Lazada CM?

AJ Alex

My neighbor buys sports items every week from Lazada and has had a good experience. I still am locked into old style internet shopping. I send items to my California PO Box and then lug them to Chiang Mai via Thai Airways twice a year. This is getting old. I have two medicine balls in California waiting their turn to go into a suitcase. Ditto cross cable machine accessories. Very heavy items. I'll buy one thing from Lazada and try them out.

Best,

Suzanne

I have used Lazada 4 times now, mostly for big ticket items. No problems. Delivery can range from a couple of days to a week depending on the vendor that is doing the fulfillment. I always use pay on delivery. They email you with shipping updates as the package progresses. Overall, very happy with them.

David

Used them twice bot good experiences.. Its multiple vendors tho so I expect some variation..

Also check the warranties, I asked and for similar items one was 30 days one was 1 year.. None of that was clear on the site and needed to be answered by emails.

I went through the Lazada sports equipment section with amazement. I will buy the 5k medicine ball to test their service. I have a lot of the things that I've dragged to Chiang Mai in my suitcases over the last 5 years that I can recommend for those who do not go back and forth 2x year: Manduka mats and blocks, TRX system, Kuri machete (for snakes), yoga strap, a Boruit head lamp for walking around the moo baan with light weights in both hands, a swiss ball, free weights and gloves. The whey protein needs to be checked out... if the manufacturers add sugar, it's no. That head lamp is something to think hard about. No, you cannot walk around the moo baan with the head lamp on and the machete in one hand. You will frighten the Thai neighbors. And, yes, dawn and dusk is when the snakes (if any) come out. I had a close encounter with a banded krait but there is no way that i am brave enough to dispatch the krait with a machete. Why do I want a machete? The Green Snake. I like my geckos and I do not risk my life attacking a Green Snake.

Best,

Suzanne PS I looked at every page

Which items looked good? I ask because I checked prices on some things (watches) and they were quite expensive compared to online sellers in the US (which will also ship to Thailand. Sites like jomashop.com or even Amazon.

Maybe marginally better than typical retail. But that's mostly because retail for just about anything imported is quite insane in Thailand to begin with.

• Like 1

Interesting thread for me.

Two day ago I ordered a Charger for my camera 's Battery. Lazada have sent me 6 mails accepting order, saying order is being processed and order is on it's way plus Newsletters.

Positive attitude for an item of only B600.

john

Edited by jonwilly

Which items looked good? I ask because I checked prices on some things (watches) and they were quite expensive compared to online sellers in the US (which will also ship to Thailand. Sites like jomashop.com or even Amazon.

Maybe marginally better than typical retail. But that's mostly because retail for just about anything imported is quite insane in Thailand to begin with.

How do you get on with Import Duty when buying from Amazon and other overseas sites?

• Like 1

How do you get on with Import Duty when buying from Amazon and other overseas sites?

Mixed bag; If you avoid FedEx and other corrupt carriers that love government custom departments more than their customers, it's usually okay.

How is this in Lazada? Does everything always ship from within Thailand?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Comparing an in Thailand price with an outside Thailand with shipping, import, and sales taxes isnt really fair..

I once had a 3k thb item attract about 8k in taxes... Total joke dealing with customs.. Another time they flat out lied, said there was no value docs and had to estimate (which they made 300% more than it actually cost and took a week of arguing about) all along I am telling them for sure the value will be on an invoice stuck to the box, which they denied.. Finally pay them and the box arrives with the invoice and shipping docs properly fixed on the package.. They just dont care on the actual rules its simply screw as much as we can while we hold the item to ransom.

I buy way too much stuff from overseas.. Its so much hassle.

I went through the Lazada sports equipment section with amazement. I will buy the 5k medicine ball to test their service. I have a lot of the things that I've dragged to Chiang Mai in my suitcases over the last 5 years that I can recommend for those who do not go back and forth 2x year: Manduka mats and blocks, TRX system, Kuri machete (for snakes), yoga strap, a Boruit head lamp for walking around the moo baan with light weights in both hands, a swiss ball, free weights and gloves. The whey protein needs to be checked out... if the manufacturers add sugar, it's no. That head lamp is something to think hard about. No, you cannot walk around the moo baan with the head lamp on and the machete in one hand. You will frighten the Thai neighbors. And, yes, dawn and dusk is when the snakes (if any) come out. I had a close encounter with a banded krait but there is no way that i am brave enough to dispatch the krait with a machete. Why do I want a machete? The Green Snake. I like my geckos and I do not risk my life attacking a Green Snake.

Best,

Suzanne PS I looked at every page

They're not very long, wouldn't you still be risking things getting that close?

I'm a little ignorant of dealing with snakes and don't particularly want to get close.

As for Lazada, I've ordered a few things, no problems yet

Excellent.

Bought one item over 13,000 Baht, another just 300 Baht.

Same easy on line payment each time, same email it's 'on the way now' confirmations, plus courier delivery in 3-4 days.

Will use again.

Edited by onthedarkside

• 3 weeks later...

I can now answer this in more detail.

* It's best if sellers ship as regular registered airmail with tracking number. The Thailand Post site has an app to track your shipment and this works very well.

* None of these shipments have ever had customs charges added to it. This may also be due to the seller's willingness to not put the full value on the thing.

* So that works especially well for sellers from Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore) and Eastern Europe (Ukraine, Russia). I even had a shipment that was quite bulky with some NOS ex-military gadget from Ukraine that made it through without any charge at all. (A 5000 Baht value IIRC)

* Sellers in the US and Japan tend to want to put the full sale price on the ticket. They're also more likely to want to use courier services. Both of these make it likely that you end up with a customs charge in Thailand.

Then as for the actual customs charge, I recently purchased a 12,000 Baht item from Japan. And I had to buy from Japan as it was a Japanese-market only item. (Had it been available from SIngapore then that would have been better, maybe also due to it being ASEAN, or maybe because there's no way they would have marked it a 12K baht value. ;) )

It shipped EMS and showed up within two days on the Thailand Post tracking site. Unlike all my previous shipments this one went to Customs. This took less than a day based on the tracking statuses. When it arrived it came with a notice that duty was due. I had to pay 1502 Baht duty, which I thought was quite reasonable.

So the 12K item ended up costing 13,500 Baht. It's not readily available in Thailand, but one site online had it as a special order for 17,700 Baht. So well worth just ordering online and sucking up a very reasonable customs fee, to save 4000 Baht.

Our second order arrived today as they had advised by email.Same driver ,no problems. Very impressed with the whole set up.

You will of course,once buying, get a lot of promotional emails,ok by us just need to resist the temptation as some of the "specials" are special.

Just looked at a WD elements external hard dive and price etc looked good but noticed no warranty

Not sure what that would mean if not working on arrival

They have a guaranteed refund if returned within 7 days, they pick up free of charge, you just call them.

Just looked at a WD elements external hard dive and price etc looked good but noticed no warranty

Not sure what that would mean if not working on arrival

WD warranty their hard drives direct, 2-5 years depending on hard drive, warranty date is printed on the hard drive itself.

I returned one to BK (return filled out online), they ship it to Singapore, Singapore replace it direct to your home.

Less than 10 days.

WD warranty is not something to worry about, top class service.