What happened to ThaiVisa home page?

worgeordie

It was changed to the new news.thaivisa website. It seems much more structured and organized then before with the key topics readily available. I find it an improvement myself.

Moving to Forum Support as this is not Chiang Mai specific.

Liked the old start page much more as one could access the various forums right away.

Now its click and scroll.

Is TV now trying to compete with Bangkok Post and Nation ??

The forum root page has not changed and is still http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/ where all forums are available at a glance. Only the Thaivisa portal page has changed.

I'm still not clear what members are seeing that has changed. The below are the two main links.

This is to the Thaivisa root page (not forum) - www.thaivisa.com and that is now re-directed to the new news.thaivisa.com site

This is the Thaivisa forum root and has had no changes to it - www.thaivisa.com/forum

Myself, my home page is View New Content as I want to see what has been most recently updated.

It would indeed be useful if people gave the URL they are referring to when they talk about a link they have.

1. The home page or top level page or root page, the URL for which is thaivisa.com, is indeed temporarily not accessible while it is being redesigned and during this temporary period a redirect is made to news.thaivisa.com
  2. One poster in this topic mentioned that he "liked the old start page much more as one could access the various forums right away". He did not give the URL of the page he has in mind but from his description it can only be thaivisa.com/forum, which is the top page of the forums. The page for this URL has not changed. If you use the URL thaivisa.com and land on news.thaivisa.com, you can click on FORUM in the black link bar at the top and you arrive at the usual thaivisa.com/forum. Also on the old, temporarily unavailable thaivisa.com we had to click on a link, a large Thaivisa Forum icon, to get to thaivisa.com/forum
  3. If from any page on the forums you want to return to thaivisa.com/forum, click on the Thaivisa Forum logo near the top left of the screen. This link has been there for a long time and has not changed its function.

I'm still not clear what members are seeing that has changed. The below are the two main links.

This is to the Thaivisa root page (not forum) - www.thaivisa.com and that is now re-directed to the new news.thaivisa.com site

This is the Thaivisa forum root and has had no changes to it - www.thaivisa.com/forum

Myself, my home page is View New Content as I want to see what has been most recently updated.

Simply the redirection to the news page which according to Maestro is temporary?

I have only really been interested in some Thailand news and my local forum, as Beng said, I get my international news from other sources. The original page, ThaiVisa.com , took me to exactly where I wanted to be.