Thousands attend funeral of repent bandit

Thaivisa News

Chainat: – Thousands of mourners, including local leading figures, paid their last respect at the yesterday’s funeral of Sua Mahesuan, the repent bandit who many believe could wield great magical powers.

Mahesuan, whose real name is SuanPhaereewong, passed away in November at the ripe old age of 101. He died peacefully of heart failure while sleeping at his home in Hankha district.

Provincial governor Suthipong Chulcharoen co-presided over the funeral rite with revered monk Luang Pho Thaweesak Chutintharo, aka Sua Dum.

The revered monk is the sworn brother of Mahesuan. The two led separate gangs to raid the rich in the Central Region in order to distribute ill-gotten gains to the poor almost 100 years ago.

In recognition to his social contributions after renouncing his crimes and serving his jail term, the King granted the royal fire for the cremation of Mahesuan.

Followers plan to build and install Mahesuan statue at the Hankha hometown.

Mahesuan was born in 1914 in SuphanBuri. Raised in the farming family, he was conscripted into the military service.

After returning to civilian life, his father was killed by a family’s rival.

Mahesuan organised a reprisal attack against the rival, crossing over to the wrong side of the law and remaining marauder for more than three decades.

He was iconic outlaw for his crusade for the poor.

The authorities could not apprehend him regardless of harsh suppression and armed hot pursuit.

The great crime buster Khun Phantharakratchadet finally used reason to convince for the peaceful surrender of Mahesuan some 60 years ago.

Mahesuan’s charms are much sought after items by followers. Mahesuan always advised followers to strictly abide by Buddhist precepts to ensure the charms’ lasting supernatural properties.

The revered monk is the sworn brother of Mahesuan. The two led separate gangs to raid the rich in the Central Region in order to distribute ill-gotten gains to the poor almost 100 years ago.

So since Mahesuan died at the age of 101 and I doubt the monk is 100 already, I take it that they started the raids at the age of 1 and the other one way before he was born.

• Like 2

So since Mahesuan died at the age of 101 and I doubt the monk is 100 already, I take it that they started the raids at the age of 1 and the other one way before he was born.

Faulty conclusion and faulty math.

"Almost 100" is not 100. For example, 89 could be considered almost 100. If he started leading a gang

89 yrs ago he would've been 12 yrs old -- quite possible he could have led a gang at 12 in those days.

Edited by BradinAsia

"Almost 100" is not 100. For example, 89 could be considered almost 100. If he started leading a gang

89 yrs ago he would've been 12 yrs old -- quite possible he could have led a gang at 12 in those days.

Military service in Thailand is at the age of 10?

Raised in the farming family, he was conscripted into the military service.

Mahesuan organised a reprisal attack against the rival, crossing over to the wrong side of the law and remaining marauder for more than three decades.

Military service in Thailand is at the age of 10?

Raised in the farming family, he was conscripted into the military service.

Really looking forward to the reply from BradinAsia.