Email Notifications on quoted posts

Costas2008

For the past 3-4 days I've stopped getting any Email to notify me that somebody is quoting a post of mine.

I still get an Email if somebody Likes my post.

I've checked with notification settings and the box is still ticked.

I'm using Chrome.

Do you think that this is a problem on my side or the TV side?

I would appreciate your help.

Many Thanks.

Costas2008, I understand that you are talking about the settings on your PC, marked in red in the screenshot below:

post-21260-0-79849100-1424899645_thumb.j

I don't have this setting myself, and I'd like to hear from others who have it if they experience the same problem. I plan to make test on it myself with my test account Maestro_2.

My notification settings for somebody quoting my posts are now exactly like in the screenshot shown in the above post. I am posting this reply to see if I will get an email notification when my post gets quoted.

Part two of this test: Let us see if Maestro_2 gets an email notification regarding this reply I am posting.

My notification settings for somebody quoting my posts are now exactly like in the screenshot shown in the above post. I am posting this reply to see if I will get an email notification when my post gets quoted.

Part two of this test: Let us see if Maestro_2 gets an email notification regarding this reply I am posting.

I don't know how fast I should be getting the email notification, but until now I haven't got it.

I've now made the same notification setting on my account, to see what happens.

Quoting your post so that you can see if you get your notification.

I've received no email notification. Will make a root admin aware of this topic.

I've now made the same notification setting on my account, to see what happens.

Quoting your post so that you can see if you get your notification.

I've received no email notification. Will make a root admin aware of this topic.

Maestro, seems to be that nobody is listening to us.

Nothing has been done, still don't get notification Emails.

Hope you or somebody else will see this as you can't get Email notifications on quoted posts either.

I'm wondering if 'someone' making code changes for the iOS/android apps accidentally caused the notification routine to exit/clear prematurely?

The WEB interface is only informing me of 'likes'.

The last 'quoted post' notification noted in the web interface was made on 2015-02-17 07:50:06

The WEB interface DIDN'T even make a record of the quoted post someone made TODAY:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/804902-popcorn-movie-site/#entry9137587

I'm having to use the url "Content I Follow" to see if anyone has quoted me.

We have opened a support ticket with the software vendor, hopefully they get back to us quick.

Have you checked your spam filter/spam folder?

Thanks George.

Spam folder is empty.

I have just noticed the same issue - but it was okay last week?

We have opened a support ticket with the software vendor, hopefully they get back to us quick.

Have you checked your spam filter/spam folder?

Any news on a fix on this yet?

I am still not receiving mails when any of my posts are quoted. Thanks.

Costas2008, I understand that you are talking about the settings on your PC, marked in red in the screenshot below:

attachicon.gifNotification setting on PC.jpg

I don't have this setting myself, and I'd like to hear from others who have it if they experience the same problem. I plan to make test on it myself with my test account Maestro_2.

I have ticked the box for notification if someone quotes my post but I am not receiving this in my notification list. This has been happening for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if maestro & maestro2 are somehow related lol

Yes, they are. I use Maestro_2 when I try to check out a problem and for this purpose need to see the Thaivisa pages the same way a regular member sees them.

Having the same issue for some time now. I have my notification options set to be notified through the notification list only and not by email. I get notified for likes fine though.

Edited by kotsak

Hope you or somebody else will see this as you can't get Email notifications on quoted posts either.

Quoting these posts to see if the Forum Quoted Post Notification is back up and working. Did you get a notification Costas?

Though... this effort might as well be a note stuffed in a bottle and thrown into the sea as I doubt Costas or Maestro would ever respond. Actually, Costas would probably burn the note and reuse the bottle for micro-brew beer.

Quoting these posts to see if the Forum Quoted Post Notification is back up and working. Did you get a notification Costas?

Though... this effort might as well be a note stuffed in a bottle and thrown into the sea as I doubt Costas or Maestro would ever respond. Actually, Costas would probably burn the note and reuse the bottle for micro-brew beer.

Did you get my quoted post notification.

I believe it has been disabled.

If you give a like it is notified.

Did you get my quoted post notification.

I believe it has been disabled.

If you give a like it is notified.

I've received 2 "New Reply To" emails since 1836 Hrs April 3, but only from one member. Otherwise, have received notice of just the likes (as has been the case for everyone commenting).

I had hoped the entire system had been repaired. But, alas, the system has yet to inform me of RipStanley text quoting me so he continues to go unnoticed, just another foreigner with a comment no-one knows to reads. Though, to be honest, this may be normal for him.

So I guess the 2 email notifications I received was an anomaly.

After some research, this may be due to a tapatalk plugin gone wrong. I have sent a note to ThaiVisa Support with links and requesting it be forwarded to George.

Tapatalk is supposed to be crating an updated hook this week (but still receiving feedback).

So... NO UPDATE on the issue yet.