: –Din Daeng police have charged a father of six-year-old son for assault and mistreatment of a stray dog, known in the Din Daeng community as Boon Rod.

If found guilty under the new law against animal cruelty, PichitPinkaew, 35, may face the jail term of up to 2 years and a fine of no more than 40,000 baht.

Following a tip-off from community residents, Roger Lohanan, president of Thai Animal Guardians Association (Thai AGA), filed a police complaint about alleged animal cruelty.

Roger told police that Boon Rod sustained serious injuries, including cracked skull and right eye popped out of socket.

The dog received multiple hits by a pipe, he said. It was thrown down garbage chute of Din Daeng Flat 50.

Community residents rescued the dog, collected about 2,200 baht for initial medical expense and alerted Thai AGA.

After hearing about the complaint, Pichit reported himself to police.

In his statement, he said he did hit the dog with the pipe.

He said he spent the evening relaxing at his apartment when his son ran back crying after the dog bit him causing bruise in the leg.

He said the dog attacked his son unprovoked.

“As a father, I could not stand doing nothing as my son was hurt and crying. I admit I lost control and hit the dog,” he said.

He said he knew a number of residents gave food to the dog as an act of compassion. But no one would step forward to take responsibility for his son’s injuries, he added.

Sorry but if you get bite by a dog you do not get left with a bruise. You get teeth marks and very likely some blood will be spilt.

So maybe this mans 6 yr old son wasn't telling the truth.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
slur against Thais removed
  • Like 2

Sorry but if you get bite by a dog you do not get left with a bruise. You get teeth marks and very likely some blood will be spilt.

<snip>

Correct.. dogs bit dont result in bruises but in teeth marks. People should investigate this to be sure. If the dog has not bitten.. then its a clear case. If the dog did bit.. i feel what he did was overkill but its far more understandable.

• Like 2

Theres a couple of stray dogs living in the bush next to my moo baan. Been there for years and never had babies. Never a problem. Then some people thought they had to be fed and brought them food everyday. So kind. Then the dogs realised they had a reliable supply of food they had puppies. End result? The group doubled in size and became a problem that had to be solved......

• Like 2

<snip>

Who said the dog had teeth?

I would wonder why a child would lie about such an incident.

The father had enough 'mental age' to protect his son from a very likely future attack by the dog.

• Like 1

<snip>

Correct.. dogs bit dont result in bruises but in teeth marks. People should investigate this to be sure. If the dog has not bitten.. then its a clear case. If the dog did bit.. i feel what he did was overkill but its far more understandable.

What a load of tripe.

Try a picture search on Google with the words 'dog bite bruises' and then tell me that dog bites don't result in bruises.

Yet again you have excelled yourself in jumping the gun and pretending to know it all.

When there are bruises there are teeth marks too.. might not have penetrated the skin but its distinct. Most times that there is just a bruise its because clothes protected the person. Also when its just a bruise its often a light bite. You can be sure that it is recognized as a bite with some marks. To satisfy my curiosity i googled a few.. and there are always some teeth marks. So its quite distinct. Just a normal bruise does not prove a thing. I have looked at pictures and you can see the difference. Most of them have small teeth marks too.

But big bruises often means protective clothing was worn and the bite was harder. Love to see the bruise because its not that likely.

<snip>

Who said the dog had teeth?

I would wonder why a child would lie about such an incident.

The father had enough 'mental age' to protect his son from a very likely future attack by the dog.

I have no idea why the child would lie, but I do know children do lie.

I used to have a King Charles Cavalier, it was as friendly as could be. One day a kid of about 6 or 7 came up to me and said mister your dog just bite me, which it had not. Maybe he got scared the dog ran towards him wagging his tail, so he lied.

Now as an expert on dogs can you tell me what sort of bruise a dog with no teeth would leave on a persons leg ?

I have also looked at some pictures of dog bites, every single picture shows puncture wounds. As for the childs clothing saving him from bite marks. Do 6 yr olds run around in boiler suites in Thailand.

