Former CIB commissioner Pongpat gets 15 years more in jail

webfact

Oh how the mighty have fallen... the higher they're, the harder they fall, this is what happened when one

incur the wreath of the invincible and the powerful people......

ezzra, please let's be sensible now......

Not, the wreath of the invincible and the powerful people but the Damocles sword of justice in the hands of the present government.

They are delivering and keeping the law alive.

What a contrast from the previous governments............................

The Greek myth of Damocles has nothing to do with Justice, nor Athena. This is no contrast from any previous governments. It is an isolated case that was selectively enforced for reasons that are not allowed to be discussed in Thailand, although foreign newspapers have covered the charade in detail. The only thing delivered was a whale-sized red herring with a large helping of pompous hubris on the side, and keeping their version of injustice as law... alive...like a zombie is alive.

Costas, with your myth mangling miasma, do you even study the profound myths of the Greeks, much less are you actually Greek?

Can you take me Higher?

To a place where blind men see

Can you take me Higher?

To a place with golden streets (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/creed/higher.html)

That's all I can say on the topic?

• 1 month later...

I know the thread is a month old, but a little update:

Pongpat, Kamnan Poh among 178,000 to get royal pardons

Convicted “Godfather of Chon Buri” and disgraced policeman Pongpat Chayapan are among 178,000 prisoners whose sentences have been reduced or ended under a royal pardon issued by His Majesty the King to mark Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s 60th

Source:http://news.check.media/thailand/?p=3000

He was sentenced a month ago, among the things he was accused of was LM.

And now because of a royal birthday, he get his sentence reduced.

Indeed a very strange country!!

Pongpat, Kamnan Poh among 178,000 to get royal pardons

indexed: March 31st, 2015 | by: newsthailand | in: News Thailand

-

His reform of the RTP has amounted to knocking off undesirable "connected" people for reasons other than corruption.

His reform of the political process has been to indefinitely postpone it and when resurfaces will undoubtedly be controlled by a body of appointed people selected to serve the long standing Central Thailand elite.

Oh that's right, he's temporarily run off some grungy jet ski operators who will return just as any liquid falls to the lowest possible depths.

Mr. Happy is a crackin good gent! And yes, like no other before him. Just ask the teachers who suddenly had to test their students on his command and incorporate the results in their evaluation books. Just ask the students who have to now forego a real subject like English or Math to study the all important 12 values.

Now that has never before been seen round these parts!!!

Genuine question. Was Maths and English really removed to allow students to study the 12 values?

According to my pal the teacher, they cut a three hour a week English grammar class by one hour to make room for the course. That was mid year. He also says they threw in a year end exam for certain levels that was mandated to be part of their final overall grade, so they had to delay their grading books to supervise these exams, grade them, and then find a place to put the scores into the grade books. This was mandated a week before finals week, no planning, no notice

!

Plus ca change, plus c''est la meme chose. When I worked in Thailand almost twenty years ago, they did exactly the same thing to us. A different arbitrary and absurd reason, but the same thoughtless ignorance and autocracy with zero notice. It's hopeless, really it is.

Oh how the mighty have fallen... the higher they're, the harder they fall, this is what happened when one

Not, the wreath of the invincible and the powerful people but the Damocles sword of justice in the hands of the present government.

Keeping the law alive but very selectively.

if you believe that this is about justice or fighting corruption, then you have not been paying attention in class, Mr Costas... wink.png

if you believe that this is about justice or fighting corruption, then you have not been paying attention in class, Mr Costas... wink.png

And yet, a proven corrupt criminal has gone to jail. Tell me again how the motivation for the prosecution makes this a bad thing to happen

And yet, a proven corrupt criminal has gone to jail. Tell me again how the motivation for the prosecution makes this a bad thing to happen

are you ignorant of the situation, wilfully ignorant of the situation, or baiting another poster with that question?

I put my money on baiting...

[quote name="rametindallas" post="9122634" timestamp="1424964294"

Another long-dormant member crawls out from under a rock to comment. Where have you been for the last seven years? You joined in 2007 and only 321 posts?

Dense I believe

After all these years, is that all you have to contribute?

Come, come, Rametindallas. No need for a respected senior member to be so hostile towards a fellow member.

So what if another poster seldom posts his opinion? Your reposte would hardly encourage him to post more often.

What if he happened to have posted something with which you agree - would you have berated him then?

Perchance you are belittling him for holding contrairian views, rather than for his relative inactivity.