Group ride Bangkok - Bang Saen on March 8th.

Shurup

Yeah. Good to meet a few other riders.

Had a couple of no-shows who couldn't be bothered to let us know. Strange!

Fortunately, 8 very competent riders. No hand holding needed.

But don't eat on Bang Saen beach! Ripoff and scam.

Wouldn't have pushed anywhere as hard if I had been riding alone.

Real riding isn't always about pushing hard.

May I recommend regular track time with tuition, for that. Much better in every way.

(Waiting for) no shows would do my head in. In fact, having to think of others when on a ride kind of does my head in. Me and my bike and the road and total freedom. That's it.

Good that everyone enjoyed it though. thumbsup.gif

Freedom. Real riding.

Are you deliberately trying to be irritating?

At the junction I took a left and hit the Tenasserim Hills of the Ratchaburi/Burmese border. Lovely ride.

Nice! And they're roads that many of us have ridden numerous times.

May I recommend regular track time with tuition, for that. Much better in every way.

Who said 'always'?

But it can be fun occasionally.

And Gweilo does do track days.

(Waiting for) no shows would do my head in. In fact, having to think of others when on a ride kind of does my head in. Me and my bike and the road and total freedom. That's it.

Yes. Yes! We know! :rolleyes:

Okay we get it. You're a loner with no mates. That's alright.

Maybe you can start your own thread on riding solo instead of spouting the same 'freedom' <deleted> repeatedly on this one?

• Like 1

At the junction I took a left and hit the Tenasserim Hills of the Ratchaburi/Burmese border. Lovely ride.

Nice! And they're roads that many of us have ridden numerous times.

Me too, Ratchaburi and Kan are usually where I point the front wheel to when I want to do some riding. thumbsup.gif

Bang na - Trat..... not so much.

Edited by Hopho

Okay we get it. You're a loner with no mates.

Well, er, no. Actually not. Just that I enjoy my bike much more when I'm alone with her between the hedgerows. biggrin.png

Just not my kind of thing.

I guess real riding is kind of a freedom, spiritual thing for some of us.

Post Edited - Troll / Flaming

Well, er, no. Actually not. Just that I enjoy my bike much more when I'm alone with her between the hedgerows. biggrin.png

Hate to be rude but you sound like a bore . you sure you even have a bike. You don't sound like you do. most bikers enjoy the camaraderie of other riders 7 it is fun to meet who you talk with online all the time but you sound pretty new Never seen your name on this forum before. Maybe you"re more into wasting away in

Beerchangsville ! enjoy your riding Lone wolf sounds like a good avatar for you! Ho Po

• Like 1

Quite feel like going riding today, think I'll gear up and head for Sisawat, or may change to Thongphaphum, or around the Burmese border and back through Ratchaburi. See where the freedom takes me.

A happy day to all. thumbsup.gif

Make up your mind will ya? You sound like a girl on her pe... ummm. Special time of the month.

"Make up your mind will ya?"

Why the pressure to? Do what you feel like when you meet a junction. Freedom. Real riding.

At the junction I took a left and hit the Tenasserim Hills of the Ratchaburi/Burmese border. Lovely ride. thumbsup.gif

Glad everyone had a good day. smile.png

i hope you will post some pics of your fabulous journey?

Quite feel like going riding today, think I'll gear up and head for Sisawat, or may change to Thongphaphum, or around the Burmese border and back through Ratchaburi. See where the freedom takes me.

A happy day to all. thumbsup.gif

Make up your mind will ya? You sound like a girl on her pe... ummm. Special time of the month.

Why the pressure to? Do what you feel like when you meet a junction. Freedom. Real riding.

At the junction I took a left and hit the Tenasserim Hills of the Ratchaburi/Burmese border. Lovely ride. thumbsup.gif

Didn't take any. Didn't even bring a camera. Riding isn't about posing for camera shoots for me, to be honest. Took a book to relax with over my lunch along the Mae Khlong River.

I often ride up around the area West of Bangkok and along the Burmese border areas and up in Kan though.

If interested, a short n easy day ride I did from Kan town, to an ancient Khmer temple, then trekking up and into Burma, then sticking me head into a waterfall's ass is here.

Edited - Troll / Flaming

Edited by seedy

Didn't take any. Didn't even bring a camera. Riding isn't about posing for camera shoots for me, to be honest. Took a book to relax with over my lunch along the Mae Khlong River.

I often ride up around the area West of Bangkok and along the Burmese border areas and up in Kan though.

If interested, a short n easy day ride I did from Kan town, to an ancient Khmer temple, then trekking up and into Burma, then sticking me head into a waterfall's ass is here.

