PM Prayut expedites High-Speed Rail Project for tourism purpose

webfact

Yes let us get on with it! Just what Pattaya needs, construction along the railway line Rd to go with the chaos currently being caused by the tunnel construction!

I have to wonder if the construction of the Pattaya Railway line bypass, followed by the Hwy 7 extension and flyyover, and now the tunnel were all small 'fixes', when a more ambitious elevatedd highway project many years ago would have produced an efficient Pattaya and Eastern Seaboard road network, rather than what we are struggling to put a Bandaid on now.

Sadly, it will happen. The simple alternative to boosting tourism ........... is to allow tourists back on the beach with their own chairs and an umbrella. They have driven a knife through the heart of beach tourism in Thailand and made a fool of themselves in the process.

• Like 1

Prospective engineers are in training so they can run away from the horrible accidents that are going to occur. Sorry, but the work ethic here makes one think that accidents are bound to happen. And I see China will supply the trains and one only has to ride the BTS to see the difference between the Chinese made cars and the German made cars

• Like 2

"He said the Ministry had already conducted a study on the high speed train project but the report was sent back for reconsideration as the new project also involves tourism perspective,"

​How in the name of God could you do a feasibility study for Bangkok- Pattaya and Bangkok- Hua Hin and not take into account "Tourism Perspective".

It just went back for an attitude adjustment.

Mr. general does not seem to understand what attracts tourists to Thailand.

Go ahead mr. general, make Thailand happy.

I thought you were there to maintain peace and order.

putting that plan into effect will cost you and your fellow generals credibility among most Thais.

Not only that, tourists will not take that train and your beloved project will go into bankruptcy the first year, leaving Thailand with yet another scam.

• Like 1

BKK-Pattaya-Rayong route will run alongside the existing Airport Rail Link...

This is the part I don't get. The Rail Link is fairly recent and they had planned for the possibility of extending it to Rayong when they built it. Why put up an entirely new link right beside it? Why not just extend the Rail Link and save billions? I'm guessing that the Rail link is probably not capable of going as fast as they want...but at what additional cost? The express is plenty fast going between the airport and downtown. They could probably make it go even faster.

• Like 1

how safe would a tourist feel in a high speed train in Thailand waiting for the inevitable to happen gripping on to your seat and checking your seat belt every few seconds until the train runs out of track or the last remaining elephant in Thailand is on the track ahead

So you think it will have seat belts? whistling.gif

No high speed train please if they are talking about bullet trains, there are like only 2-3 routes in the entire world that is profitable. I believe only one line in Japan and one in France that is actually turning a profit, the rest are incurring massive debts. A high speed rail in China linking two cities (Chong Quing, the other I forgot) with populations of 20 million estimate it will only turn a profit after something like 100 years.

But I believe they are talking about high speed rail that moves around 200-250km/hr to replace existing system, then that is something I would support as it would be affordable for low to mid income folks.

Edited by mike324
  • Like 2

He said the Ministry had already conducted a study on the high speed train project but the report was sent back for reconsideration as the new project also involves tourism perspective, not only economic and social ones.

At every university in the world, any student who is studying tourism, would, when submitting such a term paper, fall through! Not pass the test! Inadequate! Brainless!
And the taxpayers even have to pay for this nonsense study?

Yes let us get on with it! Just what Pattaya needs, construction along the railway line Rd to go with the chaos currently being caused by the tunnel construction!

I have to wonder if the construction of the Pattaya Railway line bypass, followed by the Hwy 7 extension and flyyover, and now the tunnel were all small 'fixes', when a more ambitious elevatedd highway project many years ago would have produced an efficient Pattaya and Eastern Seaboard road network, rather than what we are struggling to put a Bandaid on now.

The new line is further out by highway so won't impact on the road parralel to Suk

Mr. general does not seem to understand what attracts tourists to Thailand.

Go ahead mr. general, make Thailand happy.

I thought you were there to maintain peace and order.

putting that plan into effect will cost you and your fellow generals credibility among most Thais.

Not only that, tourists will not take that train and your beloved project will go into bankruptcy the first year, leaving Thailand with yet another scam.

Sure it will go bankrupt but Government will just keep on pouring good taxmoney into the dead project - Thai Air comes to mind ...

PM Prayut pushes for High-Speed Rail Project to help boost tourism !!!!

Yes I can see families all over the world discussing their holiday's,, ya yes lets all to Thailand to ride on the high speed train whoop De Do ....Seriously what a ridiculous statement to make.... there is obviously a hidden agenda going on here,.... their will that many incidents that any tourist in their right mind will fear riding on a high speed train....