Maybach in Thailand (continued)

Dario

Roughly 5 years ago there was a topic called Maybach in Thailand. The topic has been archived, so I cannot add a reply to that topic anymore. At that time, the price stated ranged, according to model from €366'934 - 492'602. One Maybach was shown at the auto show Bangkok in 2009 and when one of our members asked for the price, he was told 100 M Baht and it was sold already. You could probably buy a Phenom 100 business jet for this kind of money. Well, Maybach closed down in 2011 apparently, but now they are back with their first new model called Mercedes-Maybach S600, Strange enough the price is much lower, 187'841 Euro for the 6 litre model and 135'053 Euros for the S500. Much lower than 5/6 years ago. It sure is a lot of money, but what a car! Have a look at this video. As I don't know how to embed a video here, I just added a link. I hope it works,

Nice review. Mercedes is playing it smart by offering the two new models at way cheaper prices and I agree with both presenters, there should be a Maybach hood emblem. I laughed when she was talking about 'Bling Bling' :)

If you live in America you don't need so deep pockets like in Thailand. In Naples, FL there is a beautiful 2004 Maybach 57 for sale for just $75'000 with just 57k miles, thats about 2.8 million Thai Baht ... a real bargain for a Maybach. Just impossible in Thailand. The Royal Thai Customs would re-assess the price at their discretion and slap 600% tax (I think it is) on it. Still there are some Maybachs here. Now you can guess who can afford them. See this beauty here under.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84O6Z9hClk

Edited by Dario

It´s just s500/600 with added maybach logos thats why cheaper than the original.

If you have seen the interior of the Maybach, you know, it's completely different. Also the Maybach is stretched and larger than the normal S Class.