PM Prayut rides big bike wearing cap

webfact

This, with 6 times the cubic centimeters, is a bike ...

The PM was riding a trainer.

Yes that is a big bike for old people.

Rice burners have twice the power for half the cubic centimeters. Just like many US things its big makes a lot of sound but does not really preform cheesy.gif

As far as my knowledge stretches, the bike in HeijoshinCools picture IS a Honda AKA rice burner.

Have to admit epic fail for me. I thought it was an Harley.

There is a difference between a big bike, and a fast bike, just like there is a difference between a big man, and a fast man ...

Having said that, a 1500cc Valkyrie is pretty damn fast; 0-60 in just over three seconds.

Forget the " oh it's a private road " distraction, a good PR team would have been all over this with headlines such as ' No matter where he is on a m/ cycle the PM always wears a helmet ' if he had bothered.

Not much can be done with a VIP who simply takes someone else's bike, shouts at everyone to get out of his way and doesn't set an example.

If he had come off or hit someone / something would we have heard about it ?

Take your choice witnesses, silence or AA ?

• Like 1

Rice burners have twice the power for half the cubic centimeters. Just like many US things its big makes a lot of sound but does not really preform cheesy.gif

As far as my knowledge stretches, the bike in HeijoshinCools picture IS a Honda AKA rice burner.

An Epic Fail in snarkiness as well.

wink.png

• Like 1

According to this news report from more than four years ago the PM is breaking the law by not wearing a helmet on government office grounds. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/New-helmet-laws-introduced-as-fatality-rate-soars-30144346.html

Yer............................I wouldn't put to much on that report. Lets face it, there are a lot of statements made in Thailand by people who are no qualified to make them.....Statements made by individuals who get put on the spot and don't have a clue, but will wing it to save face.....and say rubbish!

How many Thai officials have ever said to a question asked......"good question.....I don't know, but I will find out and get back too you".........? Have you ever been into a shop here and ask for something......Only to be told, "We no have".....and the item is on the self behind them!

Just saying.

A former Thai Transport Minister once was quoted with: "Thais don't need to wear helmets as their skulls are thicker than those of other people."

It must be true as that would be the only plausible explanation for the brain size.

Btw. if this is called a "big bike" here, I'm not surprised that many locals believe Thailand is the greatest nation on this planet.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 2

Still an ugly bike regardless where it's from.

GOVERNMENT HOUSE
PM takes off on big bike

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on Tuesday surprised the media and even his security crew when he rode a motorcycle around the road inside the Government House.

His security detail and cameramen were seen running after him though some of them gave up along the way.

The premier was inspecting a booth run by vocational school students who offer a free oil change for motorbikes when he decided to take a ride. The motorcycle belonged to a staff member of government house who had asked the students to check his oil.

Prayut, the former army boss, drove the motorcycle around the Government House compound before returning to where the reporters were waiting. He said he used to ride a motorcycle when he was a young solider.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-takes-off-on-big-bike-30255225.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-03

• Like 1

When you are the coup leader and the Prime Minister, you can pretty well do what you damned well want as we have seen.

As we've seen from the pictures from earlier posters, Thaksin rallied his biker boys as leader of the pack on one of his memorable days up in Isaan a few years ago.

All those lads on here getting their knickers in a knot about his failure to wear a helmet and how illegal it is, while within the privacy of Government house grounds is just a load of hot air and frustration.

Prayuth could drive a bloody tank down Silom Road and nobody could or would do a damn thing about it.

He was just letting off a bit of steam and letting his "lovely" wife know who's the boss.

• Like 2

I've read about lame Dutch humor. whistling.gif

This and previous government heads all have one thing in common, they set a great example as role models. Nice to see Prayuth has expanded list of criminal acts to include riding without a helmet, was getting bored with it being confined to financial misappropriation ( rice schemes, tablets, mobile phones etc. ).

A big bike? A 250 is hardly a big bike, but this is a pretty good story and I've had a good chuckle at the PMs sudden rashness and spontaneous jolly!! Good for him, apart from the fact he's a criminal as he broke the law for not wearing a helmet isn't that right?

Of course he's not a criminal, he's not been found guilty of any crimes, he's justba regular law breaker like another farang who constantly posts crap here about the 7% and uses words like criminals to describe those people who break the law, so this would make the PM a criminal ?

Sounds a bit like the time one of the princes in the UK took a vehicle for a spin, leaving Bodyguards behind.

I like this story, and the PMs human touch of being "naughty" makes a change from him causing issues elsewhere ?

Not a criminal of any sort for not wearing a helmet while riding in private grounds.

Anyone can do what they like on a private road.

• Like 1