Pizza Company opened a branch just around the corner from me ...

MrWorldwide

Cnr Klang and Third Road, just down from Big C Extra.

Just two questins, PC people:

1. What took you so long ?

2. How did you know I have zero willpower when it comes to your BBQ wings ? Z-E-R-O ...

Minimalists, look away - this is going to be ugly. 3 months and they'll need a crane to get me out of the building. I'm going downstairs to see if they're open.

12396192.jpg

• Like 1

I try to avoid questioning anyone's taste in food. It is, after all, a matter of individual choice, and, since it harms no one, it's no one else's business. "Food snobs" are, IMO, boorish, ignorant fools.

However I would suggest that Pizza Company has made a serious "timing" error in opening this outlet at this particular time. The traffic pattern and flow in the area of that intersection is, as we all know, currently a disaster. So, while the OP may have no problems getting to it, since it's "just around the corner"; their business may be so slow that won't survive the next 3 years.

That said, I wish you 'Good luck' and good eating, Mr Worldwide! For your sake, and that of, I'm sure, many who also enjoy the Pizza Company products, I hope the new location succeeds. Ignore the fools who consider you some sort of sub-human species because you prefer BBQ wings to caviar, escargot, or truffles! :-)

The Dominos here on Third Road would have to be the worst pizza I've ever had - at least it was when they opened. I was left wondering if I may have been better served eating the box it came in. i assume that many of the serious foodies here feel the same way about Pizza Company, but for a chain I think they do a good job. My favourite 'real' pizza in Pattaya is the seafood jobbie from Brooklyn Pizza on Buakhow - basically straight in front of you as you come out of LK Metro. Highly recommended to all bar the aforementioned snobs - no doubt they have better places to be than a pizzeria.

I try to avoid questioning anyone's taste in food. It is, after all, a matter of individual choice, and, since it harms no one, it's no one else's business. "Food snobs" are, IMO, boorish, ignorant fools.

However I would suggest that Pizza Company has made a serious "timing" error in opening this outlet at this particular time. The traffic pattern and flow in the area of that intersection is, as we all know, currently a disaster. So, while the OP may have no problems getting to it, since it's "just around the corner"; their business may be so slow that won't survive the next 3 years.

That said, I wish you 'Good luck' and good eating, Mr Worldwide! For your sake, and that of, I'm sure, many who also enjoy the Pizza Company products, I hope the new location succeeds. Ignore the fools who consider you some sort of sub-human species because you prefer BBQ wings to caviar, escargot, or truffles! :-)

One word : Delivery

• Like 2

One word : Delivery

Ah, but, JD, with delivery you miss that great anticipation and excitement of the moment when you take the first bite, and wonder if you've timed it well enough to avoid having the cheese stick to the roof of your mouth, and peel off the skin as your eyes water, and you stifle a scream! :-) And, of course, if you have a Thai wife, by eating in the restaurant, you avoid listening to her complain about the horrible smell of cheese; which, to many Thais, seems to smell as bad as durian does to us! :-)

• Like 2

Not sure about that - the only other customers in there this morning were Thais and it was the same when I want past last night. For a very long time I assumed most Asians were lactose intolerant but the coffee-and-cheescake cafe visit seems increasingly popular with young Thais and they're patisserie is definitely much better than it was 18 or so years ago.

I often uses domino, I log on on their web page, order and pay when receiving my order, easy.

The last month they have a buy one get one free promotion.

So I eat one and the other one go in the fridge and in the oven next day.

I think mine is from Naklua road since I live in North Pattaya and they taste nice enough.

I often uses domino, I log on on their web page, order and pay when receiving my order, easy.

I think mine is from Naklua road since I live in North Pattaya and they taste nice enough.

Tried Dominos the other day---worse than Pizza Company. Go diagonally across Naklua Rd. from Dominos to Pizza Big---you won't be disappointed. One of the best pizzas in Thailand.

I think I might try this idea.

Kudos to patsfangr for his considered, superbly articulated post - your dedication will not go unpunished, my friend ;)

I actually started the thread to make particular mention of my affection for the chicken wings, but I also enjoy their pizzas - clearly, some see that as fightin' words but its pretty simple : those who dont like PC or chain-store pizzas in general are under no obligation to eat them. I eat everything - Indian and Chinese being my favourites - but even chain-store pizza is a considerable step up from the likes of KFC, Burger King and McDonalds IMO.

Where they lose me is when they stray from at least an attempt at seasoned Italian tomato sauce.

I might add that ketchup + extra sugar is not a suitable replacement. I did a thoroughly embarrassing spit-take the 1st time I bit into a Thai version of what appeared, on the surface, to be pizza.

Home made from-scratch pizza is the family's preference but we will eat and enjoy chain brands as well. Fortunately, the required ingredients have become easier to locate over the years except for decent pepperoni. If anyone does have a decent source for genuine Italian pepperoni please pass it along. The stuff available locally at Big C and Tesco/Lotus doesn't smell, taste or have the appearance of the real thing. The major advantage of DIY is we can have whatever we are in the mood for, cracker-crust to Sicilian style. I make a big batch of sauce a day ahead and freeze the excess in individual pizza topping quantities for later use. Now I'm hungry...

F1

Careful - some here dont seem to grasp that notthenation is satire. Of course, some here also dont know the meaning of that word, but that's a whole other thread in itself.

Some don't know what a real pizza should taste like and instead are happy to chuck down aberrations like 'Pizza' Company and similar, with ketchup preferably.

But of course, everybody has his own taste, but not all have good taste.

• Like 1

Home made from-scratch pizza is the family's preference but we will eat and enjoy chain brands as well. Fortunately, the required ingredients have become easier to locate over the years except for decent pepperoni. If anyone does have a decent source for genuine Italian pepperoni please pass it along.

Some of the cold cuts at Foodland are pretty good. Their pepperoni is a little too spicy for me, but they have some small diameter salami that works okay as a substitute.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Traffic is a disaster in that location.

Well watch out for the half dozen delivery motorcycles that will be parked out front and racing up and down the footpath and tooting with expectation that pedestrians will jump out of their way

Ha, good luck to you Mr Worldwide. Reminds me of a friend who was struggling with the Thai language. Got me to phone for his first pizza. Thereafter, with his tel number recognised all he would say is "this is richard" and his order was on its way. The amassed pizza boxes in the stairwell were proof of his loyalty to the company. This may also work for truffles but i am yet to try....

I went to that "Restaurant" once and only once when killing some time waiting for a bus in Ubon. Absolutely the worst pizza in the world, no idea. You are better off at the many smaller shops that sell pizza all over Thailand. Thais don't seem to mind eating garbage that franchise is full everywhere you go also the owner is an ultra right wing conservative hell bent on paying slave wages to his staff.