Anyone still using the big black sat dish?

Caspersfriend

We used to get all of our TV through a ten foot motorised sat dish. Then when TrueVisions upgraded to HD we went over to the small dish and suffered their overpriced Platinum package for a while before we ditched them, and their repeats, now view everything via Internet.

As the big black monstrosity is still sitting there it would be handy to use it for the guest accommodation. Is it worth the bother as it would need to be moved and set up again?

Anyone [other than the resident comedians] any suggestions? English language movies and series preferably with subtitles. Thanks

so you are intending to use a big sat dish as guest accommodation ? sounds to me sort of like a similar project as converting a shipping container

for similar use please tell me i have read this all incorrectly laugh.png

In the sure knowledge that a certain faction would not take the post seriously I admit to leaving a very obvious lure.

STRIKE - first one out is a Clown fish clap2.gif

Wouldn't work too well in the rainy season anyway.

We used to get all of our TV through a ten foot motorised sat dish. Then when TrueVisions upgraded to HD we went over to the small dish and suffered their overpriced Platinum package for a while before we ditched them, and their repeats, now view everything via Internet.
As the big black monstrosity is still sitting there it would be handy to use it for the guest accommodation. Is it worth the bother as it would need to be moved and set up again?
Anyone [other than the resident comedians] any suggestions? English language movies and series preferably with subtitles. Thanks

Unless you're prepared to spring for another satellite subscription package I doubt you'll find many English language programming available in the Free-To-Air/FreeView channels available on the 10 or so satellites we can receive.

I would think that if you have everything working via the Internet that you'd just add that to the guest accommodation (maybe via an Android set top box). Probably cheaper to add a second Internet connection if you lack the bandwidth to support additional stream users.

Unless you're prepared to spring for another satellite subscription package I doubt you'll find many English language programming available in the Free-To-Air/FreeView channels available on the 10 or so satellites we can receive.

I would think that if you have everything working via the Internet that you'd just add that to the guest accommodation (maybe via an Android set top box). Probably cheaper to add a second Internet connection if you lack the bandwidth to support additional stream users.

Thanks. We have FO and so it wouldn't big a big job to loop a connection across for another Android box. I have searched around and haven't found any sat packages that are worth the subscription, for us anyway. I can plant some flowering climbers around the dish and turn it into a feature, of sorts, but it just seems such a waste.