What would be your next bike?

Gweiloman

Don't know which one yet but most probably it will be air-cooled.

Can you elaborate why? There are not that many air cooled bikes produced anymore and getting rarer by the day. As far as I understand they are easier to fix and a bit lighter but on the other hand produce less power. My next bike will also have an air cooled engine but I saw that more like a tiny minus point. I dont have enough experience to really judge though so would like to hear your reasoning for your choice.

If I had the cash, which I don't, It would be this machine. Half a century old and makes my hair w00t.gif . Sorry if you guys keep seeing this bike from me..........But I am in wub.png when I hear it, and I did hear it way back when, when Mike Hailwood mastered it. thumbsup.gif

Don't know which one yet but most probably it will be air-cooled.

Can you elaborate why? There are not that many air cooled bikes produced anymore and getting rarer by the day. As far as I understand they are easier to fix and a bit lighter but on the other hand produce less power. My next bike will also have an air cooled engine but I saw that more like a tiny minus point. I dont have enough experience to really judge though so would like to hear your reasoning for your choice.

Bigger air cooled bike engines will/are slowly be fazed out.

They can't meet future emissions level standards and be quiet enough (db levels).

V-Twin HD's and Triumph Bonneville's (both air cooled) are running very very lean from the factory in order to meet current emissions standards.

If you give them a more breathable air filter and exhaust, you gain 10-15% power with some re-mapping of the FI.

I doubt that they will sell big air cooled bike engines in 5-10 years from now unless they come up with better combustion technics.

Probably another PCX 150, unless something better comes out, but I'm sticking with Honda. I hate gears, same with a car. Imagine riding a bike with gears through the busy roads of Bangkok.

I ride a bike with gears through Bangkok every day, and I love it!

Not going to knock your choice, though, automatic vs. gears really just comes down to personal preference.

• Like 2

Triumph prices look very attractive in Thailand now, so when i move back later this year, i think a street triple R to replace my Tuono I have here in Singapore. Given the choice i would just buy another Tuono as it is fantastic, but cant find any dealers in LOS. :(

• Like 1