Is street food chicken free of hormones?

Chicagoan

I'm tired of being sick. Stopped eating from any street vendors, gaew gang set ups or wet market take away. I shop at Tops or supermarkets for prepared food or ingredients to cook myself or eat at clean food courts and proper restaurants. I grew up where the health department insists on hygenic standards like refrigeration, prepared foods stored at a hot temperature. Dishes, glassware and utensils washed properly. I've seen street vendors using algae green water, from 5 liter water bottles, which they use for years. Forget about hormones. Amebic dysentery and E Coli can kill you or damage your organs for life.

Round here we have so ,they use to say 3 million chickens,on big company farms ,and some independent farms over the past few years the industry has grown,I would say the figure is near 4 million, and they supply 3 chichen factories.

Out side one factory what do they sell, Gie-Yang, barbecued chicken,use to be rows of them now a few less ,I would suspect supply and demand,has cut in ,too many sellers,not enough buyers,where does the chicken come from, so I have been told out the back door,not making the grade,what should happen to it,legally and since bird flu, it should be destroyed.

A dairy farmer friend of mine ,you go there early in the morning you will see them cutting up chicen carcases,maranating them put them on skewers grill the and sell them at the front of the house ,and the local market that evening, the carcass ,come another chicken factory,more than likely illegal.

We rear a few cattle ,and make Nappier grass silage,I was driving past a farm near me and I could see there Nappier grass it did look well, it put mine to shame,so I called in they had some Blar Dok ponds,and they were pumping water from the ponds on to the gass, no wonder it was growing well,but in the corner was a <deleted> off mincer,powered by a 3 cylinder diesel engine I said what is that for ,he said mincing up dead chickens to feed the cat fish ,now that has got to be illegal.+ hormone build up?

Back to the OP if the above is happening round here,it is more than likely happening elsewhere + more,the street sellers are out to make money,and if someone is selling some cheap chicken, ie, out the back of a pickup, they will buy it and sell it,they are not bothered where it has come from, or about hormones .

Most home grown chicken will be the black very free range chickens you see on farms running around not a lot of money in selling them. you would know if you are eating one a bit on the tough side,but no hormones a TV member wrote a very good piece about the Thai farm chickens,last year,

Is there any free range chicken in LOS,?in our sense of the word, no homones ,other TV members would know.

Why are some people against hormones in animals and altered field foods.? Join the 21 century for heavens sake. We need to mutate a little to be able to keep up with the changing planet and universe.

Ahhh, all you sensitive farangs with your delicate tummies that cannot cope with a few unfamiliar bacteria because your lives have been sanitised since you were born.

OP is talking about hormones. Hormones = Bacteria?

best shut the f up thai boy or girl or at least try and engage brain b 4 opening mouth.Whats the average life expectancy here compared to the uk,?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Ahhh, all you sensitive farangs with your delicate tummies that cannot cope with a few unfamiliar bacteria because your lives have been sanitised since you were born.

best shut the ..... up thai boy or girl or at least try and engage brain b 4 opening mouth.Whats the average life expectancy here compared to the uk,?

Don't worry about that. Worry about whether the cooking oil has been recycled from restaurants using bleach, whether the plates have not been washed with cold water and a disgusting old rag, how long the chicken has been dead and lying around in the heat. Bon appetit!

As an alternative I just read about Nha Trang Vietnam as my next possible destination where you are "Never no more than 7 metres from a rat" - Enjoy Asia!!

Nha Trang I spent a few days there many years ago, first evening ate fell ill within five hours spent the next two days in the bathroom and bed violently sick. Recovered for our last night only to fall ill again after eating in another restaurant, ended up staying even longer than planned due to food poisoning.

I've eaten off the streets for years without any problem in fact the times that I have had food poisoning was when we ate in decent restaurants.

Amazing isn’t. ‘Thai bashing’ seems to be an institutional activity on this forum and the moment a Thai speaks back; someone is ready and waiting to shout him (or her) down!

Actually I agree with Asdecas. It’s my belief and modern research supports my view, that we in the developed world over-protect ourselves from the threats surrounding us. And our immune systems have weakened as a result. A little bit of exposure actually does us good, which is what we do when we have immunization shots.

And I do not agree that the sighting difference in life expectancy between the UK and Thailand is a fair comment. The difference is only about 6 years, 81 as opposed to 75 respectively (2012 WHO figures). Thailand actually stands quite well in world ranking in this regard. 75 years is quite good for a developing country.

So why the difference between Thailand and UK? Personally I would think that the lack of access to good medical care due to poverty and the excessive consumption of alcohol (especially local spirits) are the main culprits. Not ‘death by street food’.

• Like 1

best shut the f up thai boy or girl or at least try and engage brain b 4 opening mouth.Whats the average life expectancy here compared to the uk,?

Drunk or on drugs?

Impossible to be a 'natural' comment.

Sometimes the truth touches the rawest places for some.

The better question for the OP to ponder is:

Is ANY chicken sold commercially in Thailand free of hormones?

i don't think chicken get hormones. Far to costly, they do get antibiotics which probably are worse.
  • Like 1

You people are disgusting.

Why is that? I don't eat street food.

It was a reference to people that don't eat street food because they think Thais aren't clean enough.

So you think that basic hygiene is high on the list of priorities for the average Thai food vendor? Not just street vendors.

natural, what drugs are you on? or perhaps your ill or disabled ? my apologies if you are. And calling a group of people a name based on the color of their skin is called racist, dim wit:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

just like the bloke who was caught masterbating into a burger at mcdonalds in the states,,

people still go there,,,lol

ill just stick to rearing my own chickens,pigs,ducks,fish and anything else i want to eat,,,

be safe out there its a nasty world,,lol