Pizza Company opened a branch just around the corner from me ...

MrWorldwide

I made a huge load of lovely Farfalle pasta with Kalamatta Olives, Cayene Pepper, Lovely fresh tomatoes, capsicum, 10 year old red wine, olive oil etc etc its bloody good. I wish I could give you some as I have too much and don't like to keep it more than two days.

I implore you to spend some time making your own food, you will love it, learn more about food and health and it will be cheaper too and save loads on hospital bills!!! I am now happily at the point where I can whip up a Thai red or green curry without having to look at the recipe that tastes better than what I have had over there.

Tip: Make sure you buy a good quality wok it will last longer and food taste better.

Lucky you!

In a huge coincidence I just got back from walking to the Pizza Company location on the main road in Hua Hin near the clock tower. I thought I walked past it, so I came back, only to realize the metal gates were pulled down and the sign has been pulled off the front of the store. Damn. I bet they shipped everything up to you.

I'll have to check their other location in Market Village tomorrow.

Careful - some here dont seem to grasp that notthenation is satire. Of course, some here also dont know the meaning of that word, but that's a whole other thread in itself.

Some don't know what a real pizza should taste like and instead are happy to chuck down aberrations like 'Pizza' Company and similar, with ketchup preferably.

But of course, everybody has his own taste, but not all have good taste.

Each to their own. I don't mind the odd pizza from Pizza Hut or the likes but I am not the biggest pizza fan. Unsurprisingly the best pizza I ever had was in Italy at a restaurant in Pompei. Not a Pizza restaurant I hasten to add. I never knew pizza could be so good.

Where they lose me is when they stray from at least an attempt at seasoned Italian tomato sauce.

I might add that ketchup + extra sugar is not a suitable replacement. I did a thoroughly embarrassing spit-take the 1st time I bit into a Thai version of what appeared, on the surface, to be pizza.

Home made from-scratch pizza is the family's preference but we will eat and enjoy chain brands as well. Fortunately, the required ingredients have become easier to locate over the years except for decent pepperoni. If anyone does have a decent source for genuine Italian pepperoni please pass it along. The stuff available locally at Big C and Tesco/Lotus doesn't smell, taste or have the appearance of the real thing. The major advantage of DIY is we can have whatever we are in the mood for, cracker-crust to Sicilian style. I make a big batch of sauce a day ahead and freeze the excess in individual pizza topping quantities for later use. Now I'm hungry...

F1

Excuse my ignorance but I dont understand all the pizza terms youre using....cracker crust ?? Sicilian style etc etc.........perhaps you could send me a few samples of each and i can be educated. Thank you ;-)

What is the OP's problem, besides an avatar with a Thai girl having fake big boobs.

If you want real good wings, go to / or online order, ...

New York Pizza House on 3rd road.

... and I am not even an American.

Google, do not ask for the website (www) address.

NO FREE PROMOTION, WELL THE WINGS ARE GREAT

• Like 1

PC, Pizza Company and the other one Pizza something.

WORST expensive pizza's ever.

They lost the ball longtime ago, way to expensive and bad service. Pizza's get 90degree angle so all toppings are on 1 side.

Same as MacDonald website, order and arrive bill is 100-150 baht more.

KFC used to be great and cheap, but now they stopped serving French Fries (for delivery, 100% sure)

I want some fries with my chicken or whatever.

In Holland a cold counrty Mac and KFC/Burger King always have great milkshakes.

Why on earth do they not have milkshakes in a tropical hot country like Thailand, MUST BE THAI LOGIC

What is the OP's problem, besides an avatar with a Thai girl having fake big boobs.

If you want real good wings, go to / or online order, ...

New York Pizza House on 3rd road.

... and I am not even an American.

Google, do not ask for the website (www) address.

NO FREE PROMOTION, WELL THE WINGS ARE GREAT

1. I dont have a problem - I indicated that I like the BBQ chicken wings and that my favorite pizza actually comes from a restaurant on Buakhow. Absolutely no problem on either count.

2. Fake big boobs ? Thai girl ? Completely wrong on both counts, but who focuses that hard on an avatar ? Get a life.

3. I dont care if you're American, 'Thai' or Martian

Again, I cant believe the negativity this thread has sparked - OK, I can, this being ThaiVisa, but we're not talking about Islamic State or US gun laws here : its a thread about a pizza chain and the fact that they've opened a store near me. Lighten up, people.

