No departure card in passport

murni

My husband returned from the UK in January and we have only just noticed (whilst I was photocopying for 90 days reporting) there is no departure card in his passport. He went through immigration at Bangkok.

He was very ill when he returned and didn't check to see if it was there.

Is he going to get a huge fine?

Thanks for your help

I believe that it's a simple matter to fix. Immigration Chiang Mai is your friend. Go there and explain and they will check the computer system and raise a new card for you. Very little cost from what I've been told.

That sounds like good advice.

If it was me, I'd do it with the help of an immigration cop and get the card stamped with the departure date.

Immigration wouldn't give me one - they said that it was a non-issue, simply fill a departure card in at the airport. I asked if there was any penalty or risk if stopped by the police - and was told a firm NO.

When I left the country next I did exactly what I was told, went to CNX, presented myself to immigration, was handed a card, filled it in, handed it over, and was gone.

Information correct as of January 2015.

• Like 1

I've lost mine around 8 months ago. When I went for the 90 day, I explained it to the officer who said "no problem" and I was not given a new arrival card.

Went for another 90 day last week and nobody really cared for the card.

No drama.

No fines or death penalties involved.

Without the card he will have problems extending his visa and doing the 90 day reports as the card is required to be attached to his passport with an appropriate photo copy.

But please don't panic Mr Mainwaring, all is not lost. Chiang Mai Immigration hold blanks of these TM.JB cards. Visit Immigration and ask for a blank card. Fill in the flight number he arrived on, plus his passport number, place of issue and date of issue. Nationality and signature. That`s it he`s done. Easy, peasy.

He needs the number from his orginal departure card, also, to be written on the replacement card. CM Immigration can look this up on their computer system for people who are long-stayers and need the TM6 card for 90 day reports, visa extensions, etc. For tourists they just tell them to wait until they get to the airport and fill out a new one and then it's looked up by the immigration official who processes them out of the country.

There is no charge for this at CM Immigration, but it would be good to go at a less busy time -- say 11 am or 2 pm.

Edited by NancyL

You have to go to the Immigration Office inside Airport, and ask for a copy of your original arrival card, they have all arrivals in their database..

It's his departure card he's missing.

Having looked at mine only yesterday, It has a stamp put on it by immigration before they hand it, and your passport, back to you (or at least mine has).

Edited by Chicog