Throwback Thursday: do you remember the Nokia 1610 from 1996?

thai tech

Throwback Thursday: do you remember the Nokia 1610 from 1996?

Nokia-1610-702x336.jpg

Today, we often take amazing smartphones and high speed networks for granted, but it’s interesting to look back occasionally on just how far the tech industry has come.

Mobile phones in particular have changed beyond all recognition, advancing from the huge bricks of yesteryear to the very powerful machines that can run all kinds of apps, games and entertainment.

In this Throwback Thursday article we take a brief trip down memory lane and reminisce about one of the most popular mobiles of the mid-1990s, the Nokia 1610.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/throwback-thursday-nokia-1610/5059/

Does this writer have access to better writing skills, or an alternate personality? I do hope ThaiVisa isn't paying for these annoying topics. Ugh.

Yes, the industry has come a long way. I remember when I was personally involved with a few companies way back when we were actually trying to bring the Internet to mobile phones, not just writing about them years after the fact in a hap-hazard way. Careful, Larry, I like to spit.

Yes, I miss Nokia. Nokia is dead. Long live Nokia.

re

better picture of then and now

i was in a truckers cafe on the a4 near heathrow airport when a

hairy arsed gang of builders walked in with one of these when they first came out :)

dave2

ps ,,, im now a tech nut ... 2 laptops 2 netbooks 2 tablets and 4 phones up to a note 4 ... all working perfectly !

post-42592-0-83279700-1425022169_thumb.j