Problem with house lord.

If she calls the police fine let her. When they show up tell the police that this is a civil matter as there is a contract. Tell them you would then like the tourist police to talk with your lawyer as you will file a counter claim against the house lord.

She lawyers up, you lawyer up. This will end up costing her a lot of money and take years. Odds are she will not file charges.

Also why would you want to live in a place or work with someone who is saying they will call the cops? You should really just move.

Good advice man... thank you very much

I dont want to live anymore at that place-

Problem is that it is so hard to find new home in CM.. I dont know why but non of real estate agent want to help you..When you told them your monthly budget for accommodation is 8000 thb,,they just cut any contact with you.

Only way is to go around with thai guide and look for a house

8000 Baht? Seriously?? Real estate agents are typically interested in finding you a home, not a shoe box. Perhaps if you were in the market for a condo (or house) that cost around 20K Baht per month, then maybe they would entertain you.

Btw: 8000 Baht = US$250

I dont understand your attacks... We rented perfectly big townhouse, for 6000 THB...much more bigger then any condo. and with garden for our dog.

Why did you give that up? Also if you really want someone to help you find a house in that price range pay them 30,000 Baht or so to help. Time is money.

• Like 1

8000 Baht? Seriously?? Real estate agents are typically interested in finding you a home, not a shoe box. Perhaps if you were in the market for a condo (or house) that cost around 20K Baht per month, then maybe they would entertain you.

I dont understand your attacks... We rented perfectly big townhouse, for 6000 THB...much more bigger then any condo. and with garden for our dog.

Ignore him. He is clueless. 5-10,000/month is a normal price to rent a mid-level house outside of the gated moo baans here in CM.

That said, at this price range I think it is normal to do your own minor maintenance. If a pipe is leaking, we call the plumber ourself. AC leaking? Same thing. We are paying 7,000B a month and are not interested in squeezing the landlord to pay for all sorts of minor things that will break.

A few years ago a more serious leak developed under the second floor bathroom, with water dripping down on the first floor. We called a plumber, and he said we would have to dig up the second floor bathroom floor to fix it, or he could just do a half-assed fix that would prevent us from seeing the problem, but which would eventually rotten the structures under the bathroom floor, which no doubt would be much costlier to fix later. We called the owner about this, telling her it was probably better to fix it properly now, and we could deduct a months rent or the equivalent, depending on what the total cost would be. The owner told us to sit tight and she sent some other plumber, who I think told the owner the same thing. It ended up with us paying 500-700B or so for the half-assed fix to her plumber. No problem, we can pay 700, but we are not paying 7,000 for something we did not break.

If we were paying 20,000B+ a month, I'd probably expect the owner to come and fix the small 500B problems himself however, or let us deduct them from the rent.

Edited by Awk
  • Like 1

If she calls the police fine let her. When they show up tell the police that this is a civil matter as there is a contract. Tell them you would then like the tourist police to talk with your lawyer as you will file a counter claim against the house lord.

She lawyers up, you lawyer up. This will end up costing her a lot of money and take years. Odds are she will not file charges.

Also why would you want to live in a place or work with someone who is saying they will call the cops? You should really just move.

Good advice man... thank you very much

I dont want to live anymore at that place-

Problem is that it is so hard to find new home in CM.. I dont know why but non of real estate agent want to help you..When you told them your monthly budget for accommodation is 8000 thb,,they just cut any contact with you.

Only way is to go around with thai guide and look for a house

Why did you give that up? Also if you really want someone to help you find a house in that price range pay them 30,000 Baht or so to help. Time is money.

We didnt....

Most Thais will not accept this offer...If you know any please let me know.

You don't have any friends that speak Thai?

Get on a bike and wander. You will see signs.

Talk to the neighbors etc.

It took me 1 afternoon to find a huge place inside the moat and in my price range. Had I been willing to be 10 minutes further out I could have had one in your range.

• Like 1

Ignore him. He is clueless. 5-10,000/month is a normal price to rent a mid-level house outside of the gated moo baans here in CM.

That said, at this price range I think it is normal to do your own minor maintenance. If a pipe is leaking, we call the plumber ourself. AC leaking? Same thing. We are paying 7,000B a month and are not interested in squeezing the landlord to pay for all sorts of minor things that will break.

A few years ago a more serious leak developed under the second floor bathroom, with water dripping down on the first floor. We called a plumber, and he said we would have to dig up the second floor bathroom floor to fix it, or he could just do a half-assed fix that would prevent us from seeing the problem, but which would eventually rotten the structures under the bathroom floor, which no doubt would be much costlier to fix later. We called the owner about this, telling her it was probably better to fix it properly now, and we could deduct a months rent or the equivalent, depending on what the total cost would be. The owner told us to sit tight and she sent some other plumber, who I think told the owner the same thing. It ended up with us paying 500-700B or so for the half-assed fix to her plumber. No problem, we can pay 700, but we are not paying 7,000 for something we did not break.

If we were paying 20,000B+ a month, I'd probably expect the owner to come and fix the small 500B problems himself however, or let us deduct them from the rent.

You don't have any friends that speak Thai?

Get on a bike and wander. You will see signs.

Talk to the neighbors etc.

It took me 1 afternoon to find a huge place inside the moat and in my price range. Had I been willing to be 10 minutes further out I could have had one in your range.

we did that...

Unsuccessfully. nobody speak english or understand what we want. we even bring all writen in thai so we can show them