Legal Mp3 Site

micheal

OK...

I have tried several (ITUNES, RHAPSODY etc etc)

and none of them allow me to use the sites in LOS.

Anyone know of any good sites with a wide range that allow sign up from Thailand?

I guess at worst i could get someone to create an account for me in the UK and then use it here but surely it cant be immpossible to get an account here?

Guest Reimar
OK...

Anyone know of any good sites with a wide range that allow sign up from Thailand?

I guess at worst i could get someone to create an account for me in the UK and then use it here but surely it cant be immpossible to get an account here?

Why not?

Go to google.com, search for a legal MP3 site go there and sign up! The only problem maybe the payment with CCard!

OK...

Why not?

Go to google.com, search for a legal MP3 site go there and sign up! The only problem maybe the payment with CCard!

Beat me to it. Do a google. Should be a few sites on there. Or there is always other ways. :o

thats the whole point...i DID google after trying the obvious ones...and have become cheesed of with getting most of the way through varied registration processes to find that you cannot sign up without living in the USA (usually)...

There are LOADS of sites claiming to be legal but then they appear to be based in the Ukraine and when i check them out they are listed as illegal sites by Symantec...

So does anyone have any real suggestions...

There was some russian site that did a brisk business, <snip>.

I bet they won't require you to be in the US. They don't let you download any stuff for free if your ISP is not Russian either.

Edited by Totster

Guest Reimar

Plus:

Michael is looking for legal sites only. I don't believe that russian sites is legal!

And here on the board we're not allowed to submitt illegal links!

Apparently it's not illegal to sell mp3s in Russia. When I was searching for the site name - google "mp3 russia" - there was a link to a BBC story how prosecutors dropped the case against the company. Russian copyright laws cover only physical media - CDs and DVDs. I don't know if it's illegal to BUY it off there, I didn't read the whole article carefully

Downloading songs off the internet can be a time consuming affair and not all will be perfect sound especially from Russia, from which I have downloaded in the past. They are also full of viruses.

Pantip Plaza & Fortune Arcade have latest hits MP3 cd's cheap with up to 12 albums on 1 cd. 150bht.

A friend bought a secondhand Hard drive that was full of MP3's that must have come from a radio station. I went out and bought an new 250GB external hard drive for 5600bht and now I have an endless list of songs old and new.

I've removed a couple of posts..

Please do not discuss the use of proxies

I would also suggest that if anyone has any links to legal sites please use another way to communicate them, as we do not want to be responsible for links that lead to sites that could possibly be operating in a grey area or illegally.

Thanks

totster

The "Russian Site" has stood up to a few legal challenges over the past year, and I don't think it's fair to classify that as an illegal site.

In fairness to the frequent prosecution, this site does require users to state that they are Russian, or downloading from Russia, so you would have to lie to be able to use the services.

Aside from that, your only option is to get a credit card in a country that has legal downloads available.

Edited by tjo o tjim

I am not sure what music you want to down load, but there is a lot available in the News Groups.

I use Athena who give me 1 Gb of download per day

for $5.95 a month. I do not have any problem paying them by credit card

• 2 years later...
OK...

Try this website:

mp3obsession.com

They have loads of legal mp3 download sites listed and they are cheap.

Good Luck :o

I am not sure what music you want to down load, but there is a lot available in the News Groups.

I use Athena who give me 1 Gb of download per day

for $5.95 a month. I do not have any problem paying them by credit card

Newsgroups? I thought the OP asked for legal sites ..... :D

To be honest, I don't see why anyone would bother with legal sites? Feel better about them if you pay? Getting them in the not-so-legal way is so easy and my conscience never turns against me ... :o

Furthermore, what's the use of that mp3obsession.com site? They just link to Russian sites as discussed before. Why pay if they are just as illegal as Rapidshare and the such.

Edited by sniffdog