Looking for a VW Beetle..?

paulbrun

Rot Dtao.. Many around CNX... I know of a guy with a yard full of them in various states.. Everything is always for sale there at the right price but he pitched high to me..

Lots of fun things can be built off the VW platform.. Baja bugs.. Framed sandrail style buggys.. SWB hot rod beach buggy.. Etc.. I had a beach buggy when late teens and always have a soft spot for hot rod bugs.

Also very possible to put a copy porsche 356 body shell on for not much money.. Given the total lack of cheap rear wheel drive fun cars its one I have been mulling..

There are usually two or three really nice ones parked just south of the NE corner -(inner) moat. Could ask there as someone is obviously an enthusiast. I had a black 1951n model in good condition. Sold it for $25. Please don't tell me what it would be worth now - I feel tired of living as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was out and about in the area just south of the Arcade Bus Station, and I saw a repair shop that had nothing but VWs...5, 6, 7, 8 of them, maybe more. Obviously this shop specializes in Volkswagens.

I'm attaching a dated Google streetview shot of the corner where the shop is located. If you look close through the picket fence in the streetview you can glimpse a car somewhere in there. Today, however, the garage was much busier with quite a few VWs of varying ages and conditions.

It's one block off the Superhighway frontage road on Tung Hotel Road, Soi 4.

http://goo.gl/maps/opNgN

Another garage with VW Beetles is near the Phu Fah estate San Pak Wan/ MaiHia area. Head out of the city south on the Hangdong road past airport plaza until you reach the junction at Big C Homepro. Turn left here and after 500m or so you will come to a U-turn adjacent a football pitch. Turn right at the u-turn and head back in the direction of hangdong road. About 150m from this u-turn is a small soi on your left hand side which will take you to the Phu Fah housing estate. Beetles across from the Phu Fah entrance.

• Like 1