TOT internet problems.

chuppachops

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fastest TOT fiber optic connection. Frequently various problems. Also last months international traffic very slow between 4 - 11 pm. Use of VPN helps some purpose. If you complain this several times, technicians will visit you and run OKLA Speed Test.

I have complained to my carrier several times and one of the techs finally told me what the problem was. You notice your having problems during peak times

What happens you and a lot of other people are one a server. Sometimes more than 100 people. This slows it down a lot and you do not get the speed you would normally get on off peak hours

The best way to deal with your provider is continually complain and tie up a tech a 4 or 5 times in a month They will then without tell you switch you to a server that is not heavily used to keep you quit.

Least level of resistance for them. Better for you Keep complaining and get the tech to visit you a lot

I have been having problems off and on for the last week with TOT. Using fiber optic.

Went to see them today.

The guy said, "With all the fires burning at this time of year, some of the fires damage the fiber optic lines, and we fix the problems as soon as we possibly can.

???

LOL. That goes to same category as problem with cable in Malaysia. Normally you always get some answer. Reality may be pretty different. I might call them and ask them move me better server "as they did for my friend".

I have the same problem with accessing international websites in the evening. Most live streaming, which is nearly impossible. I tried with different DNS, it didn't make any difference. My understanding is they cut international bandwidth during peak time to save money. I have a question: is 3bb better in this matter?

Thank you.

I have rarely encountered a LESS professional outfit than the TOT ! ! ! - They are supposed to be a provider of an "essential service", which is directly linked to the economy of this country. The feeble & 'made-up' nonsense excuses they come-up with are amazing. What the TOT needs is a complete & total re-vamp, including the firing of many top, middle & lower-echelon employees and the infusion of some INTEGRITY into the outfit.

An IP is NOT rocket-science, but simply diligent following of the rules: they're NOT doing it - so changes MUST be made !

Maybe it's time someone put together a "Signature-Drive" to protest the total lethargy in the TOT's culture and present such a "Silent-Protest" to the Ministry responsible for Communications ? I would be the first to sign-up. . . . . .

1zgarz5.gif

I have the same problem with accessing international websites in the evening. Most live streaming, which is nearly impossible. I tried with different DNS, it didn't make any difference. My understanding is they cut international bandwidth during peak time to save money. I have a question: is 3bb better in this matter?

Thank you.

In my experience 3bb is one of the better ones.

But it also depends on the location and how dense the internet connections are.

I have 3bb fiber and i'm normally very happy about it. General download speed is around 6 mb from the USA.

Very slow now. This morning I was getting around 6mb, and now about 1.

Not sure what speed test everyone is using. I don't think Woody's speed test site is running anymore. Perhaps we could pool some results if we all use the same. This one out of Seattle: http://speedtest.comcast.net/

Edited by LivinginKata

Really bad tonight, i'm getting as low as 30kbps, yes 30Kbps

Can't watch even youtube, gave up (again) trying to watch a stream so wasted money and effort calling 1100 knowing I'd get the same ole' same ole' 'we contact the technician' rubbish.....

Tomorrow maybe their 'engineers' will come round, by then all will be barely acceptable and they will drive off smiling at their 'job done'

Torrent is speed is pretty weird. Sometimes I'm not able to watch TV stream but I could get still 1 mb/s DL speed using torrent.

Also connect VPN to fastest Malaysian server improve speed for some purposes.

Edited by cmboy

Thank you.

I have 3bb fiber and i'm normally very happy about it. General download speed is around 6 mb from the USA.

Thank you for your answer. I wasn't very clear in my post. My problem is with latency, not necessarily speed. What is your ping?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Thank you for your answer. I wasn't very clear in my post. My problem is with latency, not necessarily speed. What is your ping?

Thanks.

Not very stable but average around 120 to the USA.