Tyres needed for Isuzu Dmax pick up?

When you are making a sharp turn (u-turn) and you hear squeals from the tires, providing you are not going too fast and your front is aligned, You need tires. They are too hard and do not grip.

Having that problem now. In the market for tires but I think I will be going back to Bridgestone. 180,000 km am still have lots of tread.

or your tyre pressure is too low

i get the squeeling noise when in some malls (central festival comes to mind). Don't hear it elsewhere - guess I need new tyres when I go to the mall? haha

And dont forget to inflate them before you go in

When you are making a sharp turn (u-turn) and you hear squeals from the tires, providing you are not going too fast and your front is aligned, You need tires. They are too hard and do not grip.

Having that problem now. In the market for tires but I think I will be going back to Bridgestone. 180,000 km am still have lots of tread.

No. that means you need a wheel alignment.

.. or your air pressure is low - pretty common cause of squealing tires.

Oops, did I just open a can of worms? tongue.png

I purposely avoid the air pressure thing, now look what you have done.

Mine have squealed from new on certain surfaces ... and they have always been at the recommended manufactures pressure AND contained almost 100% Nitrogen ... the can is now bigger?

Had the pressures checked this morning ... the guy told my wife 'your tyres are old' manufactured end of 2012 according to the info on the tyre.

Edited by JAS21

In the ' good old days ' Michelin had a hard compound and lasted forever. Dunlop were softer and gave less road noise but you paid with more wear and less distance before changing. Bridgestone were an average tyre. Semperit from Austria were not bad but hard to find. In my experience here, my Isuzu was fitted with Bridgestone ( presumably made here just outside BKK ). I sold it at 85k kms and it had lots of tread left. The Navara came with Dunlop as standard and are wearing much quicker. At the end of the day, go with the advice already mentioned, i.e. keep a check on your tyres for cracks and inflation. Try and find a tyre shop that uses nitrogen -- ' they ' say it keeps your tyres cooler. If the tyre shop wants to change your tyres before you think they are ready for a change just think how many people here buy part worn tyres.

• Like 1

In the ' good old days ' Michelin had a hard compound and lasted forever. Dunlop were softer and gave less road noise but you paid with more wear and less distance before changing. Bridgestone were an average tyre. Semperit from Austria were not bad but hard to find. In my experience here, my Isuzu was fitted with Bridgestone ( presumably made here just outside BKK ). I sold it at 85k kms and it had lots of tread left. The Navara came with Dunlop as standard and are wearing much quicker. At the end of the day, go with the advice already mentioned, i.e. keep a check on your tyres for cracks and inflation. Try and find a tyre shop that uses nitrogen -- ' they ' say it keeps your tyres cooler. If the tyre shop wants to change your tyres before you think they are ready for a change just think how many people here buy part worn tyres.

thumbsup.gif

I've had them all which was mentioned in the States and here in Thailand. Thailand brand, Maxx has one 980, not a bad tired for the money but the ones I have now and also when I was in the U.S. for my SUV, and got them here too are the BF Goodridge All terrain. For the money, ride and wear to me it is the tops.

I've had them all which was mentioned in the States and here in Thailand. Thailand brand, Maxx has one 980, not a bad tired for the money but the ones I have now and also when I was in the U.S. for my SUV, and got them here too are the BF Goodridge All terrain. For the money, ride and wear to me it is the tops.

Maxx ?

I have never heard of them, do you have anymore info, or even a web link.

Maxx ?

Maxxis

Maxx ?

Maxxis

Yeah I thought it might be maxxis but they are chinese, not Thai.

• 2 weeks later...

If you had read my entire post you would have seen "your front is aligned,". Now the only way to know that is by checking the alignment. If it is good, then the front must be aligned.

Oh by the way, I put a set of 4 Michelins on my truck and walah. No more squeal from the tires.

Believe it or not, people other than yourself know a few things.

Nonsense ... that happens with new tyres as well, it also depends what the road surface is. If the vehicle is in regular use, the tyres can last for years, just a regular check for cracks and distortion and of course keep your pressures good and keep on running!

You just do that. But you are wrong.

My tire pressure is checked every 10,000 km at the regular service at the dealer. I am not the type of driver that drives until it won't start anymore.

My tire pressure is checked every 10,000 km at the regular service at the dealer. I am not the type of driver that drives until it won't start anymore.

If you're doing 10,000KM every week, you are checking your air pressures at about the right frequency then :)

• Like 2

I would NEVER let a dealer or any garage check my tyre pressures.....sad.png

• Like 1

If you had read my entire post you would have seen "your front is aligned,". Now the only way to know that is by checking the alignment. If it is good, then the front must be aligned.

Oh by the way, I put a set of 4 Michelins on my truck and walah. No more squeal from the tires.

No both my cars when new squealed on u turns , it is due to the hard rubber used here, nothing else.

No both my cars when new squealed on u turns , it is due to the hard rubber used here, nothing else.

blink.png