Phuket road closures for Phuket Old Town Festival

webfact

Phuket road closures for Phuket Old Town Festival
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1424930163_1-org.jpg
The roads marked in yellow will be closed from 3pm until midnight from today (February 26) to Saturday (February 28).

Phuket: -- As part of the Chinese New Year celebrations, and to mark the opening of the three-day Phuket Old Town Festival, a parade will be passing through Phuket Town from 4pm today (February 26) meaning that five roads in the town (Thalang Rd, Phang Nga Rd, Krabi Rd, Phuket Rd and Thepkassattri Rd (from the Tuopo intersection to Taewnam) will be closed Phuket to traffic from 3pm-midnight.

The roads will also be closed during the same hours on Friday (February 27) and Saturday (February 28). Please look outr for a photo special in the March 6 issue of The Phuket News.

Class Act Media is prould to be a sponsor of this event.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-road-closures-for-phuket-old-town-festival-51167.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-26

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Democracy at its best.

This makes no sense to me.

Anyone know what the symbols of two people - green and pink - mean on the map?

Nice question, no idea. Could add black as well, also black images of people on the map.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Democracy at its best.

This makes no sense to me.

Anyone know what the symbols of two people - green and pink - mean on the map?

Nice question, no idea. Could add black as well, also black images of people on the map.

The commercial sales show in town now as so many others lately, benefit a few but hinder the majority of local people to get around due to celebrations of a New Year which for the Thai Chinese in Phuket actually was finished 24. February, and only 19-21 is recognized as statutory holiday. That's not a democratic way to honour a foreign New year, its solely to capitalize on the culture and people already confused enough about hiarki vs democracy.

I visited the festival yesterday. There was huge amount of people enjoying the colourful event. All those roads were full of people.

Local restaurants, art galleries etc. were enjoying the added customers and visitors from Phuket and other places.

I also finally met my artistic hero, the person behind Chai Batik art in Phuket. His works (with background lights) are on display on one of the side roads of Phang Nga road. There was also a slightly hilarious street performance, where a man played metalish music, while another man created painted art.

Altogether, this is one of the best events in Phuket, along with CNY and Vegetarian festival.

I'm also unable to decode those symbols printed on the map.