Water Filter for Samsung Refrigerator

Oink

We bought one of the fancy Samsung side by side Fridge Freezers with a water dispenser and icemaker. Problem is we cannot find a replacement water filter. Went to the electrical shop where we bought it. No Have! Went to the Samsung Service Center on Sukhumvit. No have! They can order them from Singapore, but they are not going to!

So Samsung sell refrigerators that require water filters to be replaced, but they don't sell replacement filters, or more likely, too lazy to check. Thanks a lot Samsung.

There must be thousands of these refrigerators out there. I am sure that I am not the only person who actually wants to change the filter once in a while. Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Oink

• Like 1

Hi, I hope someone can assist with this question as we also have the Samsung double door refrigerator. From time to time the filter light has come on when using the water dispenser but I could never even find where the filter is located! Would be great to know where it is and how to get it cleaned or replaced. Have you tried checking in Bangkok for a replacement?

Best.

I have the same fridge. I bought a stand-alone "Pure" filter unit which water passes thru before it reaches the fridge. It has the same style white plastic supply hose/fittings that are compatible with the back of the Samsung unit. It has three filter elements plus UV and sits in a cupboard adjacent to the fridge so easy to service/change filters. Never seen the Samsung filter just reset the light when it comes one. Can't see how any one filter element inside the fridge would be good enough here. Maybe it was intended for use with an already "clean/safe" water supply or maybe the light is just a reminder and the filter is nothing more than a "strainer" element. No manual to check as I inherited the fridge when I bought the house.

Our whole house water filtration system filters down too 0.25 micron so nothing except water molecules can get through (bacteria are too big). We also have a magnetic "bio-buster" which quite literally bursts any bacteria before it gets to the filter. You can drink from any tap in the house. But I still wanted to change the fridge filter. The problem is that over time the activated charcoal in the filter compacts and restricts flow so it takes ages to fill a large glass.

I have the same fridge. I bought a stand-alone "Pure" filter unit which water passes thru before it reaches the fridge. It has the same style white plastic supply hose/fittings that are compatible with the back of the Samsung unit. It has three filter elements plus UV and sits in a cupboard adjacent to the fridge so easy to service/change filters. Never seen the Samsung filter just reset the light when it comes one. Can't see how any one filter element inside the fridge would be good enough here. Maybe it was intended for use with an already "clean/safe" water supply or maybe the light is just a reminder and the filter is nothing more than a "strainer" element. No manual to check as I inherited the fridge when I bought the house.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/support/model/RS21HKESW1/XST

Oink

• Like 1

There has got to be a joke in there somewhere. Nothing in nothing out etc. I love the Irish logic, if only the Americans had not cornered the market on stupidity.

Makes sense to me as I have a separate purification system too. That makes the Samsung filter redundant and it would be overkill to connect and maintain.

I bought 8 years ago a large Whirlpool refrigerator. When it came to change the water filter, we went back to power buy. They needed 3 months to gets us the filter imported at horrendous cost.

Ever since been buying them on ebay, 2 or 3 at the time and much cheaper.

My advise is for the OP to do the same. When you install the last filter you have, order the new set.

There are some filters from different makers, I. E. Aquapur. They come in various seizes for all possible types of refrigerators. I had only good experience with those. We change filter about every 3 to 4 months.