Pattaya Bar Owner Defies Closing Order, Assaults Cops

Lite Beer

Police: Pattaya Bar Owner Defies Closing Order, Assaults Cops

By Khaosod Eng.

CHONBURI — A bar owner in Pattaya is under arrest for allegedly assaulting police officers who told him to close down his bar during a Buddhist holiday in Thailand.

Officers were patrolling south Pattaya at around 4.30 am today to enforce the alcohol ban on Makha Bucha Day when they encountered a "karaoke bar" that was still serving customers. Police then reportedly instructed the owner to shut down the bar.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425447141

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-04

Many people in Thailand still think they are above the law.

They will learn their lesson the hard way......but not all of them.

My local beer garden was also open after midnight, last night, full of policeman drinking in there, with 2 police cars parked in full view outside.

Maybe a brief demonstration of Hasapiko (greek dancing) from you Costas would have cleared the place cheesy.gif

• Like 2

There's someone who needs his head examined urgently.... that's if he wishes to still

live in Thailand....

Where does it say falang bar owner? being a karaoke bar it will be thai owned.

Not been reading the PM's comments about "myway or the highway" then?

My local beer garden was also open after midnight, last night, full of policeman drinking in there, with 2 police cars parked in full view outside.

So as you can see they are above the law and I would be also if I had any business here because laws are made by stupid people who know nothing about real life. They are already millionaire and it's not thanks to their hard work, no respect for any officials or politicians.

Another win for the military junta making the police (some) do something besisdes direct traffic !

Next thing you know they will be pulling over speeding 4WDs and investigating crimes !!

Gotta go - the pigs need to be fed before they fly out this afternoon biggrin.png

"Many people in Thailand still think they are above the law.

They will learn their lesson the hard way......but not all of them."

Like those who overstay for years or get ED visas/extensions under false pretenses or work without a WP?

Another win for the military junta making the police (some) do something besisdes direct traffic !

Next thing you know they will be pulling over speeding 4WDs and investigating crimes !!

Gotta go - the pigs need to be fed before they fly out this afternoon biggrin.png

"Next thing you know they will be pulling over speeding 4WDs and investigating crimes !!"

So the police don't investigate crimes but the prisons are overflowing and repeatedly the police have to capture & deport foreigners sought by police in farang land.

Those flying pigs of yours aren't the only childish fantasy you're promoting,

In this country "ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, ITS WHO YO KNOW" that matters the most.

Yes, that would never be the case in the USA, UK, Europe ...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

That's disgraceful. No doubt you'll be pleased to learn that such irresponsible behaviour by RTP is unheard of in Pattaya!

Photos might have been useful...maybe just of the cars...but certainly of the BIB.

Does your phone have a camera?

Shame them...it's the only thing that gets a reaction.

There's someone who needs his head examined urgently.... that's if he wishes to still

live in Thailand....

Read the news article and tell me where it says the owner isnt Thai. All the karaoke bars downstairs from me are owned by Thais - doesnt mean this one wasnt, but I cant see from the article where it indicates who the bar owner is or even which bar it was. I'm guessing the gentleman in question was objecting to the fact that he is already being extorted by the very people who turned up to close him down. Would a Thai do business on a major Buddhist holiday ? Absolutely - all the restaurants downstairs from me are open and doing a roaring trade as I type this.

So if it wasn't Makha Bucha day, it's okay to be open and selling alcohol at 4:30 in the morning? I couild have sworn there was a midnight watershed now

Pattaya still surprises me - even Soi 4 in BKK has a stricter approach to Buddhist holidays, complete with a show of force from the BiB, but I accept that Pattaya Police have a much larger area to enforce any 'last drinks at 11:45 edicts'. The BKK bars are also much stricter re the 2am curfew too - here it's a case of 'turn off the music and turn down the lights' : even during the military curfew last May I was able to sit in a Thai-owned bar at 3am with no fear of the Police or the Army.

When Songkran hits, many of the bars will stay open as long as they can still get paying customers. I'm guessing our karaoke bar owner friend underestimated the willingness of the BiB to appease their military overseers on a Buddhist holiday - just another day in paradise.

Same up in my wife's village police sat drinking at a karaoke bar, this Buddha day is just another day to most Thai's

Police Volunteer attacked during Bar Closure enforcement patrol in South Pattaya

bar-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- As required by Thai Law, all bars had to close from Midnight on 4th March until Midnight on 5th March during the Makha Busha Festival. As officers attempted to close a group of Karaoke Bars in South Pattaya which were open after midnight, one man decided he was having none of it and is alleged to have attacked a Pattaya Police Volunteer.

Police and Police Volunteers were patrolling along Soi Khopia just after 4am and saw many Karaoke Bars still playing music and selling alcoholic beverages. Most of the bars closed as soon as Police arrived, but one man, who claimed to be the owner of one of them and was clearly intoxicated, decided to resist orders to close.

During an angry confrontation, which culminated in officers attempting to arrest the man, who refused to give his name, he is alleged to have pushed and kicked a Pattaya Police Volunteer, Khun Sriharat ages 37, who fell to the ground.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174400/police-volunteer-attacked-during-bar-closure-enforcement-patrol-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-05

Same up in my wife's village police sat drinking at a karaoke bar, this Buddha day is just another day to most Thai's

Other than the fact that perhaps they do not have to get up early for work the next day.

"Next thing you know they will be pulling over speeding 4WDs and investigating crimes !!"

So the police don't investigate crimes but the prisons are overflowing and repeatedly the police have to capture & deport foreigners sought by police in farang land.

Those flying pigs of yours aren't the only childish fantasy you're promoting,

In this country "ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, ITS WHO YO KNOW" that matters the most.

Yes, that would never be the case in the USA, UK, Europe ...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Certainly not in this case:

"13 Mar 2001 - Princess Anne has been fined £400 after admitting driving her Bentley at 93mph on a dual carriageway in Gloucestershire."

Many years prior to that a traffic cop in England did her for speeding but the case was marked ' No Proceedings ' so he took out a private prosecution and she was convicted.

Don't suppose it did his career prospects much good ! :rolleyes: