Dutch wanted by Interpol nabbed in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Although Marijuana is deemed illegal in those countries including Thailand ....I really wonder when the governments and the relevant authorities in those countries will legalize marijuana and move on to policing far more important matters.

I do not advocate the use of recreational drugs at all........but this ongoing social affair known as the war on drugs, with all its associated ramifications and specifically the law enforcement concerning marijuana, is a near perfect example of human folly....if ever there was....while history will prove that was the case.

Cheers

i fully agree, and not just because I am born dutch.

Look at the war on drugs that the US is waging in the South american continent, which has cost already billions of tax payer money, but to what result exactly ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Marijuana is deemed illegal in those countries including Thailand ....I really wonder when the governments and the relevant authorities in those countries will legalize marijuana and move on to policing far more important matters.

I do not advocate the use of recreational drugs at all........but this ongoing social affair known as the war on drugs, with all its associated ramifications and specifically the law enforcement concerning marijuana, is a near perfect example of human folly....if ever there was....while history will prove that was the case.

Cheers

Exactly! Most countries in Europe pretty much turn a blind eye to small dealing in marijuana these days anyway, dont think he will have to worry much about getting back to Europe. In the slammer for a few years (if that), and thats all! It is not like he was dealing heroin...

Slowly it is coming around.

Meantime if ever the laws concerning the consumption of Marijuana, for recreational purposes, are to be revised or significantly changed or eliminated, I am more than certain Thailand would be one of the last countries to go with the flow and legalize marijuana for public consumption.

However ...if the control of marijuana was to be given to the "powers" that exists at present and "they" could more or less monopolize the very lucrative trade in legalized marijuana then you may see them take a seemingly progressive leadership role in the legalization of marijuana.

The billions to be made will always be the most influential determining factor if they do change the laws.

Cheers

I think is Interpol will set up shop in Pattaya they will have their hands full apprehending all sort

of fugitive scums all the while living in a resort setting.....

I think you should check on the role and structure of Interpol before posting such comments.

Hint - Hollywood's portrayals ain't real, factual or truthful.

Cheers

i fully agree, and not just because I am born dutch.

Look at the war on drugs that the US is waging in the South american continent, which has cost already billions of tax payer money, but to what result exactly ?

+1

Just happy i ceased paying mentionable taxamounts long since as to not longer cofinance that (global) scam.

Too many people profiting from prohibition and that on either side - don't remember exactly anymore if it was for Switzerland or Austria and if for '12 or '13 but numbers where: 28.000 drug-related charges pressed out of which almost 24.000 (!) concerned the foliage ... ri-effin'-diculous waste of resources obviously much more needed on other frontlines ...

Cheers

EXACTLY! Making weed illegal should have gone hand in hand with alcohol and tobacco. Both of these two substances cause more human and social misery than all the worlds illegal drugs combined! So why....ahhh yes that's it! Big business's who have fingers in all political pies and a huge budget for lobbying various governments. Also they are owned in part by some of the richest people on the planet who through "democracy" continue to rule the world by subterfuge.

Cheers

The war on drugs is huge waste of money, or a huge money maker depending on which side of the law you are on. I suppose if funds most police activity in the USA, but it has ruined so many 1000s of young citizens and it is so unfairly executed that is makes me sick.

I'm sure the kids at the junior high were very disappointed. Here is 14,000 pounds....they said 7 million usd...or 30 usd per oz.

post-227967-0-07973700-1424536544_thumb.

Funny how after a big bust, there is all of a sudden plenty for sale.

post-227967-0-43115100-1424536998.jpg

Edited by bangmai

Don't know where this article was taken from it must be from the Nation they are mostly factual off track. 180.000 Euro is 6.3 million baht. Hardly an amount to call someone the "King of Cannabis". It seems that German police should follow the medicine that the German government is prescribing to Greece: Slim down. If you have time to get after a guy who made 180K Euro from which only partially in your country you can shed 50% of your officers. There is clearly no work or they are tired going after Neo Nazi's. What a joke, bet that any given superintendant in Pattaya is doing more a week on the sideline.

A lot of Thai bashing and complaining going on as usual. The fact is he shouldnt of got out of his own country in the first place. Fact is Thai police caught him, regardless of how he managed to slip in here.

Yes and they should not have granted the Germans the honour to waste their power on a criminal not considered a criminal in most European countries and in large parts of the US. We are talking peanuts and we are talking Marihuana. The Thai police has not much of a choice when assistance is asked by the Germans.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cheers

Exactly! Most countries in Europe pretty much turn a blind eye to small dealing in marijuana these days anyway, dont think he will have to worry much about getting back to Europe. In the slammer for a few years (if that), and thats all! It is not like he was dealing heroin...

Exactly, and that is why he was able to escape his country to Thailand, because he must have been on bail, obviously not considered a serious enough offence to have him in jail.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Winx??? Looks like he's a Vink to me.

'Wink' is the best approximation that the Thais can do - there is no 'v' sound in the Thai language.

(Hence 'wisa' for 'visa', 'wcd' for 'VCD')

and wowo for Volvo, love it when the missus tries to say Volvo

or Volkswagon

Edited by gawaterman

Cheers

EXACTLY! Making weed illegal should have gone hand in hand with alcohol and tobacco. Both of these two substances cause more human and social misery than all the worlds illegal drugs combined! So why....ahhh yes that's it! Big business's who have fingers in all political pies and a huge budget for lobbying various governments. Also they are owned in part by some of the richest people on the planet who through "democracy" continue to rule the world by subterfuge.

Yes that is the other half of the equation that the average man on the street can not change so readily....nearly impossible in some respects.

Maybe one day, some of them will decide that they can make billions on the recreational drugs also and then manipulate the system...so to speak.... so that marijuana becomes legal and they continue to make all the more money from one more popular consumer item that billions of people will eagerly consume with pleasure....while sustaining their additional cash flow.

It really is all about the money being the factor that will or will not change the Status Quo relevant to Marijuana becoming a wide spread and commonly consumed product...just like the alcohol ...but with far less side effects.

Cheers

Cheers

The war on drugs is huge waste of money, or a huge money maker depending on which side of the law you are on. I suppose if funds most police activity in the USA, but it has ruined so many 1000s of young citizens and it is so unfairly executed that is makes me sick.

Yes...those would be the "ramifications " I mentioned including the growth of over zealous government authorities that grow all the more militant and threatening towards the citizens in general.

• 3 months later...

When one arrives at the airport in Thailand, the immigration pulls your data up on a computer.... are they not checking to make certain, there's no interpol data? It has always amazed me, how many criminals slide into the country.

I don't know what country you are from --jlwilliamsrj...but in the UK they are forever finding that someone who came to work there, then Raped/killed --or attacked someone, usually had a long record in the other EU country. The guy who raped & killed the young London girl (14) & body hidden in the Camden lock area last year ----had just been released after completing a murder sentence in another EU country. How many British crim's do you think are in Spain ??

If Europe can not seem to get it together---why criticize Thailand.