Top Immigration official denies grounding planes at Suvarnabhumi in 'revenge'

webfact

Official Denies Grounding Planes at BKK Airport in 'Revenge'
By Khaosod English

14250168261425016959l.jpg
A file photo of an Airbus A380 airplane operated by Thai Airways taking off at Suvarnabhumi Airport [photo provided by Thai Airways].

BANGKOK — A top immigration official has denied allegations that he deliberately grounded planes at Bangkok's international airport because of a personal vendetta.

"I think it was a misunderstanding," said immigration police commander Pol.Maj.Gen. Suwitpol, in response to the accusation that he ordered a 30-minute delay of all Thai Airways planes leaving from Suvarnabhumi airport on 25 February.

The allegation was posted on Pantip, one of the most popular web-forums in Thailand, by an anonymous individual who claimed to be a Thai Airways employee and a witness of the incident.

According to the posts, Pol.Maj.Gen. Suwitpol demanded to see his wife off at the departure gate, and became angry when he was refused by staff who said he lacked security clearance. In an act of revenge, he ordered all Thai Airways planes to be delayed for 30 minutes the next day, the post alleged.

"It's really shameful that a man of great education and power thinks that was a way to solve problem," the poster wrote. "If you are so powerful, don't only bully Thai people. Try to show off your power at other airlines like Korean Airlines, Japan Airlines, IY [Yemen Airlines]. I want to know if you have the balls to do that."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425016826

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-27

What was the misunderstanding? Either he did or he did not, there can't be a misunderstanding.

BTW, If the other Airlines mentioned gave his wife cheap or free tickets and wouldn't let him in a restricted area, I'm sure he would of ordered them delayed also. He's only spiting the airline that made him lose face.

Yeah,and there are a lot of faceless people in Thailand!!!!
  • Like 1

This is a typical Thai story with high ranked police or immigration officers. Mostly they bought their rank, so they are enough rich ti think they can do anything. I hope they get bad kharma as well as they deserved. Shameful. Hope so the military government takes care of them.

• Like 2

trying to make his little pecker seem a lot bigger, seems to happen with quite a few thai men in higher positions, do what I want or I will screw you over big time because I can, what a joke these men are.

• Like 1

So has there EVER been any positive news reports about Thai Immigration Officers.

I never heard, read, or was told about one.

Anyways.

Aren't the brown shirts supposed to be responsible for all Non-Thais, or whatever is not born, made, or "assimilated" in the LOS???

A good candidate for an inactive post, way up north.

Erm, don't you mean way down SOUTH? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This immigration officer must be up for the Thainess of the Year award. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

One of the instructors of the new mandatory "Thainess" course for all farang teachers maybe?

Dumb questions. How can such a senior officer not have security clearance? How can an immigration police delay departing flights selectively ?

Something strange here.

yes something in the story missing or wrong.

If anyone bothered to read the whole article, he claims his wife didn't even travel on a TG flight on that day in question.

Whatever the case and not saying it didn't happen, but people shouldn't take anonymous articles posted on a web forum too seriously.

Dumb questions. How can such a senior officer not have security clearance? How can an immigration police delay departing flights selectively ?

Something strange here.

How to delay a flight selectively? When you hand over your passport and boarding pass, the immigration officer looks to see if it has luggage number butts, or asks if you have checked luggage, and then sits you in a room until after departure time. The flight is not allowed to leave with your luggage aboard, and finding and removing it takes some time.

Something strange here.

yes something in the story missing or wrong.

Maybe without boarding pass he could not enter the waiting area,

or they would not let him in the VIP lounge.

Guess that pissed him off

This could only happen in Thailand.

Me Me Me. I am important you are a nobody. If i want i can do and f... the rest of you.

Actually there was a similar incident in the USA last year

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/09/260980065/gov-christie-faces-traffic-jam-scandal

Just so we are clear, people with power exercise poor judgement all the time.

He should be fired for this little stunt though, what a c@&+