Power Buy moving out or Kad Suan Kaew? Why?

elgordo38

I really like shopping at Power Buy because we live so close and have no car. Now they are moving into a stand alone store one block down(as a senior it makes it more difficult to get there and its a PITA to get a taxi) on a busy busy corner where heavy traffic will make it difficult to get in and out of. It will be a super store and why they need such a huge store I cannot fathom. I have always been satisfied with the selection in the old store. I am sure that the other stores in KSK provided a lot of walk in trade for them which they will now loose. I have been in these so called super stores and you could shoot a gun off and hit nooo bodies. There are more employees than customers ready to pounce. Why is big always better in Thailand? I will now put on my safety helmut and get ready to duck the brick bats. I will not touch on Thai logic as the last time I did I got stoned by all the key board ambushers just waiting for a topic about that. There was one topic I was following about YL and I had to unfollow it as the answers bordered on downright hatred. What a polarized subject. If someone knows of a honest hard working politician please send me his name. They are extinct sadly.

I can understand the OP's frustration because now he'll have to cross a very busy intersection to get to the new store. We used the old Power Buy often -- buying mostly computer accessories there. It was our go-to place for toner cartridges. Now it will be a life-threatening event to buy a new toner cartridge.

• Like 2

Electrical bits and bobs, appliances, computers, TVs, audio, etc.

Perhaps they know something we don't; KSK being pulled down imminently, for instance.

Otherwise. Let's see:

• Rent too high?
  • Being squeezed out by Central?
  • Not enough customers/lower sales?
  • Too small to fit their stock in/wanting to expand?
  • The loss of face with being associated with the anachronistic KSK? whistling.gif
  • The gain of face associated with being their own entity?

Sorry it'd be a struggle for you, but I'd reckon the inconvenience caused to the few was not at the forefront in their decision making. The world is amovin', fast!

• Like 1

Shop with Lazzada online then they'll bring the goods to you. No need to go out at all.

Not so easy .They say you can pay on delivery .Many items though dont have this facility.Also once you go on their site your Computer will forever be infected with their sales pop up windows .

Could be worse they could move to Maya. That is more than a block away and you have to cross the most congested intersection in Chiang Mai.

Does any one have an idea in the difference in floor space between the two?

Nah, the Maya intersection is MUCH more manageable. There the traffic is at a dead stop for minutes in one direction for long enough to let the oldest, most frail among us toddle across. And there are little grassy islands in the middle of the road to stand and wait for the traffic to stop again.

And to think I was such a naysayer, thinking they should have built a flyover for that intersection when Maya mall was under construction. Boy, was I wrong. They planned it just perfectly for us pedestrians. I especially like the way it's faster to walk from the Sirimanklajarn intersection down Huey Kaew to Maya rather than take a songthaew or even a tuk-tuk. Gets me back to having some exercise!

Shop with Lazzada online then they'll bring the goods to you. No need to go out at all.

Not so easy .They say you can pay on delivery .Many items though dont have this facility.Also once you go on their site your Computer will forever be infected with their sales pop up windows .

The majority of items do cash on delivery. Also if you know how to secure your computer and browser properly their adverts and pop ups are a non issue.

Try googgling "ghostery", "malwarebytes" and a decent antivirus along with windows defender also some of the 'ad block' ers are a 'plus' but can't be talked about too much here.

The shop is moving one block away and you can't get there without a taxi? And shooting guns in shops is poor policy, regardless of resident country.

And by the way, what did Power Buy sell? Never heard of that shop.

you have never heard of Thailand's biggest electronics retail chain ?

I guess you live in the jungle then or have just arrived a few days ago from a far away country biggrin.png

The majority of items do cash on deliveryarrow-10x10.png. Also if you know how to secure your computer and browser properly their adverts and pop ups are a non issue.

Try googgling "ghostery", "malwarebytes" and a decent antivirus along with windows defender also some of the 'ad block' ers are a 'plus' but can't be talked about too much here.

Guess i need a better anti virus than McFee then ,which i payed for .Thanks for the info .

A songtaew WILL take you from Tha Phae Gate to KSK for 20 THB almost always....tell them Maya, it is a different story. During most daylight hours it is quicker to walk the extra 700 meters, anyway. So that is one edge KSK has over Maya. Also, that branch of BKK Bank is a true international branch.....couldn't find a USD 10 in all of Maya. KSK is also a good meeting place.

• Like 1