<snip>

What a load of tripe.

Try a picture search on Google with the words 'dog bite bruises' and then tell me that dog bites don't result in bruises.

Yet again you have excelled yourself in jumping the gun and pretending to know it all.

I have a dogs I have seen them bite. Yes it leaves bruises but only when bitten hard and teeth have also penetrated the flesh. I don't know it all and neither do you. But I do have some experience.

Like I said, try the search on Google, there are plenty of dog bite bruises on there where the skin has not been penetrated.

What if the victim is wearing clothing on the area of the bite?

Just because you have some experience it does not make you the expert that you think you are, in fact very far from it.

Incidentally, I have had dogs in the past but I have not seen them bite, as they were all well looked after and well trained.

• Like 1

<snip>

I was bitten by a dog and had a big bruise. Quite often if bitten through clothing a bruise is the result.

<snip>

What a load of tripe.

When there are bruises there are teeth marks too.. might not have penetrated the skin but its distinct. Most times that there is just a bruise its because clothes protected the person. Also when its just a bruise its often a light bite. You can be sure that it is recognized as a bite with some marks. To satisfy my curiosity i googled a few.. and there are always some teeth marks. So its quite distinct. Just a normal bruise does not prove a thing. I have looked at pictures and you can see the difference. Most of them have small teeth marks too.

But big bruises often means protective clothing was worn and the bite was harder. Love to see the bruise because its not that likely.

To save you the trouble, here are a few pictures of dog bite bruises pulled off Google Images.

Not one of them has teeth marks and none of these are light bites.

Now, please go back to the original story and show me where the father said that there are no bite marks around the bruises.

post-87166-0-05831600-1424225650_thumb.j

post-87166-0-55560400-1424225655_thumb.j

post-87166-0-06825400-1424225661_thumb.j

• Like 2

I have a dogs I have seen them bite. Yes it leaves bruises but only when bitten hard and teeth have also penetrated the flesh. I don't know it all and neither do you. But I do have some experience.

Like I said, try the search on Google, there are plenty of dog bite bruises on there where the skin has not been penetrated.

Just because you have some experience it does not make you the expert that you think you are, in fact very far from it.

Incidentally, I have had dogs in the past but I have not seen them bite, as they were all well looked after and well trained.

I googled.. seen them its quite distinct but there are mostly some tooth marks there too. What I am saying is that the father could be lying. Could make the whole thing up to justify the story. But its quite simple to check, if the bruise is not consistent with a dogs bite (as i said in most of those bruise pics there are some teeth visible) then I accept his story and its just overkill. However there are plenty of people here who just love to hurt dogs and make up stories then. Or who just go out to confront them.

To put your mind at ease the only one the dog ever bit was me, 3 times in all and all by accident. Once when I tried to pull 2 fighting dogs apart. Once when we were playing and the dog made an error calculating and nipped me. And once when it was sick and hurt and I was a bit too rough with it. All those times the bites were more like a pinch and even so the skin broke. I can only imagine what would happen if the intent was really to bite.

You are also not an expert and you comment here.. any reasons why i have less rights then you ?

To save you the trouble, here are a few pictures of dog bite bruises pulled off Google Images.

Now, please go back to the original story and show me where the father said that there are no bite marks around the bruises.

strange when i open the pictures in google i see just a few like those with no marks but most with marks. Though the first one you show is quite common and easy to identify as a dogs bite.

Wait a minute here. This post has brought up some questions about this new law

If a unknown person breaks into my house I a legally allowed to protect myself ? Yes

But if I am walking down the street and a stray dog menaces me, under this new law I am not allowed to use force to protect myself ?

I have to wait until I am bit, draw blood, and then I can do something and then may end up being charged with cruelty ?

