NLA chief defends the appointment of family members

Lite Beer

So as of 22 May 2014, all soldiers became political experts overnight, and at the same time their beach road watch selling family members became financial and economical advisers.

And we have to take this happiness dude serious?

Do you think it would be any better if an elected givernment rules this amazing country ?

there is a reason why this country has seen more coups than any other country in the world.... we Farang residents should be happy that we are allowed to experience such a lot of entertainment for free....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes the junta enthusiasts are here in force now with the standard argument--"Ignore the OP, let's talk about Thaksin!"
Is fast Eddie a junta enthusiast ?? Wow I didn't know.

Personally if the people have the required credentials I don't see a problem. If they are employed doing nothing then obviously a problem. It does happen all over the world in all governments so most of you are blathering just because it's this government! Fair enough.

I was in the USAF for twenty years, worked with many government people and offices, and can't think of a single instance of this happening I vaguely recall a sheriff in Bernalillo County New Mexico in the 1980's who tried to hire his wife for some position and who got in a lot of trouble for it. That's the closest I can come up with. In the US military attempting something like this would be a clear violation of conflict of interest regulations and a career killer.

Of course I'm sure you wouldn't post "It does happen all over the world in all governments..." without being able to provide examples. So, your examples are...?

We are not talking about military we are talking about politicians and politics.

When the PM is military and Chief of the NCPO group of millitary flag officers, most of his cabinet is military, and 51% of the House is military I think it's appropriate to say you are talking about the military when you talk about the government.

Well you would be wrong..

Yes the junta enthusiasts are here in force now with the standard argument--"Ignore the OP, let's talk about Thaksin!"

Personally if the people have the required credentials I don't see a problem. If they are employed doing nothing then obviously a problem. It does happen all over the world in all governments so most of you are blathering just because it's this government! Fair enough.

I was in the USAF for twenty years, worked with many government people and offices, and can't think of a single instance of this happening I vaguely recall a sheriff in Bernalillo County New Mexico in the 1980's who tried to hire his wife for some position and who got in a lot of trouble for it. That's the closest I can come up with. In the US military attempting something like this would be a clear violation of conflict of interest regulations and a career killer.

Of course I'm sure you wouldn't post "It does happen all over the world in all governments..." without being able to provide examples. So, your examples are...?

We are not talking about military we are talking about politicians and politics.

I worked closely with the government when I was in the military and this government is very military, so the question stands. You claim that this kind of nepotism happens all over the world in all governments. Can you give examples to support this claim? I certainly didn't observe any of this in my twenty years of service.

I worked closely with the government when I was in the military and this government is very military, so the question stands. You claim that this kind of nepotism happens all over the world in all governments. Can you give examples to support this claim? I certainly didn't observe any of this in my twenty years of service.

Already have!

Yet Yingluck got sacked for it!

When did Thaksin sack Yingluck?

What?

Well generally only an employer can sack somebody!

To use your own phrase "well you're wrong" big time here on this one, the courts dismissed Yingluck from her caretaker position in office and last time I checked, she wasn't an employee of the courts mate, and she was removed for moving some bloke, can't mind his name he was eventually reinstated and yet he was an employee of the government so she was within her rights to move him surely as that's exactly what's going on here.

Now I've also known many many people who refuse to employ family members as they're more prone to take the piss and I doubt Thailand is any different.

Why do they need assistants in the firsts place? Not up to the job? Laziness? Or scamming ?

Yet Yingluck got sacked for it!
When did Thaksin sack Yingluck?

What?

Well generally only an employer can sack somebody!

To use your own phrase "well you're wrong" big time here on this one, the courts dismissed Yingluck from her caretaker position in office and last time I checked, she wasn't an employee of the courts mate, and she was removed for moving some bloke, can't mind his name he was eventually reinstated and yet he was an employee of the government so she was within her rights to move him surely as that's exactly what's going on here.

Now I've also known many many people who refuse to employ family members as they're more prone to take the piss and I doubt Thailand is any different.

Why do they need assistants in the firsts place? Not up to the job? Laziness? Or scamming ?

" in replacing Thawil Pliensri with a person who was also a relative, she had thereby abused her power"

She replaced Thawil with a relative.

Already have!

"It does happen all over the world in all governments..."

No, you haven't. You have posted nothing to support this claim.

Prove me wrong--repeat your examples or at least tell us when and where they were provided.