Thailand Is Considered As A Sanctuary For Foreign Criminals

george

Do I read you well, Foreign Criminals?

Why not just say Thailand Is Considered As A Sanctuary For Criminals.

Crime is everywhere, when the top is giving the bad example.

If the top is allowed illegal doings, the rest will follow so.

That is so in a country, in a corporation, in a football ligue, that is so on Internet. Why should it then be different, in a country where political and ethical standards are low?

It is called decadence, ask the Romans.

Very good comparison!!!

A little decadence never hurt anyone!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I read you well, Foreign Criminals?

Why not just say Thailand Is Considered As A Sanctuary For Criminals.

Crime is everywhere, when the top is giving the bad example.

If the top is allowed illegal doings, the rest will follow so.

That is so in a country, in a corporation, in a football ligue, that is so on Internet. Why should it then be different, in a country where political and ethical standards are low?

It is called decadence, ask the Romans.

Very good comparison!!!

A little decadence never hurt anyone!

well what they need to do is organise the crime a bit better

after all how can you be a good crimminal if you dont know the rules of the game

3 good examples

organise gambling

organise alcohol

organise prostitution

legalise it

govern it

tax it

most developed countries do :o

after all how can you be a good crimminal if you dont know the rules of the game

3 good examples

organise gambling

organise alcohol

organise prostitution

It seems to be pretty well organised already. In that the cops get paid twice every time.

3 good examples

organise gambling

organise alcohol

organise prostitution

It seems to be pretty well organised already. In that the cops get paid twice every time.

no not organised

amatures

think Las Vegas

think Macau

truely professional organised crime

Must be quiet in Pattaya these days if a Journalist (so called) can find the time to write such shit. Maybe he should go and live in Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Oldham, Preston, Sheffield or London for a month or so. He/she may then form the same opinion as many of us, that Thaialnd is a bloody site safer place to walk around than the UK, USA or Eastern Europe.

The other noxious cowards that raise their heads in these articles are ECPAT, and other trendy western NGO's. Who come to Thailand firstly because of the beaches and the lifestyle and justify being here by catching the odd wierdo.

All these types could be found in Phuket after the Tsunami, making up the most incredible bullshit stories, then going out on the piss in the evenings. New Year 2005 you couldn't get into the bars for pissed camera crews, and idiot journalists looking for a sordid story and asking where the young girls were.

Most expats who have ventured to Cambodia on Visa runs or trips to Anko Wat etc. will be more than aware that this is where these do gooders would be if they

A) had any balls,

or

:o really wanted to impact on these horrendous crimes (NOTE!! I do consider them horrendous)

Stop slagging Thailand until your own countries have been put in order. Why not for example get after the people who exploit these "trafficked People" in your own countries? Is it because it is too cold and dangerous back home these days, dealing with western criminal gangs? Might get hurt in the UK or worse still, loose the sun tan!

Must be quiet in Pattaya these days if a Journalist (so called) can find the time to write such shit. Maybe he should go and live in Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Oldham, Preston, Sheffield or London for a month or so. He/she may then form the same opinion as many of us, that Thaialnd is a bloody site safer place to walk around than the UK, USA or Eastern Europe.

The other noxious cowards that raise their heads in these articles are ECPAT, and other trendy western NGO's. Who come to Thailand firstly because of the beaches and the lifestyle and justify being here by catching the odd wierdo.

All these types could be found in Phuket after the Tsunami, making up the most incredible bullshit stories, then going out on the piss in the evenings. New Year 2005 you couldn't get into the bars for pissed camera crews, and idiot journalists looking for a sordid story and asking where the young girls were.

