Proof of funds coming from overseas for immigration.

I don't know if this should be here in the banking section or in the visa section or not, but ....

I know the bank branches at Chaeng Wattana can do the letter of balance for visa extensions at Immigration, but what about the proof of funds coming from overseas when converting a tourist visa ? Can they access that information on their computers, or do I have to get that done at my regular branch ?

as long as the money is in the bank[your acc.] and you meet all the other requirements,proof of address,and the letter from your bank to show how long its been in there,with your pass book.copies,passport ect.see visa forum.

you will be converting to a O-A 90 DAY VISA FIRST.

Edited by meatboy

You don't need for routine annual retirement extensions.

BUT, you do need to show money import for CONVERSIONS of tourist visas or entry stamps to single entry O visas done as part of a two step process (Bangkok), with the second step the extension. If you enter Thailand with an existing O then you don't need to do a conversion.

• Like 1

Or a retirement visa?

You can only get a retirement visa outside Thailand. In Thailand you get a retirement extension.

That is the O-A visa obtained in home countries. In such cases if using funds to qualify, the funds do not need to be in Thailand. Typically people show bank accounts in their home country for that.

BUT, you do need to show money import for CONVERSIONS of tourist visas or entry stamps to single entry O visas done as part of a two step process (Bangkok), with the second step the extension. If you enter Thailand with an existing O then you don't need to do a conversion.

But what cash deposit requirement is there to get a single-entry O visa? I wasn't aware of one (apart from the fee). And why does it have to come from abroad when the money for an extension can come from anywhere? Seems very odd.

But what cash deposit requirement is there to get a single-entry O visa? I wasn't aware of one (apart from the fee). And why does it have to come from abroad when the money for an extension can come from anywhere? Seems very odd.

I don't make the rules.

I am talking specifically about conversions done in Thailand from tourist visa or entry stamp to 90 day O.

Post your question on the visa forum for confirmation because of course people don't really fully believe stuff until Ubonjoe says it!

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you to Mario and Ubonjoe. And jingthing..... at least some people read the posts properly smile.png

Although I am beginning to think it would be easier just to go for a trip to Vientianne .....

Edited by MikeN

Vientiane can be easier and quicker if you are not living in Bangkok. Just your passport and bank book is all you need there.

Apply on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning and their will will not be a huge crowd from the visa run vans.