Wedding in Hua-Hin

giruz

Hello,

I know it is a long shot but I was wondering if there anyone that got married in Hua Hin?

My fiancee and I are thinking of getting married there but we are based in UK so getting the thing organised is not as straight forward as we would like.

I would like to hear from anyone that could spend a few minutes to suggest what to do / not to do.

If needed, my fiancee has family in BKK so we could get someone to help but I'd rather not complicate things by having to involve my future mother in law.

A friend of my fiancee got married in the V Villa hotel and I like the place & settings but unfortunately it looks a bit out of budget.... We like the Rest Detail Hotel but I am not sure with regards to a couple of things, for example:

- Seafood Buffet meal -> how is it? I am Italian and I never been to any wedding that has a buffet meal. What to expect? (Can't really trust the sales man when she says that everything will be amazing and that the food is excellent)

- Make-up -> Any suggestions?

- Band -> The hotel wants 35k Bath. do you think it is possible to get something cheaper? Any suggestion on how to find the band?

- Photographer -> How much is the going rate for a good photographer? (We have seen some beautiful shoots and some truly horrific ones! I want to cherish the memories of my wedding not to look and cringe)

giruzz

Pm me can give you more details.

Sorry, I can't send you a PM because I get an error.

'You already have the maximum number of messages that you are allowed to store. In order to send a new message, you must delete some existing messages.'

(Yes, I have tried to delete all my other 3 messages that are stored)

1st piece of advise is - DON'T

2nd - are you getting "married" or are you getting MARRIED?

If you are getting MARRIED you go to the municiple office with 2 witnesses and your ID. It costs a few Baht for the certificate.

If you are doing the fancy sinsod Buddhist thing, it will cost you a packet and you are still not MARRIED.

Do the real MARRIED if you have to for visa / legal / wellfare reasons, but skip the other. Just costs you money for no advantage.

If your lady is a government officer, an advantage of MARRIED is you are covered by her government wellfare for medical (public hospital & so long as she does the paperwork to register you).

Only other advantages are: MARRIAGE makes a visa easy and you will have claim on assets if she snuffs it.

Thought I'd let you know about a beautiful hotel I stayed at in hua hin, very quiet about 10 minutes from the main town, it's called sawan boutique resort, I've never seen a wedding there but they did cater for a lot of parties while we were there, worth a look, if you ask to speak to joy she's the owner.

1.) Seafood Buffet Meals - Most hotels do a simple grilling, fried, and pan fried, food is nothing to rave about at most hotels. At some hotels they allow taste test, perhaps you should get family members to do it.

2.) Make Up - Sorry can't help

3.) Band 35k is on the expensive side, average rate should be closer to 20-24k for a decent local band.

4.) Photographer - Here is a list of well established ones http://www.wpja.com/wedding-photojournalism/thailand-wedding-photographers.html, if you search google for "thailand wedding photographers" you can also find a lot of other ones, look through their albums to see the style of photography. Always remember they put their best work online, and don't expect your photos to look the same. Based on experience I feel like ones with a whole bunch of sample albums online are usually not as professional and personal, they are the ones that charges less and do more volume work over quality. I think photographers who have lived abroad or more internationalize take photos that suits western tastes more compare to local photographers who do mostly Thai weddings (I find their work a bit cheesy).

Fireworks is recommended if your wedding is by the beach, they are not too expensive, somewhere along 30k and up. I highly recommended as its always a highlight for the wedding and makes it memorable for all.

3 - my mate got a local 3 piece Philippine band in for his bar in hua hin, and they cost less than 5000 baht for the evening. all western music. were real good. i could probably track them down if you needed

4 - we paid 17,000 Baht for our suit / dress hire and photos. they took good photos (both prior to the day, and on the day), and presented the photos well in albums and a couple of large frames of our favourite shots

good luck - a wedding in hua hin will be magical smile.png

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. Just one last thing, we getting 'married' in Bangkok (i.e. papers & c). We are not planning to live in Thailand or get any type of VISA (she has a British Passport and I don't need a long term Thai visa).

We are looking for a classy site not for a tacky or kitsch ceremony, there will be people flying in from Australia, USA, Italy, France and UK....we don't want to disappoint them.

If you guys can think of anything else please feel free to add a new reply.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. Just one last thing, we getting 'married' in Bangkok (i.e. papers & c). We are not planning to live in Thailand or get any type of VISA (she has a British Passport and I don't need a long term Thai visa).

We are looking for a classy site not for a tacky or kitsch ceremony, there will be people flying in from Australia, USA, Italy, France and UK....we don't want to disappoint them.

If you guys can think of anything else please feel free to add a new reply.

Try to pm me again- can't be that difficult because I get pretty often pm's...