We Got It! Within 4 Days!

Hi All

Submitted & received visa within 4 days.

Want to say thanks to Scouse & GU, your replys to all including myself have been so much help, thanks again... Also thanks to all people posting questions.

I would glady help anyone who needs it.

Over the moon! Cant wait for wife & our son to get here & start to get on with things.

Good luck to all

:o

Happiest Farang in England

P.S. Wife says thanks as well.

Congratulations Connor. I hope my girls VAF2 goes as well yours.

Yes Argos rice cooker special offer £9.99 just bought one great, better than that poxy one from Big C that we carted from Thailand to England and that laster 7 days before being burnt out.

Congrats. Well done mate.

Just out of interest what did you put down as your "intended date for travel to the UK" ?

We are just about to make an application and assumed 2 month wait so was going to put 1st Nov ?

Ours will probably require an interview but is there any benefit in putting down some date in the next two weeks in the hope of getting an earlier interview ?

Thanks again guys.

Argos will be getting a visit for the rice steamer lol

Slimsam

I put the intended date of travel as 30th sept as my sons UK passport is due to arrive shortly. Put the date you intend to travel as you may have issues when your visa expires & you want to apply for futher stay.

Best ask the boys they will advise.

The date of travel question on the form is purely to give an indication of when the applicant wishes to travel. It will not influence the decision on whether an interview is required, as this is based upon the quality of the evidence submitted with the application. The wait for an interview is based purely on the number of people ahead of you in the queue.

If applying for a settlement visa and there is going to be a delay of more than 28 days between receiving the visa and actually travelling then it is vital that you make the ECO aware of this and get the visa post dated accordingly (which it can be for up to 3 months). Also, check the visa immediately to ensure the details, including the commencement date, are correct as mistakes cannot be corrected later.

Cheers all

Yeah feels great! Really great!

Gonna have a few drinks thats for sure. As per!

I do wanna say thanks to the Embassy cos i know they get had a go at 24/7 but in all honesty throughout all my dealings i have not once had an issue. They have been as good as the guys on here.

Once again thanks to all

Cheers all

Yeah feels great! Really great!

Gonna have a few drinks thats for sure. As per!

I do wanna say thanks to the Embassy cos i know they get had a go at 24/7 but in all honesty throughout all my dealings i have not once had an issue. They have been as good as the guys on here.

Once again thanks to all

It is good to see a positive post for the Embassy, they do receive an awful lot of stick, sometimes justified,

But more importantly Well Done and Good Luck again.

Moss

Hi All

Submitted & received visa within 4 days.

Want to say thanks to Scouse & GU, your replys to all including myself have been so much help, thanks again... Also thanks to all people posting questions.

I would glady help anyone who needs it.

Over the moon! Cant wait for wife & our son to get here & start to get on with things.

Good luck to all

:D

Happiest Farang in England

P.S. Wife says thanks as well.

Remember........

Fish sauce, you CAN buy the stuff in the UK.

I know someone who carted 5L of the stuff to the UK.

It was 16 years ago though. :o

Edited by paulnuek

All

I am still on a high!

What happens when she gets here? Any advise about how i should prepare myself immediately & for the future please?

:D

Hi Connor,

There is a wealth of practical things you can do and a lot of things that will come in a natural course of events,

a little working in the dark here but, maybe:

Schooling, sort a school for your son, you can choose, you do not have to be dictated too, just throw them in at the deep end, you will be amazed at how quickly they pick-up the language.

Possibly night school for your wife, not only for an increased knowledge of the language but social reasons.

Contact DSS? not quite sure if this is the correct dept now ( somebody will correct) for an interview date for a NI number.

Get the wife put on utility bills, useful later for further applications, Brit Cit maybe?

Driving Lessons, great for confidence build-up and other knock on obvious events :o

Visit the local temple, good for net-working purposes

The list can go on, be aware, within a short time I had moved from a two bed flat to a 4 bed detached........

Gotta go, maybe think of a few more things tomorrow if you think they are useful

Good Luck

Moss

Remember........

Fish sauce, you CAN buy the stuff in the UK.

I know someone who carted 5L of the stuff to the UK.

It was 16 years ago though. :o

hi there as paulnuek says you can buy fish sauce here in the uk, my wife has no problem getting thai food ,we go seawoo's and win nip's

agian all the best

if you want pm me and i will give you some thai food address to help you