Edited by MrWorldwide
  • Like 1

So there will be even more huge overweight people creeping around the town and more heart attacks !

Creeping ? Just exactly how does a 150kg human being 'creep' anywhere ? As for heart attacks, unless you work in the Thai health system I'm not sure why that's your problem. Back to those half-marathons, champ.

I went to that "Restaurant" once and only once when killing some time waiting for a bus in Ubon. Absolutely the worst pizza in the world, no idea. You are better off at the many smaller shops that sell pizza all over Thailand. Thais don't seem to mind eating garbage that franchise is full everywhere you go also the owner is an ultra right wing conservative hell bent on paying slave wages to his staff.

Worst pizza in the world ? I assume that you've tried every pizza from Auckland to Anchorage via Dubai - that's quite an effort when it appears that the worst of the lot was right here in Thailand. I'm also curious as to why you think I would be even remotely concerned about Bill Heinecke's political views or his business practices - I go in there for BBQ chicken wings. Worrying about stuff like that in Asia will put you in a freezer well before your time.

Must try BBQ wings sometime after reading your OP. When seeing them advertised I always imagined them to be sinuey bony types of things with hardly a speck of meat on them, sorta like the chicken feet the Thais love to get their teeth stuck (stuck being the operative word) into.

Actually a vegetarian from "Nick The Pizza" is half way towards a decent pizza, and a reasonable compromise, if you hate the micky-mouse pizzas from the national chains.

"Tuna special" from Nick's is my "go to" pizza,.. not sweet or "cakey". It was put on the menu after I ordered it so many times :-)

I did have a chicken one and never again but the two mentioned above are good solid pizzas.... can't go wrong.

Edited by RandomSand

Pizza Company - consistently the best pizza from a pizza chain in the world, among the ones i have tried in the world anyway!tongue.png

Poor excuse for a pizza. Good laugh, though. They must have Korean "pizza experts" come up with these new ideas.

post-138519-0-51249000-1425433696_thumb.

Only order from pizza pizza when they have 2 for 1. Any other time and its a rip off.

Annual card is THB 200 and 2 for 1 all the time for take away...kids love it. Feed 5 people for less than 300

Correct, hard to beat and consistently good.

Month of March always is a buy one get one free month anyway, even without the card.

Only order from pizza pizza when they have 2 for 1. Any other time and its a rip off.

Annual card is THB 200 and 2 for 1 all the time for take away...kids love it. Feed 5 people for less than 300

Correct, hard to beat and consistently good.

Month of March always is a buy one get one free month anyway, even without the card.

Last time i looked the "card" is only for 1/2 year...

Thanks to Impulse for the suggestion, I'll check out both Foodland and Villa when I visit BKK next. I'll give what they have a try. Villa is where we stock up on pizza flour.

As to crust styles, a very thin and crispy crust is what I refer to as a cracker crust. I believe a more correct description is Neapolitan style pizza. The crust is very, very thin and translucent prior to baking. My technique will suffer demerits from the purists as I don't have the skills to hand-toss but use a roller to achieve the required thinness. Sicilian is a much thicker crust and traditionally square in shape. I use a quarter sheet-pan as our oven is smaller than what we have in the US. New York style is in between these two extremes, thin but lacking the crispness, perfect for folding lengthwise for consumption. Chicago style is really a casserole and breaches a major tenant of pizza in that it requires cutlery to consume. Don't be Donald Trump... put down the silverware.

Gentmartin, sorry samples not available as no pizza in our household survives the gaping maw of my family. If you ever spend time in BKK try 'Big Bull' on Soi Nana it's on the left walking away from Sukhumvit. Decent example of Neapolitan thin crust.

Had a laugh reading the notthenation article. Of course as in any good satire there is a nidus of truth. We like to keep it simple with cheese/pepperoni and maybe mushrooms and black olives. Some of the offerings at Pizza Company are simply to be put down and walked away from.

F1

Edited by frozin1

Am I the only one who feels that pizza is actually better cold the morning after ? I'm not talking about cold pizza with a hangover - not a single drop of alcohol yesterday - but it will be interesting to see if this morning's pizza has me sprinting to the loo per last night's effort. I'm going to stick with the BBQ wings from now on, March 2-for-1 deals or no. Brooklyn Pizza remains my favourite here in Pattaya, by a large margin, but I'll check out some of the other recommendations.