The Socks and Sandals expose thread!

smokie36

Yes, I wear socks with sandals (and yes, I'm a Brit).

In my defence, your honour, I don't wear white socks, and I don't wear socks with shorts.

I have awful stinky feet (you do not want to go anywhere near my trainers) so sandals in the office, exchanged for site boots in the car when heading out on site.

God dammit sir. Have you no standards at all left nowadays in England ? Damnable Johnny foreigners and fuzzy wuzzies sending us all to the dogs sirfacepalm.gif

15travel-beach-getty-590-tm-120811.jpg

Edited by siampolee

I only do if I take cleats off and we are going to get something to eat on the way home because sometimes the feet are dirty......

There are low socks that when matched correctly with dress sandals look good with beachwear.....however

The high black sock look on pasty white legs is horrid and these people should be towed away by the fashion police.....the usually compound it by miss-matching stripes and colors strutting around feeling marvelous.....Can't think of another country I have seen it in.....

• Like 1

I wear socks 5 1/2 days a week to work but as soon as I am home they come off and into the laundry bin. Then if I am going out I put on my trusty Crocs..... ohh my god !! I've done it at last.... I've admitted to wearing Crocs.

Can I get therapy for this affliction?

• Like 1

Sometimes i rub a blister or have a cut and need to put on socks other than that i don't ,

and most times, i am going around with nothing on the feet around the home.

I go back to big heavy boots and socks when back to engineering and thats makes the feet soft , so nice to get air around the feet.

I wear socks 5 1/2 days a week to work but as soon as I am home they come off and into the laundry bin. Then if I am going out I put on my trusty Crocs..... ohh my god !! I've done it at last.... I've admitted to wearing Crocs.

Maybe Dr. Will can treat you for this affliction.

post-87166-0-24861100-1424497257_thumb.j

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

Not only foreigners wear socks in sandals.Also Thais wear them to protect the feet from dust or bacterial infections. It depends on where you are and the season. I wear socks in my sport shoes, but never with sandals..

UlyssesG post # 9.

I've never understood why so may people are obsessed with this. I could care less how old farts - or young ones - dress.

My grandmother always said that those silent but deadly farts young or old always came out in carpet slippers, never in sandals sock wearing or not.cheesy.gif

tapistongs-carpet1.jpg

Edited by siampolee

UlyssesG post # 9.

I've never understood why so may people are obsessed with this. I could care less how old farts - or young ones - dress.

My grandmother always said that those silent but deadly farts young or old always came out in carpet slippers, never in sandals sock wearing or not.cheesy.gif

tapistongs-carpet1.jpg

What a great idea for carpet slippers.

Is that another TCI product?

• Like 1

Maybe Dr. Will can treat you for this affliction.

Dr Will has been rather busy with his patients. Costas is of course always a patient of concern

In my defence, your honour, I don't wear white socks, and I don't wear socks with shorts.

I have awful stinky feet (you do not want to go anywhere near my trainers) so sandals in the office, exchanged for site boots in the car when heading out on site.

I also have smelly feet (in the UK, wearing socks). But not in Thailand (never wear socks). It's the socks what does it.

I also have smelly feet (in the UK, wearing socks). But not in Thailand (never wear socks). It's the socks what does it.

No smelly UK feet pics please.....somewhere someone is having their breakfast! :D

It's because men do not look after their feet. They chop at their toenails once every six months and are perhaps embarassed about the open toe regime of sandals. Whereas, us ladies look after our toes and toenails. We can go from wearing socks and snowboots to sandals in a jiffy. I know i can. I do my pedicure at least once a week. Stick my feet in a bowl of hot water, trim, etc, Just like you would do with your fingernails.

Do you leave your fingernails to go dormant for months on end? I hope not. So why leave your widdle toes to suffer...

And i can tell you - to see the state of men's feet sometimes is a real upchuck. They can be polite, well dressed etc but to see feet that haven't seen air since they were toddling around in granny's garden is a no no.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Checking through my old albums tonight I came across an old picture of Neverdie that I have which was taken at Lancaster Gate Beach.

I noticed that the same type of picture is used by Smokie in his opening post but I do believe that this is a photoshop of the original Neverdie picture.

Recently I have been giving viola lessons to bangkokjulia (in my humidity controlled storage center), so at the moment she is heading my suspect list of foriegn operatives who had access to this picture.

Investigations are ongoing and we are hoping to jump to a conclusion within the next 7 minutes.

post-87166-0-61970100-1424735245_thumb.j

Edited by tonytigerbkk

I used to laugh at this...

As I became older I have a need to wear socks with my sandals and trendy open footwear otherwise I get all sorts of problems with my feet in Thailand

I always wear socks and sandals, and don't have any problems with my feet, and I never wear shorts as I dress for both comfort and appearance.

Being a handsome guy, appearance means a lot to me.

Are you saying that I have smelly feet?

No smelly UK feet pics please.....somewhere someone is having their breakfast! biggrin.png

You can't smell pictures, what about people with foot fetishes? they may appreciate feet pictures.