Chinese guide abandons 33 tourists in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- Pattaya police came to the rescue of 33 Chinese tourists late Thursday night after they were abandoned by a female Chinese tour guide.

The terrified tourists filed a complaint at the police booth on Jomthien beach at 11:30 pm that they had been abandoned by their guide and a tour agent, prompting Pattaya police chief Pol Col Sukthat Pumphanmuang and tourist police to rush to help them.

The 33 tourists included two children. They became worried that they would not be able to return home.

Their representative, a 48-year-old woman, told police through an interpreter that they were abandoned by a guide known as Ya Wing Ping, after she was dissatisfied that she failed to charge them more for tour guide service.

The woman said her group bought a tour package from China at the rate of 2,399 yuans each or about Bt12,000. The group arrived in Thailand on February 16 and checked into a hotel at the Jomthien beach on Wednesday.

She said the guide demanded each of the tourists to pay 1,380 yuans more to her but she refused as she thought it was not fair. However, she later learned that 20 members of her group had paid the guide so she tried to demand the money back however the guide later disappeared with the 27,600 yuans from the 20 tourists.

After they filed the complaint, a 20-year-old woman from Chiang Mai, Ahfang Sae-lu, contacted police on behalf of the New Gen Co Ltd, which is the tour agent in Thailand for the group.

Ahfang said the company would return the money to group on behalf of the guide, who disappeared. The company would take care of the group until the tourists return to their country, she added.

• Like 2

12.000,- THB for a week !! all included !!

So this are now the new HQ tourists which bringing foreign currency to Thailand,

6.000,- to 8.000,- off for the ticket,

so how much for a day, Hotel, local transport, sightseeing, food; - 1.000,- or less !!

I spend 5.000,- just for a dinner,

but they will not see my money any more :-))))

• Like 2

I rather be cleaning toilets at an Indian gas station in Mumbai then being a tour guide for a group of Chinese.

Are you a SCAT perv? I think even given the reputation of the Chinese tourist, I would gladly take the challenge rather than any toilet cleaning folly in India, you are a brave man my friend, a very brave man!

I would however side with the tour guide that abandoned them, it cannot have been a pleasant task.

But to be honest, she must have had a bit of a raw deal, most Chinese (Shanghainese) are pretty much coming around and are learning to queue, wait in turn, not push.

It will take a while for them to integrate - look at Thailand a couple of hundred years ago!

Thank God the Brits taught the Hong Kong lot some manners, now it is their turn to teach their mainland bretheren - the spitting, the shitting, the pissing ( I still see quite a bit of public roadside pissing here in Northern Thailand - best to toot the horn and make dog noises out of the car window as you pass, obviously making sure they can't get their dicks put away in time to catch up with you)

Edited by Vogele123
  • Like 1

I rather be cleaning toilets at an Indian gas station in Mumbai then being a tour guide for a group of Chinese.

As a Chinese tour guide...you are expected to keep the sidewalks, streets, behind the 7/11, and hotel stairwells clean...a daunting task with 33 crappers to take care of...

OK here is where i am puzzled a little.

They were dumped by the guide, however instead of contacting the company where they purchased the tour, they somehow managed to find police station and managed to find an interpreter and managed to file a complaint

That's pretty resourceful for someone who is terrifiedgiggle.gif

I might be wrong, but i believe most of these guide's work on tips, their guide must have realized none would be given

• Like 1

12000 baht all inclusive from China ? That's pretty cheap. I'm guessing 7000 baht for the flight tickets and 5000 to cover hotel and food for 7 days. Quality tourists are invading the city .

Edited by balo

I can imagine them running round the lobby screaming for food and the toilets but unable to find anything because there was no one waving a clipboard at the things they couldnt find on their own....

Lobby, toilets, same same!

• Like 1

It's amazing how utterly useless the group of Chinese were. They're like a flock of brainless sheep. They must have some kind of hive mentality.

I think that she left them because they all wore long dresses. They had shy knees.

It's amazing how utterly useless the group of Chinese were. They're like a flock of brainless sheep. They must have some kind of hive mentality.

They seem to have solved the situation that confronted them so they're not utterly useless.