Etihad-any Good ?

ged

i usually fly Emirates MAN-BKK ,but have also tried BA ,Air france,THAI-BMI,KLM and Qatar.

i am thinking of trying Etihad as they are consistently at least UK 80 pounds cheaper,they also have a shorter stop off time in the middle east and they are starting a loyalty club 30/8/2006.

any of you Guys got any comments ? i am very intreseed to see how they compare to qatar and Emirates because i think the others are not so good .

any details much appreciated .

maybe i can buy a drink for any posters in BKK/Pattya in november :o

If you dont mind constant schedule changes(4 in a 6 mth period)then go ahead,me i like to think my flight will fly at the very least the day i have booked to fly,however with these clowns it was 2 days prior to my origianl flight date. :o

I flew with them BKK-AUH-LGW in May 2005. Admittedly I flew business class (to get the baggage allowance as I was moving back to the UK) but I found them to be excellent... so I'm using them again in October this year. I booked ages ago (February I think) and yes, I have had one date change but apart from that I'm happy. I have kept in touch with their customer service and they have answered all my queries PDQ and satisfactorily.

I am going Pearl Class again this time an looking forwad to the new 777 that they are operating....

The cabin http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_...ead.main/76396/

The seat http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1037...p;TopOfYest=yes

Can't wait...

flew man bkk man during june-aug 06 great service new planes on routes flew from man on a wends, midweek flights nearly empty only 70 of us on flight can't fault them and cheap too abu dabi airport not much but good coffe on lounge and they take uk pounds or uk change to pay for it but as you pointed out short layover time

[Hi Ged

Done 3 round trips LGW-BKK-LGW Pearl Class ie cheapest, with Etihad all excellent, good leg room, left on time, good meals and entertainment systems. Plus nice new aircraft.

Did have a change of departure time but that was due to Boeing delaying delivery of new 777 and messing up their scheduling.

Go for it TBWG :o

Have flew BA/QUANTAS/SWISS AIR and EVA and the best is EVA as far as i am concerned.Cabinh crew polite,good leg room and if you travel midweek good chance of plenty of spare seats.Try EVA i dont think you will be dissapointed.

Have flew BA/QUANTAS/SWISS AIR and EVA and the best is EVA as far as i am concerned.Cabinh crew polite,good leg room and if you travel midweek good chance of plenty of spare seats.Try EVA i dont think you will be dissapointed.

Doubt EVA fly from MAN

TBWG :o