Most expats who have ventured to Cambodia on Visa runs or trips to Anko Wat etc. will be more than aware that this is where these do gooders would be if they

A) had any balls,

or

:D really wanted to impact on these horrendous crimes (NOTE!! I do consider them horrendous)

Stop slagging Thailand until your own countries have been put in order. Why not for example get after the people who exploit these "trafficked People" in your own countries? Is it because it is too cold and dangerous back home these days, dealing with western criminal gangs? Might get hurt in the UK or worse still, loose the sun tan!

now this is a very clever piece of work

very politically correct

and straight to the point

:o

Thailand should do something about the fugitives and deadbeats. It won't be easy as they tend to get in with figures who can help them. I would guess most of their helpers don't know who they are or don't care. Connections mean everything here and once you have them you can do anything. Ask Thaksin.

Thailand should do something about the fugitives and deadbeats. It won't be easy as they tend to get in with figures who can help them. I would guess most of their helpers don't know who they are or don't care. Connections mean everything here and once you have them you can do anything. Ask Thaksin.

You've missed out the definitive article in your signature written by Bacharach and David, best sung by Dionne Warwick. That's the best I can do for you.

Charles Edward Frith

"Thailand should do something about the fugitives and deadbeats".

IMO, the presence of fugitives and deadbeats gives an enormous amount of ammunition to any group that wants, at some time in the future, to throw out ALL farangs.

So it is in the interests of all of those of us who are not fugitives and deadbeats to get those who are thrown out NOW.

But for it to happen, it would need the former to help the Thai law-enforcement agencies by informing of any of the latter that they spotted. Just as we can't 'smell' a bad Thai from a good Thai, they can't do it with farangs, and need farang help.

I don't see it happening though. Who fancies being a 'snitch'?

When they stop allowing consecutive 30-day and 3-month stay 'tourist' visas, they will get rid of a lot of 'baddies', but a lot of 'goodies' will lose out, too.

In the case of people who are blatant paedophiles something can be done by resident farang to rid Thailand of these predators, and to preserve the good name of the majority of law-abiding foreign tourists and expats.

In the past I have agonised over whether or not to report "suspicions" to police in this matter and have felt like a real traitor when I have not acted on my impulse to report. Discreet observation of what goes down around us, followed up by reporting of suspected paedophile behaviour is a responsible act IMHO.

This is not to suggest that we should snoop or suspect every farang man with a young child of being a paedophile. There are thousands of good farang dads & grandads etc out there who spend time with their kids at beaches, ice-cream shops etc. The difference in behaviour between real relatives & friends and predators is not always easy to spot, but where it is obvious I think the protection of kids is the most important consideration.

In the case of people who are blatant paedophiles something can be done by resident farang to rid Thailand of these predators, and to preserve the good name of the majority of law-abiding foreign tourists and expats.

In the past I have agonised over whether or not to report "suspicions" to police in this matter and have felt like a real traitor when I have not acted on my impulse to report. Discreet observation of what goes down around us, followed up by reporting of suspected paedophile behaviour is a responsible act IMHO.

This is not to suggest that we should snoop or suspect every farang man with a young child of being a paedophile. There are thousands of good farang dads & grandads etc out there who spend time with their kids at beaches, ice-cream shops etc. The difference in behaviour between real relatives & friends and predators is not always easy to spot, but where it is obvious I think the protection of kids is the most important consideration.

Go for it

then keep us all updated :o

Go for it

then keep us all updated :o

i have taken action in 2 cases already: one in chiangmai and one in hua hin...police have a photo of one guy (a Belgian dwarf) and the child involved. They also have questioned another man who has a sleazy network of farang mates and Thai whisperers...so nothing has been pinned on the p**** yet ....but it will happen one day.

• 2 years later...

this is gutter journalism at it's best, I read the article about the Iranian guy. He is just one man, but the article identifies him as "Iran's Mafia". It takes more than one man to constitute a "Mafia"

News spread worldwide when the Immigration Officers were able to arrest John Mark Karr, the American school teacher for murder of little 6-yearold JonBenet Ramsey, child beauty queen of Colorado 10 years ago. Karr had traveled to Thailand and concealed himself in the Kingdom since 2005.

Hmmm...but wasn't he later found to have given a false confession?