I Know Ive Done A Silly Thing .....

Just did a silly thing, had to go home in a Rush and leave Thailand ( I had a Non O extended for one year as a married to a Thai support Visa ) but I forgot to get a re-entry stamp,

and left Thailand , but theres more... I had some problems back home and by the time I could get back to Thailand , my Non O

visa had run out of time, ( I know what you are going to say !! ) so here I am back in Thailand with a Toutist Visa issued by the airport Immigration

So is it possibel to convert my Tourist Visa some how back to a Non O Visa and then apply to extend it to a Thai support Visa again I am over 50 years of age ( and should have known better !! ) , Ive got the wife, ive got the money, Etc , what do I have to do..?

Thanks in Hope .......Razor

...so here I am back in Thailand with a Toutist Visa issued by the airport Immigration...
If you had indeed a “Tourist visa” you could go to the local immigration office, change it to a non-O, then apply for extension.

However, the 30-day stamp you got at the airport when you entered without a valid visa cannot be changed to a non-O visa.

Too bad! You need to go to a Thai consulate in the region (Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore) and get a single-entry non-O, then apply for your extension at the immigration office.

--------------

Maestro

You need a real visa so a trip out to a Consulate with marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card is in order. Most Consulates will issue a single entry non immigrant O visa on that and you can do the extension process again. If the Consulate does not want to issue you can accept a normal tourist visa and convert that at Immigration with an extra step and 2,000 baht. If you do that (tourist visa) you should visit Immigration soon after your return to start the process.

Thanks ... for the replys

lopburi3 have I got this right... The stamp I received at Bangkok airport is only a permission to stay

30 day's and its not a Visa,

So as its not a tourist Visa ,and it cannot be converted to a Non O Visa , So it looks like the only way to regain my Non O , ( then extend it for a year , for a support / Married to a Thai ) is to leave Thailand alone ( no wife with me ) and apply at a Thai Consulate say in Penang , and take our marriage certificate and copy of wife's ID card ( would I have to take any thing showing bank accounts / Money in Thailand ...? )

and there apply for a Non O Visa , on the grounds of being married to a Thai national. If I am refused a Non O visa , I can then while there apply for a Tourist visa, that means I can return to Thailand with a new real Tourist Visa , and go stright to Thai Immigration and apply for a Non O Visa on the grounds of being Married to a Thai National ..?

have I missed any thisg ..........?

Thanks Razor

That is right. But there is no law that you can not take the wife with you. Might make a nice vacation.

I do not believe most will require more than marriage paperwork/id card copy but never hurts to have bank information. That does seem to be looked at for multi entry these days; but you do not need that. The reason you are obtaining visa is to visit wife (and start the extension process - again).

Thanks ..........lopburi3

Well its looks as If I am off on a trip to Penang , I have searched this Forum for Info on obtaining a Visa from Penang, and found out a few things , knowing you are the person to ask, can you

piont me in the right direction may be to a topic page where theres step by step advice on getting there , and tips on obtaining a visa from Penang ..? Etc

Many Thanks for your help

Razor

The Royal Thai Consulate is in a residential area of the city of Georgetown on the Island of Penang. There is air service from Bangkok daily by AirAsia and Thai. Applications for visa are made in morning and picked up next business day after 2 PM. Consulates observe both Thai and Malay holidays. Payment must be made in local currency. Two passport size photos will be required. Application can be done by agents in Georgetown saving the taxi fares (about the same price). Agents most used are in front of Swiss Hotel in the backpacker area. A good business class hotel that many use is Hotel Continental on Penang Street. Cost is about 1,000 baht per day.

If time is not important you can also fly or bus to Hat Yai and take share taxi or van or bus or train. You can also take train from Bangkok to Butterworth (20 minute ferry ride to Penang).

Just did a silly thing, had to go home in a Rush and leave Thailand ( I had a Non O extended for one year as a married to a Thai support Visa ) but I forgot to get a re-entry stamp,

and left Thailand , but theres more... I had some problems back home and by the time I could get back to Thailand , my Non O

visa had run out of time, ( I know what you are going to say !! ) so here I am back in Thailand with a Toutist Visa issued by the airport Immigration

So is it possibel to convert my Tourist Visa some how back to a Non O Visa and then apply to extend it to a Thai support Visa again I am over 50 years of age ( and should have known better !! ) , Ive got the wife, ive got the money, Etc , what do I have to do..?

Thanks in Hope .......Razor

Hi Razor

I feel sorry for you as I have been there and done that and the only answer for myself came out as you dumbsh1t. I wish I hadn't done that.

If you follow lopburi3 instructions you will be fine.

However like me you won't do that again.

When it is all over and you have your Thai support visa go around and collect a multi re-entry visa for 3,800 baht and then perhaps you will be able to sleep comfortably at night.

Even if you are not plannig of leaving Thailand between visa applications it is worth 3,800 baht.

Edited by billd766

Hi ...geoffphuket

As you can see by my post , I am not sure yet which type of Visa I will be able to get at

Penang ( Non O or if refused a Tourist ) which class of visa did you get ..? did you use an

agent ..? and any tip's please

Razor