Pacman Mayweather Predictions

Am sure there will be lots more threads as fight day approaches, so let's limit this one to analysis and debate.

Too bad the fight didn't happen 5 years ago, and it is much harder to predict than ever.

If Mayweather spends the whole night counter punching, while slipping punches, shoulder rolling, holding and spinning Pacman into the ropes, it could be a boring fight. In this case, I see an easy Mayweather win, or an outside chance at KO when Pacman throws one of his lunging overhand lefts

The best chance for entertainment is if Manny somehow hurts Mayweather early on and Mayweather has to enter the trenches. In such a case, it is a toss up...

Nobody can predict how father time will affect either of these ageing gladiators,

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread......Interesting fight and a tough call....as they say styles make fights....this seems like a match made in heaven...

Pacman likes to lunge into the pocket throw 4-6 punches and get back outside, He doesn't have much of a jab or body shots, and relies on overwhelming the opponent with speed.

Mayweather has spent his career picking off guys like pacman with counterpunches and the greatest defense in boxing history.

Both guys are past their prime and neither has a decent Ko in years, Mayweather has fought the better fighters recently, so he has an edge there.

Pacman's biggest liability is that he rarely adapts his style during the fight and his trainer Roach isn't good at adapting on the fly.

We saw that in the recent outstanding Amnat Ruenroeng of Thailand demolition of Roach's Zou Shiming. Amat outgunned Shiming and Roach couldn't adjust the gameplan during the fight.

I will predict a surprise and that Mayweather will floor Pacman with counters 2-3 times in the fight, but will not be able to put him away and will be content to cruise to a UD.

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread......Interesting fight and a tough call....as they say styles make fights....this seems like a match made in heaven...

Pacman likes to lunge into the pocket throw 4-6 punches and get back outside, He doesn't have much of a jab or body shots, and relies on overwhelming the opponent with speed.

Mayweather has spent his career picking off guys like pacman with counterpunches and the greatest defense in boxing history.

Both guys are past their prime and neither has a decent Ko in years, Mayweather has fought the better fighters recently, so he has an edge there.

Pacman's biggest liability is that he rarely adapts his style during the fight and his trainer Roach isn't good at adapting on the fly.

We saw that in the recent outstanding Amnat Ruenroeng of Thailand demolition of Roach's Zou Shiming. Amat outgunned Shiming and Roach couldn't adjust the gameplan during the fight.

I will predict a surprise and that Mayweather will floor Pacman with counters 2-3 times in the fight, but will not be able to put him away and will be content to cruise to a UD.

Yes. Exactly my thoughts. However, I wouldn't underestimate Mayweather's ability to hand Pack Man the TKO.

Story making the rounds that Zab Judah drooped Mayweather for 10 count with body shot in sparring, but then got man-handled by Mayweather after he got up...may not be relevant as Pacman doesn't throw many body shots, and tends to head hunt with his pop in - pop out style.....he would have to stay inside to take advantage of this, and not sure if he is comfortable there...

Edited by zurgos

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you Zurgos in that Mannys best chance is getting through Mayweathers great defense to really hurt him. Unless that happens I see a comfortable Mayweather win. Check the bookies odds, they`re not often wrong.

The experts do get it wrong sometimes,......don't forget Mike Tyson - Buster Douglas.....Douglas was something like 42-1 underdog!

I agree with you Zurgos in that Mannys best chance is getting through Mayweathers great defense to really hurt him. Unless that happens I see a comfortable Mayweather win. Check the bookies odds, they`re not often wrong.

Edited by zurgos

Boxing is hard to trust. I am highly suspicious of the promoters, odds makers, athletes and regulating commissions.

This will be a Mayweather MD or SD. Whether it's a legitimate win or not. This one is going the distance and Floyd is getting the nod.

Pacquiao needs the money and Mayweather needs people to consider him the best ever.

Love to see pac win it buy I'm going a very boring win for mayweather.

It appears from all the recent press that they both feel they have something to prove. We may be in for some unexpected excitement. So, perhaps it won't be as boring as it could be.

