School janitor charged for rape of minor

Thaivisa News

Phetchabun: – Chondan district police have taken custody of a rape suspect, identified as Suthep, 56, charging him for statutory rape of a 15-year-old high school student.

The student’s parent (name withheld under the Child Protection Act) filed a police complaint stating that the sexual offence happened within the school grounds during a night’s camp-out for girl scouts.

In his statement to police, Suthep admitted to raping and molesting the student victim.

He said since last year, he had sexually violated the victim for more than 10 times.

He said he was drunk and not in control of his faculties when committing each offence.

The victim is an exemplary student and a class president, the parent told police.

Before the incident, the school had sought and received the parental consent for girl scouts activities requiring overnight stay on the school grounds from February 11 to 13.

On the final night of the camp-out, a teacher found Suthep suspiciously stepped out of the victim’s tent before midnight.

The suspect said he was on duty to fix the lighting around the camping area. He said he had sexual needs after drinking so he got into the victim’s tent.

The victim was asleep alone, he said, recounting that he used one of his hands to cover her mouth to prevent her from shouting for help before raping her.

In the previous sexual violations, he threatened to hurt her if she told anyone about the rape.

Police detained the suspect pending the remand hearing.

Unless they have a previous record it would (I imagine) be just about impossible to vet every prospective employee 100% Even in the UK and OZ you can only delve so far into a persons past with regards to their previous employment.

What I believe may be lacking is the preemptive counseling and education that children get before they are placed in harms way. The three R's are basic, there may be some religious education along with sports and physical education, but are children educated and reassured about their individual rights?

The education system (in every country) is no substitute for a good home and supportive family, but should it not be part of the curriculum to build the child's self esteem? Should they not be provided with an organized network within the school of someone always being available to talk to? If this unfortunate child had someone she could approach after the initial assault she might have been spared the additional agony.

I'm sick of reading myself harping on about the previous governments shortcomings, but if they'd been less interested in plundering the economy and more interested in genuine improvements within the education system, then improvements in how our children are cared for might already have been introduced.

In countries where pendulum politics exist it seems the governments of the day have lost their way, they should be less interested in the market affects and balance sheets, and more interested in improving the quality of services to the general population.

Education and health being out there as the most important by far...

• Like 1

Teachers can drink as much as they like on scout camps. I was given a bottle of whiskey by the school assistant director. One of the gay teachers had a game between the boys, it was basicaly who could take there clothes off faster.

And you did report it to the authorities didn't you ???

She had been sexually violated 10 times before but said nothing? It's indicated that she is intelligent, so why, at the age of 15 does she not have enough intelligence or "street smarts" (so to speak) to say something? If she can be taken advantage of so easily by a dominating male at school, could the same thing be happening around her home? Is she yet another victim of the subjugation of young girls? There are some awkward questions here.

As for that Suthep dog, he doesn't deserve a life. I hope the poor girl is not too messed up by this.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Teachers can drink as much as they like on scout camps. I was given a bottle of whiskey by the school assistant director. One of the gay teachers had a game between the boys, it was basicaly who could take there clothes off faster.

And you did report it to the authorities didn't you ???

This goes to the very heart of why so much goes unreported, if this is a genuine post by crickets and as per the previous comment, you did report this to the relevant people didn't you???

Some sort of reply would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Why do schools allow drunken morons to even get close to the students. I would be suing the school.

Because being a drunken moron is quiet normal in Thailand and is accepted to be ok.

And if we didn't have any drunken morons, who would we get to drive all the buses and lorries?

Good point my friend !!! I once again escaped certain death last week on the motorway on my way to Bkk from Hua Hin due to a lorry driver driving like a idiot...

No i didnt report it. Im not sure if it was for sexual gratification or he wouldnt of done it in front of 20 people. All the kids found it pretty funny but im sure you would go to jail in australia for it.

were you present also ?

Obviously we can only go by the details from your post, and I'm genuinely not having a go at you personally, but do you not think that is the type of behavior or conduct that you are duty bound to report?

No matter where you are in the world and no matter what the social standards, that should be reported!

My reaction is somewhere between surprise and shock that you didn't but I'll leave that between you and your conscience, please in future don't be so liberal or relaxed about that kind of behavior, we all know where it can lead!!!

• Like 1

I'm afraid that this is only the tip of the iceberg. It's ok to get drunk in Thailand , even at work and then they can carry on molesting kids , and unless you come from an influential family the victim will be too scared to talk.

Edited by balo

Unless they have a previous record it would (I imagine) be just about impossible to vet every prospective employee 100% Even in the UK and OZ you can only delve so far into a persons past with regards to their previous employment.

What I believe may be lacking is the preemptive counseling and education that children get before they are placed in harms way. The three R's are basic, there may be some religious education along with sports and physical education, but are children educated and reassured about their individual rights?

The education system (in every country) is no substitute for a good home and supportive family, but should it not be part of the curriculum to build the child's self esteem? Should they not be provided with an organized network within the school of someone always being available to talk to? If this unfortunate child had someone she could approach after the initial assault she might have been spared the additional agony.

I'm sick of reading myself harping on about the previous governments shortcomings, but if they'd been less interested in plundering the economy and more interested in genuine improvements within the education system, then improvements in how our children are cared for might already have been introduced.

In countries where pendulum politics exist it seems the governments of the day have lost their way, they should be less interested in the market affects and balance sheets, and more interested in improving the quality of services to the general population.

Education and health being out there as the most important by far...

You are basically correct about how far back you can go in Australia but now nearly all states and territories have introduced their own version of the Child Protection Act. Most require pre employment checks and Police screening, the latter dependant on the position applied for.

Most require compulsory reporting if an individual offends and most cannot get employment unless they allow the checks to be carried out and receive certification. Unfortunately, even in the most disciplined situation some rogues still fall through the cracks.

I don't know how this would work in Thailand given the lack of records retained for the general work force but if they made it compulsory, at least in the education system, and imposed stiff penalties if not followed through by the school heads, then maybe there might be some resemblance of order and protection for the most vulnerable in society.

One thing I find unusual is how this low life became employed as, if he states, he has a problem with alcohol, then this is normally common knowledge amongst those he is known to in and around the school. But then, it may be just an excuse by him an attempt to downplay his actions or do those around him really care? One can only hope they do.

Edited by Si Thea01