trade in car

rickthailand

Generally on older cars dealers just act as a go between for the tent dealers. At least that's what happened on my truck trade in. Dealer organized a meeting . we had agreed a price in principal. The guy looked over the truck and paid me the money there and then. It was actually quite exiting to have 160k paid in a petrol station carpark

I don't know of any new car dealers that will buy your old car. They usually ring a tent dealer, or sometimes they can be at the new car dealership, and they will make you an offer on your old car, so it's not really a trade-in as such. I was offered 200,000 baht on my 10 year old Isuzu DMax, but in the end sold it to the wife's family for the same price.

Edited by giddyup

• 1 month later...

Maybe you've already got rid of your motor rick, but if not it's worth a try on some of the Thai language online classifieds, we were offered between 320k and 340k from the Volvo and bmw dealership for our 7 + year old 3.0 vigo d4d four door, against a new bmw or a new Volvo, we sold the vigo in less than 24 hours on Thai online classifieds site for 400k

Edited by jonnyscot