Russian arrested and accused of stealing Watch from Pattaya Market Vendor

webfact

Russian arrested and accused of stealing Watch from Pattaya Market Vendor

watch-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday afternoon, Pattaya Police were called to a popular market in Soi Buakhao in Central Pattaya, after vendors had detained a Russian man accused of stealing a Watch from a market stall.

Officers arrived at the Grand Hall Market and arrested Mr. Dmitrii Chekulaev aged 41, who denied allegations of theft, despite evidence of him taking the Watch, which was found in his trouser pocket.

The Market Vendor, Khun Piyapong aged 35, reported the case at Pattaya Police Station and confirmed the value of the Watch was 1,500 Baht. At the time he was serving another customer when the suspect approached the stall and took the watch without making any attempt to pay for the item.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174216/russian-arrested-and-accused-of-stealing-watch-from-pattaya-market-vendor/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-04

We must assume that the watch in question wasn't a fake otherwise the police would have arrested the vendor for selling counterfeit goods.

No, it was a real steal.

The Market Vendor was Swatch-ing carefully.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

You gotta love the stupidity and absurdity of all this...

Thai watchmakers steal designs and brand names from Caucasians and flood the market with their fake products... then this Caucasian turns up and steals their product !

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You gotta love the stupidity and absurdity of all this...

Thai watchmakers steal designs and brand names from Caucasians and flood the market with their fake products... then this Caucasian turns up and steals their product !

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I doubt very much that the market vendor stole the design etc. Copies of brand name products are not free for the taking in a market. Make the thief pay the price x10 for stealing from the vendor and deport him after a few months in prison. Better yet, make the thief pay the retail price of the watches brand name value x10 as that is what he intended to steal and resell in his home country. Seems fair to me. Don't forget 6 months prison with early release after 3 months for good behavior. Just to be fair and compassionate. coffee1.gif

I have never seen a 1,500 Baht watch on a market stall in Thailand

Open to negotiation............ he usually discounts it down to 1000 baht clap2.gif

and the watches he sells are genuine copies not any old crap whistling.gif

The only problem with this story is, again, we never get to hear the complete story from the foreigner. I am not saying he is innocent. I am only saying that all of these stories always omit the entire statement from the foreigner; hence I am remiss if I do not file this under "BS". Why? Because I know how most Thais behave when they act emotionally stressed, or are emotionally stressed. If you don't, then read the headlines going back a few months to get an idea. Verdict: tell the vendor if they want the foreigner arrested then the vendor will also be arrested and all their knock off goods confiscated. Otherwise, issue a warning and everyone go home.

I hate it when criminals accuse people of being criminals, when the alleged (alleged) crime would have never occurred had the accuser never been acting out illegally.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe someone "planted" it in his trouser ? After all Russians are quality tourists so it must have been a Thai....

Or maybe the "trousers" the Russian was wearing weren't his.

Maybe a mix-up in the changing rooms or something. cheesy.gif

The only problem with this story is, again, we never get to hear the complete story from the foreigner. I am not saying he is innocent. I am only saying that all of these stories always omit the entire statement from the foreigner; hence I am remiss if I do not file this under "BS". Why? Because I know how most Thais behave when they act emotionally stressed, or are emotionally stressed. If you don't, then read the headlines going back a few months to get an idea. Verdict: tell the vendor if they want the foreigner arrested then the vendor will also be arrested and all their knock off goods confiscated. Otherwise, issue a warning and everyone go home.

I hate it when criminals accuse people of being criminals, when the alleged (alleged) crime would have never occurred had the accuser never been acting out illegally.

Innovative.......erm " reasoning " blink.png