Chicken Strips!

Shurup

There seem to be a lot of guys here doing track days and on the other hand some appear to be done it all gods on 2 wheels...

One idiom comes to mind: "put your money where your mouth is". Lets see some pictures of puss chicken strips.

I'll start. The rear tyre is 240/45.

post-111234-0-82545700-1424791043_thumb.

Interesting topic Shurup.

Look at the video I posted on the other thread (Fabulous, just Fabulous). At 2:06, you can see Lorenzo's tyres - even the front don't have any more chicken strips.

On the roads in Bangkok, it's pretty much impossible to get rid of the chicken strips completely of course. Up North, on the Samoeng loop, MHS loop, you can get it down to almost nothing.

The interesting thing as well is that by hanging off the bike, you keep the bike more upright. This is in fact safer than just leaning the bike without positioning the body but that means you will still be left with some chicken strips.

• Like 1

All because you aren't using all the rubber, edge to edge, does it mean that you're a squid by any definition. smile.png

Only if you think you're hot sh!t but aren't using all the rubber from edge to edge.

I know I am not the best rider I don't use all the rubber...take that as you will.

Yes Jim biggrin.png I've seen the video and it's amazing, simply amazing, especially so in the slow motion! Those guys probably wear out their tire sides so much more than the central section.

The interesting thing as well is that by hanging off the bike, you keep the bike more upright. This is in fact safer than just leaning the bike without positioning the body but that means you will still be left with some chicken strips.

That is simple physics, by hanging off the bike, you shift the center of gravity allowing the bike to ride more upright and taking the corners at the higher speeds.

I'm personally is not at that level to need to hang off my bike.

Edited by Shurup

I just got done with the Bangkok to Nakhon Sawan run...not a curve in sight....

Sure it's nearly impossible to get rid of the strips in BKK and central Thailand almost everyone goes on occasional trip up North or do some track days, tire wear will stay, but maybe harder to notice the strips if the wear isn't recent?

After a day trip to Khao Yai on stock Bridgestones

post-68756-0-00419100-1424852516_thumb.j

Was still the same after a trackday at KK a few weeks later (was still running in the bike)

Jim

Edit: forgot my name

Edited by draftvader
Image resizing to help forum formatting

Jim, your oversized picture screwed up the page formatting, I hate horizontal scrolling. sad.png

But this is very impressive nevertheless.

Will the tire width/height make a difference? I think it's harder to achieve something like this on a taller and narrower tire? What is your tire size?

Edited by Shurup

All because you aren't using all the rubber, edge to edge, does it mean that you're a squid by any definition. smile.png

Only if you think you're hot sh!t but aren't using all the rubber from edge to edge.

I know I am not the best rider I don't use all the rubber...take that as you will.

Are you agreeing, having a go at me or being rhetorical? :)

Jim, your oversized picture screwed up the page formatting, I hate horizontal scrolling. sad.png

Will the tire width/height make a difference? I think it's harder to achieve something like this on a taller and narrower tire? What is your tire size?

1997 called and wants their monitor back....

Are you agreeing, having a go at me or being rhetorical? smile.png

I don't know. If you were being serious than I guess I was disagreeing. In my mind a squid is someone who thinks they are much better than what they are (and usually rides unsafely) and aren't afraid to tell the world how good they think they are. So chicken stripes (sorry I can't call them strips) on someone who posts up how good of a rider they are exposes them as a squid. Chicken stripes in and of themselves don't prove that a person is a squid though as there may be reasons (such as being admittedly not a good rider or not having any curves to safely scrub them away) for the chicken stripes to be there.

LOL, 1366x768 is the display resolution of the most common laptops that's been produced in the last 5(???) years.

bleh.

I've been using this macbook pro retina 13 (with opensuse naturally) and even going back to my Lenovo 15" that has 1920x1080 has me gagging. I can't believe that they still sell such low rez displays.

Also the Note 4 display is really nice!

Yes Jim biggrin.png I've seen the video and it's amazing, simply amazing, especially so in the slow motion! Those guys probably wear out their tire sides so much more than the central section.

That is simple physics, by hanging off the bike, you shift the center of gravity allowing the bike to ride more upright and taking the corners at the higher speeds.

You will need to at the track my friend. After all, you don't want to be overtaken by ER6's do you? 55

Sorry about that. Don't know why that happens though - it was a picture taken with an iPhone.

The stock rear on the Ninja is a 190/50. RSD has a lot of information about tyres sizes and profiles. Maybe he can chip in with some information as to whether this makes a difference?

You will need to at the track my friend. After all, you don't want to be overtaken by ER6's do you? 55

Way back in 2006/2007 I ran my old carb'd CBR 150 at the go kart track they had behind Seacon Square on Srinarkarin. Now it was a a go kart track, and I was even less of a rider than I am now, but some of those twists and goes were passing me in the corners. A bit embarrassing....

I want to put some more miles on this bike and tune the suspension a bit before I decide to take it to the track, it's still too new for me to push the limits.

LOL, 1366x768 is the display resolution of the most common laptops that's been produced in the last 5(???) years.

bleh.

I've been using this macbook pro retina 13 (with opensuse naturally) and even going back to my Lenovo 15" that has 1920x1080 has me gagging. I can't believe that they still sell such low rez displays.

I'm not an Apple user and this is my work laptop that travels with me everywhere, didn't really have a choice.

My home PC is full HD monitor but I hardly ever use it as it's at "home" in Canada.

Sure my phones are both full HD but I prefer a larger screen with real keyboard.

bleh.

I'm not an Apple user and this is my work laptop that travels with me everywhere, didn't really have a choice.

My home PC is full HD monitor but I hardly ever use it as it's at "home" in Canada.

Sure my phones are both full HD but I prefer a larger screen with real keyboard.

Yeah...trying to use the forum on a phone is a bad experience.