Did you pose for many photos today on your 'ride'?

A lot depends on where you live. If I lived on the doorstep of the 323 or the 108, then very likely, I will often be riding alone (due to not many other riders living around there) and possibly because those roads require 100% attention in order to gain max enjoyment.

Most riders that I know that live in Bangkok do not ride alone. Mainly because there aren't any good rides for a day's riding which means that the alternative is to enjoy the camaraderie of other riders.

Where do you live?

Gangbanging her on Bang na - trat, pushing hard so not to lose ego and be embarrassed or seem different. Just not my kind of thing.

Good thing then that we were riding with friends where egos do not come into play. Safety does though, as always

Wouldn't have pushed anywhere as hard if I had been riding alone.

Good that everyone enjoyed it though. thumbsup.gif

We don't wait for no shows. A time is set and if someone is late, the onus is on them to advise the group accordingly. The rest will depart at the appointed time if no notification is forthcoming. Otherwise we will wait as this is what friends do.

With regards to track time with tuition, do you have any recommendations, suggestions?

• Like 1

Where do you live?

Our main house (and my main base) is in Nonthaburi province.

With regards to track time with tuition, do you have any recommendations, suggestions?

I'm sure your travel mates would be more knowledgeable than me with regards to the best Thailand has to offer. smile.png

Edited by Hopho

. Just not my kind of thing.

Good thing then that we were riding with friends where egos do not come into play. Safety does though, as always

That's good.

There was a video once were this farang lad on a group ride almost hit a pickup that pulled out while he opened up his z800 or z1000 that I saw, on a frontage road.

Post Edited - Troll / Flaming

Gangbanging her on Bang na - trat, pushing hard so not to lose ego and be embarrassed or seem different. Just not my kind of thing.

That's good.

There was a video once were this farang lad on a group ride almost hit a pickup that pulled out while he opened up his z800 or z1000 that I saw, on a frontage road.

You assume that it was a need to show off. I do not know, therefore I would not comment

Incidentally, it wasn't a frontage road from what I could tell

Where do you live?

Our main house (and my main base) is in Nonthaburi province.

I'm sure your travel mates would be more knowledgeable than me with regards to the best Thailand has to offer. smile.png

Yes, I believe they are. It so happens that I also know. It was just that you mentioned it with such a confident air that I thought you knew of others.

From Nonthaburi, it's easy to go to Kan and ride around that whole area in a day. It's a lot more difficult when you are starting from downtown Bangkok which is why most riders based in Bangkok do group rides as opposed to solo ones.

That's good.

You assume that it was a need to show off. I do not know, therefore I would not comment

Just looking and seems to have been a (Thai Visa) group ride.

youtube

linked to here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/689391-my-near-death-experience-today/?hl=%20closed

Fair enough, each to their own. No egos, safety first, as you say.

That's good.

Retards, I thought.

You do see it a lot on group rides. The need to show off.

Just looking and seems to have been a (Thai Visa) group ride.

youtube

linked to here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/689391-my-near-death-experience-today/?hl=%20closed

Fair enough, each to their own. No egos, safety first, as you say.

Actually, it wasn't a TV group ride. It merely happened that a couple of the riders were also TV members. The ride was arranged outside of TV.

If interested, a short n easy day ride I did from Kan town, to an ancient Khmer temple, then trekking up and into Burma, then sticking me head into a waterfall's (DELETED) is here.

Sadly my ride was about 20kilos down sukhumvit so nothing to take pics of.

I have no dog in this fight. I crashed a bigger bike awhile back and now have just the Tricity and a Joker :)

I prefer riding alone but will do small groups.

When rides come up that have a destination I can be at I may meet up with people at the destination.

That being said, I and a few officers are riding up to Sarika Waterfall tmw. 2 will probably leave the rest of us in the dust but they'll have food ordered for the rest wherever we decide to eat

Bang na - Trat..... not so much.

Fortunately bangna-trat has improved greatly since the resurfacing work is almost finished.

But really, any highway that takes you out of Bangkok is pretty horrible. Be it Bangna-Trat, Rama II, Viphawadee-Rangsit, Boromrachachanon etc.

Really, enough of this 'real riding, spiritual, freedom' stuff.

As I said, you're not they only rider who's ridden these roads so do try to be less annoying.

I can understand why you ride alone.

But in the event of an unforseen circumstance near the Burmese border, who do you turn to for help?

In those remote areas, it's common sense to have a riding buddy. If just for safety's sake.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

You really need to stop with the assumptions. As AFAIK you haven't met or ridden with any of us...so really you're talking (deleted) and starting to sound like an irritating troll.

Were you on this forum before under another username? You sound familiar.

Edited by seedy