Prayut outlines various strategies to achieve

Lite Beer

Prayut outlines various strategies to achieve

21-2-2558-13-26-11-wpcf_725x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha raised several issues that affect livelihood of the people as national agenda to speedily resolved by his government when he addressed the nation on TV during his Friday night "Returning Happiness to the People" programme.

Garbage disposal, water management, energy as well as special economic zones and reconciliation were emphasised and pledged to be accomplished within his term in the government.

The prime minister said now the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment have been designated to draft a road map to put garbage disposal a national agenda.

It was necessary to treat and eliminate accumulated garbage in Thailand, he said, adding that long term solution to the problem is to turn this thrash into energy the country can use.

To meet this goal, the Government is aiming to establish at least 53 garbage-powered electricity generating plants across the nation, he said.

Two of these plants are already operating in Songkla and Phuket, three are under construction, two are in the process of signing construction deals, while another one is being studied. Sites for the remaining 45 units are still being decided, he said.

But he said the best way to deal with the garbage disposal problem is to instill discipline regarding the disposal of trash among the country’s citizens.

The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment were tasked to work out ways to implant such values in the younger generation.

On water management to cope with and to ensure sufficient water for farming, Gen Prayut said the government had laid out strategic water-management plan for 2015-2016 to ensure stable and prosperous agricultural developments.

Under the main water-management projects slated for completion within 10 years, the efficiency of current irrigation projects will be enhanced.

They included managing water demand, developing new water sources and irrigation systems, revitalising 15,688 water sources and natural streams, supporting the appropriation of 270,000 wells for needy farmers and developing 1,715 community water sources.

On water demand in the Eastern Seaboard, he said the government would develop the Eastern region water network with a budget of 5.19 billion baht.

The government would also develop water sources this year in conjunction with the development of the special economic zones in Mae Sot, Aranyaprathet and Sadao districts.

This would be in addition to supporting water sources for the service and tourism sector in Koh Chang and Koh Pha-ngan in 2016, he said.

On trade competition, Gen Prayut said the country needs to become more competitive faster in every area, from product development to trade and exports to innovation.

Recalling that Thailand currently was considered a middle-income nation, which meant that it didn’t get the full range of privileges from the global economy, Gen Prayut said it needs to quicken competitiveness in all dimensions, in products, trade, innovation, adding value, and the conversion of raw materials into higher-value items before export.

Touching on his government’s reconciliation attempt and amnesty, he reiterated that reconciliation has to take into consideration the principles of law, otherwise Thailand will run into problems again.

He said rules of law needed to be considered.

Reconciliation without principles would bring problems with the law, he said.

He said amnesty also needed to be based on law.

If true reconciliation was to be achieved, he suggested that the first thing would be to cut down on derogatory accusations and let everything be processed systematically.

He asked not to make judgement or turn personal bias into reason.

“It could be someone you like personally, but if the person has done wrong, then they are guilty.”

He said such person should learn to improve themselves in the future.

He access that certain developments were being setting as benchmark for the country and for everybody who will come in and administer the state.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-outlines-various-strategies-achieve

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-21

Yawn same old list of promises every Friday evening and the same lack of results, everything is Yingluck and Thaksin's fault and the army and the democracts are perfect yada yada.

Well you cannot fault him for speaking the truth then!

• Like 1

may I suggest starting with the sources of some of this garbage? The excess number of plastic bags almost forced on customers? Excess packaging of goods for sale? Styrofoam food containers are banned in my home town in USA: how about here?

Enforcement of laws (if there are any) regarding viewing empty lots as public dumps?

Providing trash bins (that are emptied often) in public places? (nah, that cut into police 'income")

I wonder if this guy has enough brains to realise how out of his depth he is as PM and just how big a mistake he has made?

Agreed. Different day, same BS. What exactly has this buffoon achieved in 7+ months?

No deckchairs on the beach anymore

No more Taxi scams at the airport

Lottery tickets being sold for correct price

National reconciliation

Economy improving

• Like 1

The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment were tasked to work out ways to implant such values in the younger generation

Would that involve the 'Attitude Adjustment Program'? For a population that considers Thailand to be the greatest nation on earth I've never understood why they would treat it like a garbage dump. You would see adults and kids outside a 7/11 on a daily basis all throwing their garbage on the floor whilst a bin not two feet away sits empty.

If I was the Gen I wouldn't bang on too much about the garbage disposal in Phuket; the incinerators was, when I left, in serious need of replacement as it couldn't cope and the cost was a perceived 1 billion (that's around 300m for the unit and 700m to line the pockets of the greedy and corrupt).

For the amount of rain Thailand gets water shouldn't be a problem. Make every home have guttering that feeds into an underground tank. You can also filter the water so that it becomes potable ... it's not rocket science.

On trade competition, Gen Prayut said the country needs to become more competitive faster in every area, from product development to trade and exports to innovation.

Yes Prayut is spot on with his assumption. Unfortunately he and the others in control support protectionism and nationalism which doesn't allow for competition and without that you can't learn how to be competitive. Thinking that anything you produce is just top notch because a Thai made it doesn't make it so.

