Kasikorn Bank New Web Site

I have just logged on to Kasikorn Bank and have noticed that they have changed the web page. Is the change genuine or is it some scam? You never know these days whistling.gif

If it is genuine, then why has the bank not informed its customers about the change via email or SMS? To logical for Thailand facepalm.gif

I've had a bad experience with Kasikorn unfortunately. I arranged travel through Expedia and my payment was declined yet the money was taken out of my account. A call to Expedia sasy this is normal and the funds will return in two days. Kasikorn says no, fill out a report and an investigation will insue taking at least 50 business days. It's been about 3 weeks and I'm without of these funds.

Moral of the story, beware of using the Kasikorn outside of Thailand. My experience, your mileage may vary.

I have been using the service of KBank cyber banking for almost 6 years,

I found it the best one really, bill pyaments, rent, utilities. transer etc..

Regarding the change of the webiste, I noticed it since this morning, as the last login was just couple of days ago,

the one time passwrd (OTP) by SMS for each transaction is the greatest and safest part with Kbank cyber banking.

• Like 1

I like the new style of the webpage, and what I like most that you only have to confirm the Trojan/spyware warning on your first login, where previously you had to scroll down and confirm each time you logged in.

Hadn't realised that.

Have just logged in again and it is great that you longer have to deal with the spyware warning.

Another week and I will have got used to the new design/layout.

Kasikorn has the most inept customer service ever!

My online account has been locked and it took three F* hours and 10 representatives all saying something different on the phone. Now i still have to go to the branch to have it sorted out.

How difficult is it to have a. the account unlocked and b. reset the password. The website clearly states what to do in such case but the customer service has no clue.

Edited by bkknow

Not a bad site but requires more security. Most banks in the UK ask for digits from your security code. Kaiskorn is good that it sends SMS code when dealing with large amounts of cash. I think its the best bank in Thailand for farlang.

I found Kbank new landing page better without the ridiculous phishing scam warning (that was there for years!) one needed to scroll past to log on before.

I only have a NatWest online bank account in UK, and despite having a cumbersome (safer?) login it seems to offer very little in the way of useful service unlike KBank.

Kasikorn has the most inept customer service ever!

My online account has been locked and it took three F* hours and 10 representatives all saying something different on the phone. Now i still have to go to the branch to have it sorted out.

How difficult is it to have a. the account unlocked and b. reset the password. The website clearly states what to do in such case but the customer service has no clue.

I completely agree. I think it must be a cultural/saving face thing or something. Whatever it is, it certainly isn't working.

Its only the login page that has changed, the rest is the same as before.

I can't see what the problem is - you just put your username and password in the very large box provided and login to the rest of the website which as far can see, is exactly the same as before. I just made a fund transfer online and nothing had changed.

I have been using K Bank for 20 years and never had any problems with them. This includes numerous online fund transfers and bill paying, and hundreds of transfers into my account from overseas - from several different countries.

Remember, if you are having problem with the folk at your branch, go to another branch as there are always well run, friendly branches and badly run, unfriendly branches. The same goes for just about every Thai bank. It's not the bank - it's the local manager who sets the standard of service - or not - as the case may be.

Although as a general rule, Bangkok Bank seems to be the least farang friendly.

The only issue I ever had with K Bank was a few years ago when I changed my mobile phone number. It took weeks and two visits before my online banking would accept the changed number for OTP's - so be warned - do not change your phone number.