• Like 1

I googled.. seen them its quite distinct but there are mostly some tooth marks there too. What I am saying is that the father could be lying. Could make the whole thing up to justify the story. But its quite simple to check, if the bruise is not consistent with a dogs bite (as i said in most of those bruise pics there are some teeth visible) then I accept his story and its just overkill. However there are plenty of people here who just love to hurt dogs and make up stories then. Or who just go out to confront them.

To put your mind at ease the only one the dog ever bit was me, 3 times in all and all by accident. Once when I tried to pull 2 fighting dogs apart. Once when we were playing and the dog made an error calculating and nipped me. And once when it was sick and hurt and I was a bit too rough with it. All those times the bites were more like a pinch and even so the skin broke. I can only imagine what would happen if the intent was really to bite.

You are also not an expert and you comment here.. any reasons why i have less rights then you ?

You don't have any less rights to post than me, just the same as I have the right to point out that you are spouting tripe without carrying out any research into the matter.

• Like 2

strange when i open the pictures in google i see just a few like those with no marks but most with marks. Though the first one you show is quite common and easy to identify as a dogs bite.

Ans again, please go back to the original story and show me where the father said that there are no bite marks around the bruises.

Wait a minute here. This post has brought up some questions about this new law

If a unknown person breaks into my house I a legally allowed to protect myself ? Yes

But if I am walking down the street and a stray dog menaces me, under this new law I am not allowed to use force to protect myself ?

I have to wait until I am bit, draw blood, and then I can do something and then may end up being charged with cruelty ?

Mostly acting like you pick up a stone helps.. there is no need to bash a dog till it dies. I think the same thing applies as does to humans, reasonable force. So if you use a baseball bat on a chiwawa (sorry for the correct spelling) You might not get away with it. (extreme example)

Giving a dog a kick to get rid of it (if it attacked) is different from going after it with a baseball bat even when its running away and cornering it bashing some more and leaving it for dead.

But lot of grey area in the law of course.

• Like 1

Ans again, please go back to the original story and show me where the father said that there are no bite marks around the bruises.

Again please where someone does not make up something to justify his behavior. The story could be true but needs to be checked out as most bites do leave distinct marks. Just because he said something does not mean its the truth. Remember the Thai taxi driver and the suitcases (if you did not read it Chinese tourist said he stole suitcases taxi driver said he dropped them off but they were found in his trunk)

So you are taking the word for the truth.. I am saying that that is not necessary this way and should be checked out because people say a lot of things to justify bad behavior.

Again please where someone does not make up something to justify his behavior. The story could be true but needs to be checked out as most bites do leave distinct marks. Just because he said something does not mean its the truth. Remember the Thai taxi driver and the suitcases (if you did not read it Chinese tourist said he stole suitcases taxi driver said he dropped them off but they were found in his trunk)

So you are taking the word for the truth.. I am saying that that is not necessary this way and should be checked out because people say a lot of things to justify bad behavior.

No I am not taking the father's word as truth, please show me where I said that instead of making crap up.

You said "dogs bit dont result in bruises but in teeth marks" and I corrected you.

The problem with always believing that you are right is that you are unable to accept facts when they are presented to you.

How many times do you have to be proved wrong on Thai Visa before you admit to being wrong instead of back tracking and changing what people said?

• Like 1

No I am not taking the father's word as truth, please show me where I said that instead of making crap up.

You said "dogs bit dont result in bruises but in teeth marks" and I corrected you.

The problem with always believing that you are right is that you are unable to accept facts when they are presented to you.

How many times do you have to be proved wrong on Thai Visa before you admit to being wrong instead of back tracking and changing what people said?

Mate I have looked at the pics ad MOST show bite marks. Then I will admit to you that some don't.

Strange, when I looked at the pictures as shown earlier this one comes up as a mosquito bite.

attachicon.gifbite.jpg

If you look at your own pic there (its the same as I get when i google) you see many marks there that could be caused by teeth. Not on all but on many of them. Also do remember some small puncture marks heal faster as a bruise.

But I admit not ALL bruises have teeth marks.