Reconciliation without principles would bring problems with the law

Again absolutely correct. So when is Prayut going to hand himself in to the authorities so he can be tried for the criminal offense of treason?

Certainly makes some good points in his latest weekly address but alas there's no substance to anything he says. It's crystal clear they know what the problems are but they simply do not have either the intellectual capacity or will to actually implement change. Still no doubt his latest speech will result in a ton of 'Feasibility Studies' that influential friends of friends of family members will be able to produce for a few million a pop.

Seriously if I was a Thai I'd denied it and sue anyone who said otherwise.

• Like 2

"On trade competition, Gen Prayut said the country needs to become more competitive faster in every area, from product development to trade and exports to innovation."

The general has made a rather general statement here. It is best to be specific as to what products. We were doing all of our product development there until the good general came along and made it more difficult visa wise. Still do some, but will not expand and certainly will not manufacture there. Also, Thai post is twice that of Taiwan as well as more expensive than China and Hong Kong. Customs is more problematic also. Customs and shipping costs were problematic before he road in on his white horse to save the day.

I wonder if this guy has enough brains to realise how out of his depth he is as PM and just how big a mistake he has made?

Agreed. Different day, same BS. What exactly has this buffoon achieved in 7+ months?

A bike path and a floating market.

and a new song

• Like 1

As expressed on another thread I thought his plans are excellent.

Those salivating over democracy consider the leading candidates for the "Democratic" US election, Hilary Clinton and Jeb Bush! You just couldn't make this sort of insult to the intelligence up. LOL.

• Like 1

Not sure a coup was necessary to achieve any of the 23 items on your list.

Isn't the coup's real mission to create a political system where the pro-Thaksin party can't win?

What's taking so long?

• Like 2

and a new song

And the twelve commandments.

You know. Love your country and all the 'good' people and don't commit the sin of thinking.

National reconciliation
Economy improving
...[/quote
Well OK no deckchairs.
Taxi scams continue.
Lottery tickets sold for whatever they will fetch.
National reconciliation - the jury is out (yes I know that is a bad joke given the Juntas control of the judicial process) and the economy hmm, wait out!

Makes General Melchet look like Rommel!

National reconciliation

Economy improving

...[/quote

Well OK no deckchairs.

Taxi scams continue.

Lottery tickets sold for whatever they will fetch.

National reconciliation - the jury is out (yes I know that is a bad joke given the Juntas control of the judicial process) and the economy hmm, wait out!

Makes General Melchet look like Rommel!

Wonderful. That leaves 18 more for you to dismiss then to ensure the Junta are dismissed as helping Thailand restore democracy.

Yawn same old list of promises every Friday evening and the same lack of results, everything is Yingluck and Thaksin's fault and the army and the democracts are perfect yada yada.

My 1st thought also same old, same old every week and still nothing has changed. The only thing he has actually achieved is a few tantrums, no more orgies, farangs with chairs on his beach and happy endings. Oh and the order to increase the farang rip offs ten fold. Edited by chooka

"Garbage disposal"

Lets take a very simple example. I usually stay in Tannon Nanai in Phuket and often see the Garbage collectors working at 2am picking up bags and garbage strewn all over the place with their bare hands.

So I am wondering when every resident and shop owner will receive their brand new garbage bin and the recycling bin like we have in civilized countries and also the brand new garbage trucks needed to collect the bins using the trucks on board machine rather than Somchais running around like chickens risking their health. Plus the infrastructure to deal with this new system.

Sounds like a lot of work for Pon Ek - "Sorry too hard, you sound like a dissenter to the happiness state!" off to jail for you. Problem solved. Next!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You mention 7+ months as if it's an eternity, were you happy with the several years of PTP inaction, corruption and mismanagement?

The problems facing Thailand are huge (like most other developing countries) At least this government is progressing through a list of "Things to be done" and getting on with it, yes progress will be slow but you are living on a different planet if you expect anything else.

If lasting and significant improvements are to be made then they must be made at a basic and fundamental level, the previous administration were expert at the superficial and populist policies and where did that get us? Farmers committing suicide and hundreds of billions of baht in debt that will take generations to clear.

You are perfectly entitled to your cynical and negative view, perhaps you should consider a move to one of the neighboring "Models of Democracy" around the Thai border, perhaps you would be happier there?

"Garbage disposal"

Lets take a very simple example. I usually stay in Tannon Nanai in Phuket and often see the Garbage collectors working at 2am picking up bags and garbage strewn all over the place with their bare hands.

So I am wondering when every resident and shop owner will receive their brand new garbage bin and the recycling bin like we have in civilized countries and also the brand new garbage trucks needed to collect the bins using the trucks on board machine rather than Somchais running around like chickens risking their health. Plus the infrastructure to deal with this new system.

Sounds like a lot of work for Pon Ek - "Sorry too hard, you sound like a dissenter to the happiness state!" off to jail for you. Problem solved. Next!

They put trash cans in my wife's neighborhood a couple of years back.

Most are being used as planters. One guy has fish in his.