What would be your next bike?

Gweiloman

A friend of mine is selling his multistrada because he wants to get the 1200GS. I suggested to him to keep the Duc AND get the GS but his wife won't let him (understandable as his garage is struggling with his Vespa, ZX14R, BMW and a monster 4WD off road - plus her own toys).

I'm really keen on getting a GS as well, but the 800 rather than 1200. What are the pros and cons of this?

Given a choice, what would your next bike be and why? Would you have to sell your current bike? (if you have a wife, that is). And if you have to sell, how is this new bike better for you?

Would love to even look at a go but too pricey. Would love to have a spin on the versys1000 though, love my current versys but more power would be nice. On a street bike I would feel to limited and less comfy

Would love to even look at a go but too pricey. Would love to have a spin on the versys1000 though, love my current versys but more power would be nice. On a street bike I would feel to limited and less comfy

more power would be nice

That is probably the main reason I bought the Ninja. It's not about top speed (I've taken my Versys up to 180 kph) but the torque on tap, so to say. Still, I would never sell the Versys as that's my go to bike all the time, if the other guys I'm riding with are riding 650's.

currently on a cb300 and im going to try to stick with it till the end of the year, next step up is gonna be a middle weight. 600 - 800cc, 70 - 90 hp. Too many choices.

Maybe something else will be released in the meantime as well????

Given my family situation, only one big bike in the garage and 2 scooters and not much space there anymore.

My Versys 650 is bought new this year so no plans of more purchasing for a while.

I think we all dream of power, more power on our bikes as it gives you an adrenaline injection each time you twist the throttle.

For some it almost turns into an addiction and they either keep tuning their bikes (exhaust + power commander and whatever they can think of) or buy bigger more powerful bikes.

Some like to change their bikes often for various reasons, more power as mentioned above or just move up in cc/power from a smaller bike, don't like the bike much.

There are some guys here on the forum that I think rather not ride bikes below 150hp, their choices, good on them, enjoy.

If you look hard at what kind of bike is perfect for Thailand, I would say the middle sized bikes as the 650cc class gives you the most bang for your buck and enough power for Thailand in most situations so a very sensible choice but not all choose sensible, why should they, if their main hobby is bikes and have the money, buy whatever rocks your boat.

If I could choose based on what I really want and money (read family) not a problem, I would like something like a Ducati Hyperstarda or the new MT09 Tracher in the garage or a Ducati Diavel if really spending big money. Oh, and a HD Sportster 1200 for short rides, he-he. I could mention many more bikes that really rock my boat, some of the BMW's and Triumph to mention a few.

• Like 1

I'd like an retro bike, coffee-racer or street-tracker style.

Maybe with a bit more displacement, say 200-250cc, as I like to go 150kpm sometimes.

Not on the public roads of course, as that would be illegal and I wouldn't want to suggest something like that...against forum rules.

[You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.]

Yellow tank would be nice.

papa already have a yellow helmet so....

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

Love, love, love.

All you need is love.

I've been looking at literbikes for a while now- the new S1KRR, R1, 1299 Panigale (yes, I know it's not a literbike)- i wouldn't get rid of my current bike for one, but it would be a cool second bike. I've got the addiction to power guzzi850m2 mentioned, and ~200hp is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I'd like an retro bike, coffee-racer or street-tracker style.

Maybe with a bit more displacement, say 200-250cc, as I like to go 150kpm sometimes.

Not on the public roads of course, as that would be illegal and I wouldn't want to suggest something like that...against forum rules.

Yellow tank would be nice.

papa already have a yellow helmet so....

You can always buy a used CBR250 cheap papa, and then have the tank painted a banana yellow.

Then when you go on the track going flat out, everybody know it's you.

Having already 3 bikes(ER6n,SR400,TS185)plus 2 of my wife plus one I'm fixing for a friend, space has definitely run out.

I could see myself selling the ER6n to make space for a new bike....the Duc Scrambler for example, a Triumph Newchurch, or if money were no issue...a BMW RnineT, MV F3 and Rivals.

The wife is an issue of course....

• Like 1

Definitely a Triumph Tiger 800 XCX.

A huge step up in power over the 500X, it will be really useful whilst touring. It also has the upright riding position that I have come to love.

I cross compared it to the 800GS and Versys 1000. The options on the XCX are better and its price matches or comes below the competition (quite a bit compared to the BMW).

It also seemed to win in the on road comparison against the beemer. And as that is where most of my riding will be...

**edit**

Forgot that there's a really nice KRR SSR 2t (fresh looking plastic and frame) down the road that they want 30k for. Perhaps I'll get that for a fun bike.

Edited by dave_boo
  • Like 2

2016 CBR1000RR or GSXR1000 if either of them gets an update, which I think they will. Leaning towards the Honda due to the dealer network they have in place.

Or maybe a ZX14 for some high speed touring.

Heart says Triumph Tiger.....head says Honda 500x.

If you go with your head, your heart will never be satisfied and you will lose that most precious of ingredient when riding - fun.

Go with the heart - you will always have the smile on your face whenever you ride

• Like 2

Currently CBR500R, hopefully by the end of the month I'll get my Ducati Scrambler. After that I'll need something comfortable that can take some luggage too for touring. An inline-4 or 3 with more than 650cc but not much more than 200kg. Oh and not outrageous price because of import. Narrows the list down to pretty much nothing :)

MT09 Tracer, a rumored 800 Honda... maybe a Triumph. Yamaha and Triumph get minus points because of dealer network so my hopes are with Honda. Will be tough but I have time.

• Like 1

I'll just stick to my tried and proven XJR1300.

The best all round naked bike i've ever owned.

Nothing i see that can compare to it.

No gimmicks, no BS, just a pure high torque fun bike.

Man and bike, no computers inbetween.Love that.

Shame they are not readily available over there in Thai.

Did see one in Chiang Mai when holidaying earlier but didn't talk to the owner.

Currently CBR500R, hopefully by the end of the month I'll get my Ducati Scrambler. After that I'll need something comfortable that can take some luggage too for touring. An inline-4 or 3 with more than 650cc but not much more than 200kg. Oh and not outrageous price because of import. Narrows the list down to pretty much nothing smile.png

MT09 Tracer, a rumored 800 Honda... maybe a Triumph. Yamaha and Triumph get minus points because of dealer network so my hopes are with Honda. Will be tough but I have time.

Yammy 700?

Probably another PCX 150, unless something better comes out, but I'm sticking with Honda. I hate gears, same with a car. Imagine riding a bike with gears through the busy roads of Bangkok.

I would like a Tmax when I get old but not at current Thai prices, crazy prices for them here.

I see a few around in Pattaya.

I know the answer.

Suzuki SFV 650.

Why?

Excellent reviews re handling.

Sufficient power.

Affordable for my budget.

Low seat height.

Different from my current bike.

Nobody else has one. Well, very few.

I have already decided. It is just a question of when.

• Like 2