Just read interesting article stating Mayweather weak against lefties, though I doubt it....however could result in this bout having more footwork than a Fred Astaire - Ginger Rogers musical...let's hope there is a lot of action!

the old boxing adage holds that a good bigger man will usually beat a good smaller man in boxing....so the edge there goes to Mayweather,.....that being said, the best hope for action in this one is to see an early knockdown, one of the guys in trouble, or even a cut which would force the wounded tiger to battle even more ferociously....

I bet against Manny when he fought Oscar DLH. I thought there was no way he could win that.

I thought Manny would be overpowered by the huge Joshua Clottey.

I really thought that Cotto, one of the finest boxers out there, would be too much for the smaller Manny P

Now once again, I can't see how MannyP will win this.

He certainly COULD win it - he's a better fighter than most who have faced Mayweather.

Look for the diabolical ref Bayliss to break at every sign of engagement, and force the fight to proceed on the outside where Mayweather is most comfortable - this is the ref who prevented Ricky Hatton from any kind of infighting (not that Hatton would have won otherwise)

Prediction: Mayweather UD after a long and boring night

I bet against Manny when he fought Oscar DLH. I thought there was no way he could win that.

I thought Manny would be overpowered by the huge Joshua Clottey.

I really thought that Cotto, one of the finest boxers out there, would be too much for the smaller Manny P

Now once again, I can't see how MannyP will win this.

He certainly COULD win it - he's a better fighter than most who have faced Mayweather.

Look for the diabolical ref Bayliss to break at every sign of engagement, and force the fight to proceed on the outside where Mayweather is most comfortable - this is the ref who prevented Ricky Hatton from any kind of infighting (not that Hatton would have won otherwise)

Prediction: Mayweather UD after a long and boring night

"I think it favours Mayweather, absolutely," De La Hoya told Yahoo Sports.

"If you notice every fight Mayweather has had with Kenny Bayless, the ref should break them up if both hands are tied up and they're not throwing punches.

"If you notice, for instance with Maidana, when they got in close, right away Kenny Bayless would break them up.

"One hand would be free from the clinch, but he still broke them up. It's an advantage for Mayweather."

Would love to see Manny do the obnoxious pr1ck but can't see it for several reasons ,inclusive of Bayliss.

The packman........he knows (after stunning defeats) what a change this is, to eradicate the past and go down in history as THE biggest fighter of them all.

Mayweather has no clue what it means when an Asian fighter is willing to die in the ring!

Manny will K.O Floyd Mayweather, who. when he wakes up cries for a re-match!

As much as I'd love Pacman to become champ, I fear that Mayweather will win. Pacman divides his energies onto too many fields, so it will be difficult for him to empty his head for the fight and stay focused, wheres Mayweather wants just one simple thing: Keeping the title!

Shouldn't have been in the ring. It looked like a choreographic dance act and should have been on-the main stage in the night club rather than the ring!

• Like 1

Looks like it went pretty much as expected.....

Boring it was. Fight of the century? If so crappy century.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is why the UFC has become more popular. In boxing, you can run around the ring, hit the other guy with more jabs (now called power punches) and win the fight.

Mayweather is a pussy, boxers should want to 'fight' not touch each other up and go for a points win, everytime - same old story. Manny wanted to fight, MW wanted to run. Even when MW weather hit that guy when he was looking at the ref and floored him the guy got up and laughed........

UFC is becoming more popular as some one has said but you will never never see a UFC event like that of todays, for media hype, celebrity interest, purse or anything else, won't happen. Look at the greats of boxing in the past, take Mike Tyson for example, when he was champ almost everyone on the planet knew who he was, Jon Jones - who's that? Just one example of many.

Just my opinion..

No mistake about it, this was a boxing connoisseurs fight, the science of not being hit while landing enough meaningful shots to win the bout.....those who don't know boxing might think it boring, but it was a masterclass of a counterpuncher taming the tiger....a bit like a Chateaux Margaux, or a rare single malt....definitely not for everyone, but for those of us who know, it was pure quality...oh yes and lest we not forget, the century is very early.....

Looks like it went pretty much as expected.....

Boring it was. Fight of the century? If so crappy century.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by tailspin
  • Like 1